Im pissed.....I like Crackberry, I like all the members who contribute, I own a z10 and love it! But Kevin was super cocky about Instagram launching, and it just never even came close to happening. Part of this sites cache is contacts in Waterloo and sometimes cracking stories before they happen. Im ashamed to say I am quite dissapointed the story about Instagram coming to BB10 was just seemingly Bull****. I told people, what I read(and trusted from Kevin) and now i look like a ****** nugget to people who value my opinion. This is crap.

I'm just very dissapointed in Instagram, Blackberry, and Kevin.

Crackberry should be just hammering Blackberry about Instagram. Dont not ask questions because you know the answer...bring it up, grind them on it...Blackberry needs to make it happen...whether it be throwing money at them, whatever.....IT IS KILLING BB not having it. I sideload.....ya its fine, but sideloading is a duck tape solutuon...lets call a spade a spade here.

Vent over lol.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    06-20-13 01:56 PM
    Serenity now...serenity now...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 01:58 PM
    When did he say it was coming?
    06-20-13 02:02 PM
    When did he say it was coming?
    http://m.crackberry.com/dont-believe...-blackberry-10

06-20-13 02:06 PM
    Okay, Not to be rude or anything...but that whole instagram thing is way too much... I understand that some people live with it, but everything takes time... we didn't even get 10.1 update yet!!!
    bbrygrrl, heepman, SassyD and 2 others like this.
    06-20-13 02:07 PM
    06-20-13 02:08 PM
    Im pissed.....I like Crackberry, I like all the members who contribute, I own a z10 and love it! But Kevin was super cocky about Instagram launching, and it just never even came close to happening. Part of this sites cache is contacts in Waterloo and sometimes cracking stories before they happen. Im ashamed to say I am quite dissapointed the story about Instagram coming to BB10 was just seemingly Bull****. I told people, what I read(and trusted from Kevin) and now i look like a ****** nugget to people who value my opinion. This is crap.

Crackberry should be just hammering Blackberry about Instagram. Dont not ask questions because you know the answer...bring it up, grind them on it...Blackberry needs to make it happen...whether it be throwing money at them, whatever.....IT IS KILLING BB not having it. I sideload.....ya its fine, but sideloading is a duck tape solutuon...lets call a spade a spade here.

Vent over lol.

Whats Instagram?
    Edit:
    Never mind, I looked it up. I hope it comes out soon for you, in BB10 native code.
    06-20-13 02:08 PM
    Ah I see. But in his defense he doesn't give a firm date on when its coming.
    robson21 likes this.
    06-20-13 02:09 PM
    Kevin and team CrackBerry can only do so much. Perhaps he was told something by someone but plans changed or got delayed for whatever reason. Ranting about the site or Kevin is just dumb. Everyone who wants it shares your frustration, but try not to get too worked up over it. its an app. Nothing to lose sleep over.
    06-20-13 02:09 PM
    I dont need instagram if its nit there.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:10 PM
    This is really "old hat", Blackberry will eventually get Instagram once it's no longer popular....
    ...We blackberry users have been accepting this type of thing for value for years now.
    ...If Kevin said that I'm sure he was told by Blackberry at some high level it was coming.

What probably happened was that it was discovered some code within Blackberry....
    ...Made it to difficult to make this app work with BB10.
    ...Which sounds a lot like the reasons you hear kung fu advocates give.
    ...For why there is no kung fu fighters in the UFC ( it's because it's to deadly LOL ).

In any event Kevin has been good to us BBRY lovers......
    ...He got rick rolled just like we do - over and over again.
    robkd likes this.
    06-20-13 02:11 PM
    Okay, Not to be rude or anything...but that whole instagram thing is way too much... I understand that some people live with it, but everything takes time... we didn't even get 10.1 update yet!!!
    Its ridiculous that a) we were told it was basically coming..and instead someone won a free RC car!? B) i never see crackberry asking these guys questions about it, even if they know the answer, whocares make them uncomfortable get them tired of answering that ****. C) its been long enough. I mean come on!

If it comes out with 10.2 ill eat my words GLADLY....but right now my confidence could not be lower on these main apps, blackberries ability to bring them to this platform, and crackberry's ability to ask the tough questions and put the company on the hot seat.

