CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default keeps asking for password on pop3 email accounts

this is driving me nuts. several times a day it keeps asking me for the passwords to all my 6 email accounts. it seems to be random but hard to tell.
    everything is entered correctly so i do not know why it is doing this. anyone else have this issue?
    Current: Black Z10 + 64 Gig Playbook / Previous: Bold 9900, Sony S Tablet with Android ICS 4.1 (use for bedroom clock now), Bold 9000, iPhone 3GS (use for some travel + as an iPod), BB 8700 (best phone ever, track wheel!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, I am experiencing the exact same issue, so frustrating! Only I am being asked for my account password every few mins. I have had my Z10 since mid last week and it only started happening yesterday! Did a hard reset but that didn't achieve anything. Keen to know if anyone else has the same issue and has managed to resolve it??
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts

yeah the playbook did this to me often. now the same email EAS is doing this but only once every few days. a fix would be nice
    CrackBerry Abuser

This won't be a z10 issue but rather a mail server one. Sound like your ip is being temporarily being blocked by your server. Are you sure you have all passwords correct?
    CrackBerry User

I had this on my z 10 and what I needed to do was input a Description. Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
    yeah the playbook did this to me often.
    My PlayBook does this too. Works fine with Gmail, but my Comcast accounts ask for passwords every now and then. Seems a BB10 (or 9.99 for the PB lol) thing, as my old 9650 never did it.
    CrackBerry Addict

I had the same issue with my Yahoo! accounts.

It's not ideal, but the way 'round I found was to change the passwords on a PC, then re-configured the Z10. After that, mine have behaved. You can always do the same to change immediately back to your old ones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

hmmm. for sure not ideal as I have 5 devices all running my 6 email accounts. none of them are gmail or yahoo but all work ones. a couple i would have to get a hold of IT to change, and IT guys are not the fastest bunch sometimes. Im going to track with accounts its asking for as i have noticed that the last 3 days it keeps asking for only 2 accounts. as for passwords, they are all correct, and i have descriptions in every one.
    Current: Black Z10 + 64 Gig Playbook / Previous: Bold 9900, Sony S Tablet with Android ICS 4.1 (use for bedroom clock now), Bold 9000, iPhone 3GS (use for some travel + as an iPod), BB 8700 (best phone ever, track wheel!)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Whenever i turn the data offf at night, in the morning after turning it on, hotmail account keeps asking for password. It asks randomnly anytime when i am using the phone. Strange?!
    CrackBerry Newbie

My Z10 worked perfectly for months. I got a few emails saying that someone tried to login to my Gmail accounts. I changed my passwords and everything worked fine. Then, suddenly, my phone keeps asking for the password for only one of them. Everything works fine, just keep getting the notification. I've tried the obvious fixes and nothing works yet. I'm trying to avoid having to do in depth troubleshooting because I'm lazy. Anyone know a fix?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I get this from time to time but I have always ignored the message and my email comes through right away regardless.

I assumed it was from a delay in the phone connecting to wifi and it needed a few more seconds.

I will have to look at it closer next time.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

That happened to me today 6/6/13, for the first time. I got a message on the Hub that one of the email accounts was not responding. Checking, I found that one was a POP account. I had to re-enter the password to fix it. Running the OS 10.1.0.2342 on Z10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a feeling the device is checking for mail too often and the server blocks it for a few minutes.

Posted via CB10