- CrackBerry Addict
- 510 Posts
Keypad alt keys
Just noticed something with my keypad that may be interesting and new for some...
If you long press on your keypad letters, you can change the letters to caps. I seem to remember my Torch doing that. Something I can't remember if my Torch did or not, though, is if you continue to long press, you get alt characters...
I only included the letters that did parent alt characters. Just seemed like a pretty cool feature.
edit: Well that is certainly odd...the alt characters don't show up when the thread posts. Maybe a CB10 bug, not carrying the characters? You'll have to try it yourself to see what I mean.
Posted via CB10 with my Z10
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-03-2013, 11:37 PM #2
- 426 Posts
i've known about this for quite some time.
To add to this since its kinda relevant.
I would love to see an option to assign specific language and keyboard to your contacts, since blackberry claims to be such a world business phone maybe they will.
Reason being that yes auto detection is somewhat useful, although now as i get more serious with typing in dif languages for dif contacts i have turned this function off and switch manually to appropriate keyboards, due to the characters not being in the pop up menu for the specific language when using auto detection, and also less confusion on the prediction text, u will only get the language you are typing and not both
- By BIMMER in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-10-2009, 03:38 PM
- By Doss in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 0Last Post: 03-27-2008, 09:58 AM
- By georgerwu in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2008, 10:20 AM
- By Felixv in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2008, 02:29 PM
- By azsunstroke in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2008, 09:46 PM