What ever you do , don't load the leak
    Totally agree with you!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:31 AM
    Hey, if you are so impatient, how about doing the upgrade to that beautiful, beyond awesome, rounded AT&T exclusive Passport? I am sure it has the BB10.3 already preinstalled. What say you good sir?
    Oh! Come on! AT&T passport again? Kill me...thx

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:33 AM
    Update officially using sachesi.
    03-23-15 09:43 AM
    I never load the leaked OS and use it.

Posted via CB10
    As you may or may not be aware - there are true "leaks" - meaning code that has not been released by BlackBerry to anyone, but someone at a carrier or at BlackBerry themselves "leaks' it out.

Then there are versions that are official - meaning BlackBerry has officially released them to carriers and the carriers are in turn releasing them to their subscribers. Just maybe not your carrier - AT&T - which is also my carrier.

For example - the latest 10.3.1.2582 is an official release - it runs very well.

I have been on AT&T for many years - have used BlackBerry devices for many years - both BBOS and BB10 - and I have always run "leaks" or official versions that AT&T has not released. There was never any problem with any of these working fine on AT&T network.

Z10 - 10.3.1.2582 w/2583 radio - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-15 09:51 AM
    Why waiting for WIFI calling if BBM wifi calling is working the same way? Isn't it?

T-Mobile and Verizon are just as bad. They haven't released 10.3.1 either. People that need wifi calling on T-mobile can not load a leaked 10.3.1 or they will lose wifi calling. People using AT&T or Verizon can just use an autoloader and update themselves.
    03-23-15 10:31 AM
    Why waiting for WIFI calling if BBM wifi calling is working the same way? Isn't it?
    Not the same. I believe with BBM you can only call your BBM contacts/people with BBM on their phone. Wifi-calling is basically just like making a regular call -- or receiving a regular call. Only caller needs the app/service and you can call land lines etc.
    playpen007 likes this.
    03-23-15 10:52 AM
    Wow that is not funny....

Posted via CB10
    Not meant to be.

But I have to ask... why wouldn't you try a leak, or any of the currently "officially" available OSs out there. At least look into what it takes. There is nothing that would come from AT&T that would make it any different, or better. They are all the same. I'm using 10.3.1.2582 on an AT&T Z10 right now, and it works fine. I have not broken AT&T's network.

There are those that simply don't want to go beyond whatever the carrier offers. They are simply afraid to dip into the waters of the unknown. If that's the case, then so be it.

But, there are others that tend to be almost a zealot in terms of sticking with the carrier only under some misinformed understanding that all carrier provided OSs are somehow totally bug-free, specifically made for their particular device in hand, and would cure all ills. That's where I have a problem. Experience has taught us that that simply isn't the case. Nothing is completely bug free. And a BlackBerry OS is a BlackBerry OS, no matter where it comes from.

Also, judging from how the updates have gone elsewhere since the Feb 19 roll-out, most of the problems seem to come from OTA updates from 10.2.x to 10.3.1

I can very well understand AT&T's apprehension right now.

Still, in terms of updating now or not with a leak/officially available elsewhere OS, not understanding technology as a reason to not try something, I can understand.

Close-minded refusal to try something because the "carrier knows what's best", I can't abide.

BlackBerry would love to make an OS available world-wide all at once. But, contracts with carriers set up years ago prevents that. The carriers want control. And BlackBerry has lost so much clout with the US carriers that they are now thought of more as a nuisance. I really think AT&T would love nothing more than all BlackBerry users just switch to something else so they can just be done with BlackBerry.

Apple can do it because they came in - brand new - with a desirable device, and set their terms from the start. It's been said that Verizon had first option, but refused to give up control of OS distribution. Apple said they'll just go somewhere else, and AT&T said "heck yeah - we'll let you do whatever you want".

I'll bet that AT&T now wishes they had more control of Apple iOS release to devices after the last few big update issues Apple has had.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-23-15 11:19 AM
    T-Mobile's wifi calling essentially turns a WiFi signal into a cellular signal. So for example, pretend you have absolutely 0 signal so your phone is "Searching for Service". You can't make phone calls or send/receive texts to your phone number, right?

If you have T-Mobile WiFi calling you can as long as you have WiFi signal.

It's fantastic if you live in an area with bad cellular service since you can just use your WiFi to act like a signal booster. BBM WiFi calling won't allow you to send/receive normal text messages or send/receive normal calls from your cell phone number.

That said, it doesn't work flawlessly. I can't receive MMS properly on WiFi calling and sometimes I drop calls.

EDIT: Oh, and to the OP... don't just blame AT&T, blame all the US Carriers. I'm on T-Mobile and honestly wondering whether it's worth staying on Blackberry because of how bad the carriers are about releasing updates. I don't need a ton of apps, but I would like some apps. If you look at Snap now, there's like 10 apps available since we're on such an old version of "Android". :-( It wouldn't be so bad once we're on 10.3 since I've heard they updated their run time, but the update is probably a half a year out if even that. And the next time the Android run time comes out, it'll probably be another year before that gets updated.
    03-23-15 06:15 PM
    T-Mobile's wifi calling essentially turns a WiFi signal into a cellular signal. So for example, pretend you have absolutely 0 signal so your phone is "Searching for Service". You can't make phone calls or send/receive texts to your phone number, right?

If you have T-Mobile WiFi calling you can as long as you have WiFi signal.

It's fantastic if you live in an area with bad cellular service since you can just use your WiFi to act like a signal booster. BBM WiFi calling won't allow you to send/receive normal text messages or send/receive normal calls from your cell phone number.

That said, it doesn't work flawlessly. I can't receive MMS properly on WiFi calling and sometimes I drop calls.

EDIT: Oh, and to the OP... don't just blame AT&T, blame all the US Carriers. I'm on T-Mobile and honestly wondering whether it's worth staying on Blackberry because of how bad the carriers are about releasing updates. I don't need a ton of apps, but I would like some apps. If you look at Snap now, there's like 10 apps available since we're on such an old version of "Android". :-( It wouldn't be so bad once we're on 10.3 since I've heard they updated their run time, but the update is probably a half a year out if even that. And the next time the Android run time comes out, it'll probably be another year before that gets updated.
    That sounds reasonable.Thank for your reply! Maybe we should learn to forgive. Do not let those stuffs which are not the point effect our life. Yeah!
    m3ach likes this.
    03-24-15 05:00 AM
    and so what ?
    03-24-15 05:07 AM
    Agreed, let's all chill, after all it's only a phone right?

Just ask yourself, can I make a phone call with it?

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    03-24-15 05:08 AM
    I have an unlocked Z30 on AT&T. I update the OS using either the BlackBerry website or BlackBerry Link. I'm on 10.3.1.1784 and it's great.
    03-24-15 03:23 PM
    Are there features that you wish AT&T official build has that you can't get it from one of the more stable leaks?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    03-24-15 03:33 PM
    and so what ?
    Just speak it out to make myself feel comfortable. That's it.
    03-25-15 12:15 AM
39 12