I just got my Z10 yesterday and I must say this keyboard is hard to use. I was using swift key on my Note 2 and had become very proficient with it. Do I just need more time with the Zed?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:42 AM
    Yes, you are trying to use the same techniques. Stop looking at the keys and look at the text you are typing.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-16-13 10:45 AM
    Nope, it's the best touchscreen keyboard out there.

I don't use the word prediction flicking feature to be honest, but the auto correct on this device is amazing.

I can type a sentence like xhnchdbcb xhdv dhcbcb dh dhcbcb dohpgf and it'll correct it to the exact words I wanted.

I think you just need more time with the device. Remember, this keyboard learns common keystrokes and words you use and customizes its prediction based on your usage. It basically becomes smarter and smarter the more you use it.

Give it a week and I'm sure you'll also see its the best keyboard ever

Posted via CB10
    brout, toutounjiomar and 00stryder like this.
    04-16-13 10:48 AM
    Ok don't look at the predictive text? I think that's where I slow down so bad. I type then look for my word.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:50 AM
    when typing a web address, the ".com" flick is near impossible.. dont even attempt, quicker to type it out

and editing text is troublesome... so frustrating
    04-16-13 10:51 AM
    For me I even started to hate my 9810 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:51 AM
    I don't know if I would go as far as saying "It is the best keyboard out there" but it is pretty dang good! I too am coming from a Note 2 using swift key and for me, swift key was so good I could just look at what I was typing, but on the z10 I must look at the keys to make sure my fingers are hitting the right place, keep in mind we are coming from a massive screen and spread out keys to a tighter package.
    04-16-13 11:07 AM
    Yeah. I venture to say I will miss the size of the screen not the size of re device. I will keep typing away here. By not looking at the predictive text its a little better.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:45 AM
    when typing a web address, the ".com" flick is near impossible.. dont even attempt, quicker to type it out

and editing text is troublesome... so frustrating
    Nah

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:46 AM
    Once you get used to the keyboard on the Zed it's easy to use. It only took me about a day to really get used to it

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:50 AM
    Give it a week or 2. Like many have said the keyboard will learn from you. I got frustrated the first few days. Now there is no way I would ever go back to anything else. I have had the phone for more than 2 months and the keyboard still blows me away.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:59 AM
    I just got my Z10 yesterday and I must say this keyboard is hard to use. I was using swift key on my Note 2 and had become very proficient with it. Do I just need more time with the Zed?

Posted via CB10
    I'm on week 7 and still struggling. V slow ans frustrating compared with physical keyboards. And constant typos.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:28 PM
    Give it knew time, Ira just you adjusting to the smaller screen I thinj

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-16-13 02:30 PM
    Give it knew time, Ira just you adjusting to the smaller screen I thinj

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    See, typos are a problem!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:32 PM
    Keep using it, the keyboard learns you! See some of the intuitive features regarding the keyboards "learning" features on the BlackBerry site. Amazing stuff!
    04-16-13 02:41 PM
    People usually have a harder time after switching from a device with a physical keyboard. After using it for a week, they realize how good it really is! I rarely have problems typing on it. While using my previous phone I would often hit the return key when trying to hit space. The predictive text feature is also really good, however I still tend to mash through my typing and let auto correct sort things out.
    04-16-13 02:45 PM
    I was a die hard Bold user, so I was very skeptical about the Z10. I even had a Torch 9850 for a few weeks until I gave up. I decided even before I got my Z10 that I'd give it my best and if it didn't work out, I'd get the Q10 when it came out....I'm here to stay. The keyboard is a bit tough at first, but gets better and better. I can type out entire paragraphs in seconds. I probably swipe up at least 80% of my words. It really does "learn" how I type! So, I just don't see going to the Q10 and losing my large screen for a physical keyboard. I don't see it happening, but you never know.....!
    04-16-13 02:47 PM
    Once the keyboard has learned your style of typing and the words you use you will be able to type gibberish mostly and the keyboard will 99% of the time convert it into readable English words that make sense. Had my Z10 twelve weeks now and my keyboard seems to be reading my mind when I type. : )
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-16-13 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Funny how it works so well for some people and not well at all for others. I know people with issues with the keyboard are not making it up - you can tell it from their typos and corrections in IM programs.

For me, the keyboard has been one of the joys of this phone. I have tried the iPhone and a few touch screen Androids, bit found them extremely frustrating due to my own typing inaccuracies and idiosyncrasies.

But this phone seems to know what I am going to type before I type it.

So yes, give it more time.

FWIW, I type in portrait and I don't look at the words on the screen, but focus on the letters on the keyboard. It works amazingly well.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-16-13 02:52 PM
    Once the keyboard has learned your style of typing and the words you use you will be able to type gibberish mostly and the keyboard will 99% of the time convert it into readable English words that make sense. Had my Z10 twelve weeks now and my keyboard seems to be reading my mind when I type. : )
    ^This^

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:54 PM
    I don't know if I would go as far as saying "It is the best keyboard out there" but it is pretty dang good! I too am coming from a Note 2 using swift key and for me, swift key was so good I could just look at what I was typing, but on the z10 I must look at the keys to make sure my fingers are hitting the right place, keep in mind we are coming from a massive screen and spread out keys to a tighter package.
    That's what he said :0

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:21 PM
    You are absolutely right about "reading my mind". That's exactly how I feel.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:27 PM
    I got the z10 since day one at AT&T and I still suck at typing it. I miss the letters half the time and even if I retype the dam word, but the auto correct is impressive and correct my typos accurately. This keyboard takes some time to get used too. For me at least..

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:40 PM
    Keep using it, the keyboard learns you! See some of the intuitive features regarding the keyboards "learning" features on the BlackBerry site. Amazing stuff!
    I want the darn predictive keyboard to read my mind so I don't have to touch the screen. It must be there so I can multi task while eating chicken wings with BEer

;-)

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 03:49 PM
    I want the darn predictive keyboard to read my mind so I don't have to touch the screen. It must be there so I can multi task while eating chicken wings with BEer

;-)

It's getting darn close to have learned my 60 word vocabulary in the past 25 days ;-)

04-16-13 03:50 PM
27 12