I am really enjoying the typing experience on the Z10. I come from a Samsung Omnia 2 Windows 6.5 touchscreen phone that was little smaller than the Z10. I have also used a BB Curve and Bold 9900. For android, I have used a Samsung Fascinate and for iOS, iphone 3S and iphone 5. Of all the typing experiences, the qwerty keyboards allowed me to type the fastest with the Android (2.3) coming in second. The Omnia 2 drove me crazy as I was so slow and always having to correct myself. The iphone were similar as I made so many mistakes and was very slow. After using the two qwertys, I thought I would probably wait for the Q10 for the physical keyboard. After trying the keyboard on the Z10, it seemed to hold a lot of promise and I took the plunge. I have been very impressed with how easy and quick the keyboard is. I am way more productive and efficient than on any other phone. The predictive text is light years ahead of anything with android a close second (I am giving android the benefit of the doubt here as I assume the typing experience has gotten better since 2.3). In my view, the Z10 has a keyboard that is second to none and the time savings I get are beyond the view of any review I have seen. As an overall experience, the feature set offered up by the Z10 allows me to be way more efficient, with the keyboard, a key part of that equation. Add in the Hub, Flow and Peak and the ability to move amongst apps and the ease of communication via the Hub, this all adds up to a very powerful package. It is the sum of its parts, not individual factors that give the Z10 a huge step up in efficient performance. The comparison of chipsets, processor speed and other specs all pale in the time savings and efficiency I gain in using the Z10. Throw in the web browsing experience that is also fast and efficient and the end result is a powerful package. The keyboard is a key part of the whole experience. Well done BB! Well done!!
    02-26-13 11:41 PM
    This was helpful since I am on
    the fence between the z10and Q10. I think I will pre order the Z10 and give it an honest try.
    03-17-13 08:46 AM
    Z10's keyboard is really fantastic. It is easily the best touch keyboard out there. Its not easy to make mistakes on Z10's keyboard.
    03-17-13 09:19 AM
    Ye in english its just amazing, but in arabic it lags and delays specially after the update, im not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 09:39 AM
    This was helpful since I am on
    the fence between the z10and Q10. I think I will pre order the Z10 and give it an honest try.
    It's fantastic. I love the swipe up feature. I just typed a 10 word sentence to a friend with 15 keystrokes. Crazy good. And when I get into the 2 thumb typing, the auto correct is ridiculously good which allows for even faster typing than I had on my 9700. I wouldn't advise holding out unless you really like the physical feel of the keyboard.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-17-13 09:45 AM
    Question for Z10 owners, particularly those who've transitioned from a QWERTY: do you cradle the phone in both hands and type with your thumbs, or hold it in one hand and hunt-and-poke with one finger? My wife does the one finger method (ON HER IPHONE, you perverts), but I can't see how that would be very fast. I'm seeing from many users here that they've had no problems going from QWERTY to the Z10's virtual keyboard; I'm just wondering how you've made that transition.

PS: I'm going to grab a Z for myself this Friday. Made up my mind, I'm taking the plunge into the unknown.
    03-17-13 09:52 AM
    I also love the easy text selection
    03-17-13 09:55 AM
    Question for Z10 owners, particularly those who've transitioned from a QWERTY: do you cradle the phone in both hands and type with your thumbs, or hold it in one hand and hunt-and-poke with one finger? My wife does the one finger method (ON HER IPHONE, you perverts), but I can't see how that would be very fast. I'm seeing from many users here that they've had no problems going from QWERTY to the Z10's virtual keyboard; I'm just wondering how you've made that transition.

PS: I'm going to grab a Z for myself this Friday. Made up my mind, I'm taking the plunge into the unknown.
    I've never held in one hand and typed with the opposing index finger. It's either one hand and same thumb or dual thumb like one would on the QWERTY.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-17-13 09:58 AM
    I found very much the same things as you are mentioning. The Z10 virtual keyboard system has to be the best in the industry. I do a lot of text typing with my phones. I use them for my work. What surprised me is I can type faster with the Z10 than I can with the 9900. I was surprised at this. I am a speed typist when using a normal PC keyboard. I have been searching for a high quality PC type touch keyboard. I found out about a prototype model and did not like it.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-17-13 10:08 AM
    Honestly. I replaced a 9900 and was afraid of the Z10 typing. Not anymore, I enjoy it big time!

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    03-17-13 10:10 AM
    Ye in english its just amazing, but in arabic it lags and delays specially after the update, im not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    Because this is largely an English language forum I sometimes overlook the very large non English community that supports BlackBerry. Thanks for the reminder. I wonder if you have provided BlackBerry with your feedback? This sounds like an area that they need to improve.

With regard to the keyboard, I use two languages on a very regular basis. I can not believe how great the experience is for me. It's fun to use the keyboard and I look forward to each and every opportunity to use it. I must say I am a terrible typist so the predictions and corrections really help me. It has increase my productivity tenfold. Forget about productivity, my accuracy is so much better. And for me the ability to swipe left on the keyboard is an added plus as I can make mistakes that even the keyboard can't figure out. We'll done all around. Fantastic experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:23 AM
    Z10 keyboard is the bomb. Second to none. I have always used normal keyboards and was worried about changing. But no issues at all. It's far better then everything I have every used.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:30 AM
    Because this is largely an English language forum I sometimes overlook the very large non English community that supports BlackBerry. Thanks for the reminder. I wonder if you have provided BlackBerry with your feedback? This sounds like an area that they need to improve.

With regard to the keyboard, I use two languages on a very regular basis. I can not believe how great the experience is for me. It's fun to use the keyboard and I look forward to each and every opportunity to use it. I must say I am a terrible typist so the predictions and corrections really help me. It has increase my productivity tenfold. Forget about productivity, my accuracy is so much better. And for me the ability to swipe left on the keyboard is an added plus as I can make mistakes that even the keyboard can't figure out. We'll done all around. Fantastic experience.

Posted via CB10
    No i didnt send them any feedback about the arabic keyboard

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 04:20 AM

I type 2 thumbed 90% messages
    I only type one handed when I'm juggling things. A bit of tap touch but i mostly flick words up making everything easy. I have only used qwerty BlackBerry 7 years now the transition was easy I've tried all the top phones bb keyboard is best experience and least stressful.The qwerty is still golden and legendary.Test out the Z if you don't like it trade it for the Q you know that won't fail you.
    03-21-13 04:48 AM