06-20-13 02:12 PM
    Lol at "duck tape."

Posted via CB10 on my sexy *** Q10
    inked18, rai187, k-fos and 5 others like this.
    06-20-13 02:13 PM
    Not sure whether you people need/require Instagram ,was the point of the thread.
    keyboard_cat likes this.
    I could care less about Instagram. It's not important to me.

Posted via my AT&T Z10
    tg1 likes this.
    Would much prefer to have useful apps!

Posted via CB10
    sklotz2000, BallRockReaper and tg1 like this.
    Kev reports what he is told, no?
    06-20-13 02:15 PM

Vent over lol.

The BB defensive force will come out and say what some have already said. "Who needs it anyway", "What's that?", "I can sideload it" etc. Apps are very important in this age no matter how insignificant it may seem to the die hard BB fans. There is a reason why other manufacturers are thriving and Apps is one of them.
    06-20-13 02:15 PM
    Hey @JBML007 - I get your frustrations and disappointment -- believe me when I say I'm disappointed too -- and I appreciate people venting, but I need to vent too if I get called out as a liar.

Look, as you highlighted in your post, a big part of what we do is rely on other people's information. When we originally posted here about Instagram coming to BB10 (which by the way, I never said when), that info to the best of my knowledge was gold. Over the years, my track record is pretty damn rock solid. There's a reason people take what I saw literally as word... it's rarely wrong.

That said, THINGS CHANGE. Just like release dates changes, just like rumored hardware devices can change, etc. etc. When I posted about Instagram coming to BB, that was not a lie. I wouldn't post something like that if I didn't believe in what I was posting to be absolutely true.

But if things change after that which are beyond my control, well.. that's out of my hands. I can't go back in time to change what I've written. It's the same story about things like phones... Aristo was originally rumored to have a 4.5" display (which it did internally)... now that build is scrapped and the A10 is going to be 5". Does that make us a liar because it will ship with 5" instead of 4.5"?? Eff no. We posted what we believed to be right at the time.

On the Instagram front, I'm with you that it needs to come to BlackBerry asap. Hopefully the bandaid fix will be bringing over the Android version with the new Jellybean runtime. Alongside of that, we're seeing in the Windows Phone space some unofficial apps emerge that are working around Instagram to offer a native Windows Phone experience (reverse engineering APIs, and device spoofing so they can act as a iPhone to Instagram's servers while then actually running a slick native UI on Windows Phone). I'm hoping we can push the latter to happen on BB10 ourselves in the meantime. Focus on the solution, not the problem.

Sorry to hear people who value your opinion think you're a ***** nugget - just be honest with them the way I am here. Stuff changes. And, I do believe one way or another Instagram will come. It's just taking way. too. effen. long.
    06-20-13 02:17 PM
    Kevin didn't lie to us. He has Instagram on his iPhone.
    you people posting, "I don't need instagram" might as well go to the front page and post "first" under everyt blog post.

Its about as use full
    I also took the info and confidently assured people Instagram was going to come (people who bought the phone partly on my advice). My fault for telling them, and their fault for buying a phone that didn't meet their current needs. They have it side loaded now so not as pissed as they could be ..
    06-20-13 02:18 PM
    Kevin didn't lie to us. He has Instagram on his iPhone.
    Lol. Love me my BB. And I'm definitely BB Fanboy #1. I also own every frick'n phone and tablet of note out there. Ignorance isn't bliss in my position... it's being uneducated. I keep everything around to test and try. But my SIM is always in the BB. Q10/Z10 FTW!
    06-20-13 02:20 PM
    Whats Instagram?
    Edit:
    Never mind, I looked it up. I hope it comes out soon for you, in BB10 native code.
    How's your first day on the Internet going?
    06-20-13 02:20 PM
    I understand people want Instagram on BB10 but do they realize that it took 18 months for instagram to move from iOS to Android? That is considering android's considerable market share. I am still not sure if it has made its way to Windows Phone 8 yet. It may eventually come to BB10 but I don't know if anyone can force them. Especially so since they got bought out by Facebook.
    06-20-13 02:22 PM
454 123 ...