I've asked this question before, but didn't get any answers. I also want to apologize if the answer is somewhere else in the forum; I'd search it out, but I have Clear internet, and in Baltimore this is the worst. It is easier for me to just start a brand new thread.

I'm incredibly excited for the new LSeries, so much so that I just ordered a Playbook today (this will be my first tablet). I wanted to ask about the screen of the LSeries, does anyone know if it will be glass, or plastic similar to that of the 9930? Nothing brings me more joy than laughing at isheep with broken screens; yet, I don't want to be in the same boat once the L drops. I really hope it's not that weak glass. If anyone knows the answer to this I'd love to hear it.

In regards to my Playbook, I'm just now slowly turning into a techie. I ordered the 32gb brand new for $159.00 today, it should be here Friday. I'm excited just off the strength of the amount of gb I'm getting for $159, a 32gb card alone is like 30$, lol. What do I need to know? Any cool apps, add-ons I should look to download right away (start with the free ones, I'm quite frugal)?

I find myself checking crackberry almost every 2hrs now, can't believe we are only 3 weeks away til the launch event!

**PS: if you are considering Clear as an internet provider... don't do it. Its garbage, especially here in Baltimore.
    01-08-13 07:11 PM
    I too am from Baltimore so thanks. I will never use clear lol. As far as L goes , I believe its glass but I don't know anything other than that.

PlayBook and apps well that all depends what your into. The app selection isn't great but its not as bad as some will try and say it is.

It really all depends on what you will be using your PlayBook for.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 07:36 PM
    The 9930 screen is glass, not plastic. The main problem with the iPhone screen (in particular the 4/4S) is how there's very little protecting the sides of the glass, where it is most vulnerable.

The L-series, in theory from what I've seen with the leaked photos, should be better protected because the sides of the glass are somewhat covered by a thin band of some unknown material. The removable battery and battery door also helps to transfer some of the force of any impact (if you were to drop the phone on the ground and the battery goes flying) away from the screen or internal components.

However, if you're that concerned about the screen breaking, it's always best to get a case and not take any chances. Glass is glass, and is susceptible to breaking no matter what marketing term it comes with.
    01-08-13 09:36 PM
    Been here for a year, and I love it. Just went to Abbey Burger for the first time yesterday, I had a kangaroo burger. Great decision!

I'm pretty basic when it comes to function. On the Playbook I would hope it has twitter, if not its OK. I've been tweeting just fine from the 9930. I use Wordpress often, Pintrest, not big into games. Totally looking forward to playing around with the thing.

Thanks for the response.
    01-08-13 10:44 PM
    Thanks. I had no idea, really thought it was plastic all this time after surviving all those falls. What you informed me of makes a lot of sense, so it seems we might be a little more protected. I'll be honest. I'm one of those people who starts off wearing the case on the phone, then gets really confident and wants to show off the phone. I end up keeping my phones nude; BBs are just so sexy.
    01-08-13 10:47 PM
    Always keep my phones uncovered too. I agree the Bold is a very sexy looking phone. I'm sorry to see RIM chasing after the "plain old look" of phones these days. The Blackberry keyboard phones are iconic. Whenever someone on TV holds one (always happens on the news channels), i can tell right away if it's a Blackberry. If not, it's... something else.

You will love bridging to your Playbook. It is, in my opinion, the best feature by far.
    01-09-13 02:39 PM
    Been here for a year, and I love it. Just went to Abbey Burger for the first time yesterday, I had a kangaroo burger. Great decision!

I'm pretty basic when it comes to function. On the Playbook I would hope it has twitter, if not its OK. I've been tweeting just fine from the 9930. I use Wordpress often, Pintrest, not big into games. Totally looking forward to playing around with the thing.

was that an actual Kangaroo hamburger? I had a kangaroo steak when I was in Sydney for awhile. I was not a fan of it though.

It comes preloaded with a HTML5 twitter app. for the little tweeting I do it's great, but if you do it a lot then there are other paid twitter apps available. The is a wordPress app as well, I have never used word press so I can't really comment on how well it works. I don't think there is a pintrest app but I could be mistaken, but chances are the web version will run on the PB. I only just started side loading apps a couple of weeks ago, when crackberry posted a video on a new chrome extension that makes it stupidly easy to do, but there are tons of android bar. files available of many of the popular apps that don't have playbook versions.

Thanks for the response.
    01-09-13 04:23 PM