Hey, guys.

After one week of observation, I just noticed that I'm receiving emails with 10, 15 minutes of delay. Sometimes, even more. I don't know why exactly, but it happens frequently. Maybe because I'm over wifi connection? Or because I'm not using BIS? Or the problem may be my account server? Really don't know. Maybe you guys are experiencing the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 09:23 AM
    Mine seem to come through quickly, certainly not a 10 minute delay. I'm using live.ca as well as my cable Internet provider's email service. Both work quickly.

Infested this once by sending an email to myself from my laptop, using one address to send to the other and vice versa. Both messages came through in less than a minute.
    06-20-13 10:04 AM
    This would probably have to do with the network rather than the device itself I guess?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:10 AM
    Perhaps you do not have push enabled for the account.

Check in Settings -> Accounts -> Your email -> Advanced -> Push on or off option.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    06-20-13 10:31 AM
    Make sure push email is enabled. 10 to 15 minutes seems like the delay when push is off

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:46 AM
    Thanks!

The push option on my two emails accounts (Gmail and AOL) is on, but the sync interval is 30 minutes. Better change to 15 minutes?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 12:40 PM
    New 10.1 gives 5-min sync intervals!!
    06-21-13 12:53 PM
    Yeah. My emails are near instant.

Posted via CB10 on my naked Z10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-21-13 01:52 PM
    If you're on wifi it may have to do with the IMAP idle (or trip or something) timeout on your router. I had this problem with rogers modem and router combo but since I have then connected it to my d link the problem is gone. Search the forums, there was a thread on that earlier. Sorry that's as helpful as I can be

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:18 PM
    If I'm right, your emails will be instant when not on wifi

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:20 PM
    I also get this delay occassionally, although it's not as bad as the OP. I am often sent two emails at the same time -- one for an order email from a shopping cart, and another from authorize.net with details about the transaction. They arrive simultaneously in Outlook (or 2-3 seconds apart), but every once in a while I'll get one of the two emails 2-5 minutes later. I am using push imap and 15 minute sync intervals. However, I don't believe that interval has anything to do with when I receive email because I receive them on demand as they are sent, suggesting that true push is supported and enabled as I intended.

IMAP IDLE does not enter into this situation if true push is being used. Push is initiated by the server for incoming emails, while IMAP IDLE has to do with the client staying active to keep the IMAP connection open. I think there is some sort of bug here.
    06-21-13 02:33 PM
    I also get this delay occassionally, although it's not as bad as the OP. I am often sent two emails at the same time -- one for an order email from a shopping cart, and another from authorize.net with details about the transaction. They arrive simultaneously in Outlook (or 2-3 seconds apart), but every once in a while I'll get one of the two emails 2-5 minutes later. I am using push imap and 15 minute sync intervals. However, I don't believe that interval has anything to do with when I receive email because I receive them on demand as they are sent, suggesting that true push is supported and enabled as I intended.

IMAP IDLE does not enter into this situation if true push is being used. Push is initiated by the server for incoming emails, while IMAP IDLE has to do with the client staying active to keep the IMAP connection open. I think there is some sort of bug here.
    I'm curious. Does this occur on wifi or on your cellular network?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:53 PM
    My Yahoo shows a delay. My Gmail is near instant. Don't know why. What email provider are you using?

Posted via CB10 on my naked Z10
    06-21-13 02:59 PM
    I'm experiencing similar problems with irregular emails, sometimes late and at other times non-arrival on my Z10. However, I would often receive all emails on my BlackBerry Playbook except for occasional short delays. It appears to be more likely a problem with the Z10/Q10 phones and the mobile provider service but I'm not quite sure. I suspect that some providers are still tweaking their service for BlackBerry 10 phones since I understand that the earlier BIS plans & configuration are not been used for the Z10 and Q10 phones. Also, my mobile service provided has indicated that those phones do not require to a BIS plan for Internet and Email access. The user can manually select either Prepaid or Contract from the APN Settings under Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network. Additionally, the Mobile service provider offers various optional Bolt-on Data plans at lower than normal rates. So you should check with your own service provider for details on how they are accomodating their BlackBerry 10 customers.
    06-21-13 03:09 PM
    I'm experience this problem with my both Gmail and AOL accounts.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 04:02 PM
    I'm curious. Does this occur on wifi or on your cellular network?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the late reply -- I know it has happened at home with WIFI because I'll be sitting here, hearing a new "cha-ching!" thinking I received a new order, but when I go to Outlook, the pair of emails corresponding to the last order is all that's there (both sent and received at almost the same time). I think it happens on the carrier network as well, but I cannot say for certain as I am not usually paying attention as much.
    07-09-13 03:17 PM
    After 10.1, I think it's a little better. In fact, today I received a couple of emails in my Z10 before outlook.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 06:28 PM
    10.1 is when the problem started for me I'm pretty sure. It's not a huge deal mind you
    07-10-13 12:29 AM