By way of a fortunate coincidence recently, I was able to spend 90 minutes playing with a Z10 final prototype. I was impressed.

I probably cannot add anything to the volumes of intell already appearing in these forums and elsewhere. But I will say that we are going to have a solid monolithic phone, with a very pleasng slab-like feel. Minimalist physical controls are far superior to competitive products. No stupid button. Swipes and bezel action similar to those on the PlayBook to run the show. The screen and all icons are above the average in quality. The sound quality will surprise you. The size is perfect at exactly 1/3 of my PlayBook. It works well in both portrait and landscpe modes.

Finally, it. will more than satisfy your pressing need for novelty. The screen behaviour and control of Peek and Flow provide a new user experience, highly integrated and productive. With a slate keyboard keyed to the software environment, user input will be fast and fun. I've set aside a guessed amount of the money for an upgrade. Like many of you, I cannot wait for real ownership.
    ctuffy, zyben, jvictor77 and 4 others like this.
    01-01-13 06:37 PM
    I'm dying to know what the haters at Gizmodo and BGR will say when this phone is finally released. Probably with a muted ignorance.
    mrlee7 likes this.
    01-01-13 06:48 PM
    Wooo you are so lucky. I can not wait for Z10. I even want to go to the lunch event in NYC but it is invite only.
    01-01-13 08:10 PM
    Wooo you are so lucky. I can not wait for Z10. I even want to go to the lunch event in NYC but it is invite only.
    I think we should ALL be invited to this event!
    01-01-13 08:19 PM
    It works well in both portrait and landscpe modes.
    Can you expand on that? how does the Hub work in landscape??
    01-02-13 12:47 AM
    "The sound quality will surprise you"

Nice!
    01-02-13 01:33 AM
    OOOH you tease!
    01-02-13 02:49 AM
    Anyone have a handkerchief? I appear to have spilled a considerable amount of saliva over my chin.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-02-13 03:40 AM
    Its nice to see RIM turn a corner and get back to solid products, BUT, given their past the US carriers will do everything they can to screw up the device launches, product specs and pricing. Verizon and AT&T offer only the 16GB GN2 when there is a 32GB and 64GB version, and with JB 4.1 not able to store large apps (data files) on the SD card you are limited in what you carry.

As a long time BB user who left due to the death spiral I welcome the new BB10 OS and products. If the rumors are true I will be getting one, hopefully my company will make the upgrades internally for us so I don't have to spend my money
    01-03-13 12:34 PM