How do I keep my ringtones from showing up in my music list? I put them in a separate folder on the SD card, but they keep showing up.
    02-09-13 12:31 AM
    I would like to know this too. I wonder if there is a way to blacklist folders from the music app, IE: a ring tone folder so any ring tones placed there won't show in music.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 01:16 AM
    I put it in the main section. Named it Ringtones and the Music player still found them
    02-09-13 01:18 AM
    Yeah, I'll bump this. Listening to Barbie in my truck with my daughter and an old "Me so horny" ringtone played next. Forgot I had that on there, It's from 3 phones ago at least.
    Lendo likes this.
    02-09-13 01:09 PM
    Yeah, I'll bump this. Listening to Barbie in my truck with my daughter and an old "Me so horny" ringtone played next. Forgot I had that on there, It's from 3 phones ago at least.
    LOL that's too funny
    battery likes this.
    02-09-13 01:11 PM
    Found a Solution!!

Hope this works for everyone.
    Go into your ringtones on your cpu (im assuming you have them there). For each ringtone you want on your Z10 you will need to rename the file extension from .m4a/.mp3 to .jad
    Once you have done this all you need to do is transfer the file from your cpu to your sdcard (not your device, because when u search tones in your z10 it only offers the root folder tones in the device, not added tones).

i just made a ringtones folder on my sdcard, works like a charm!
    p.s If you transfer by bluetooth you will have to go into file manager>device>downloads and "move" the ringtone to yor sdcard

*edit*
    It appears all you have to do is delete the file extension, no renaming to .jad necessary
    Last edited by clipskid; 02-10-13 at 09:59 PM.
    Lendo likes this.
    02-10-13 09:27 PM
    Found a Solution!!

Hope this works for everyone.
    Go into your ringtones on your cpu (im assuming you have them there). For each ringtone you want on your Z10 you will need to rename the file extension from .m4a/.mp3 to .jad
    Once you have done this all you need to do is transfer the file from your cpu to your sdcard (not your device, because when u search tones in your z10 it only offers the root folder tones in the device, not added tones).

i just made a ringtones folder on my sdcard, works like a charm!
    p.s If you transfer by bluetooth you will have to go into file manager>device>downloads and "move" the ringtone to yor sdcard
    Are you only able to see them for certain things like Twitter, but not when you want to add a ringer for a contact?
    02-10-13 09:42 PM
    Are you only able to see them for certain things like Twitter, but not when you want to add a ringer for a contact?
    It would appear you would be right...kinda sucks that yo cant use your downloaded tones for contacts unless you are prepared to have the tones in you music playlist as well
    02-10-13 10:01 PM
    Doesn�t work for me either. Still have ringtones mixed up with my music.
    I renamed the files to .jad. Nothing changes on the phone. They still display mp3, while the computer says .jad. Awkward....
    03-17-13 07:12 PM
    To the OP.
    The easiest solution is, so you have your ringtones in a folder called ringtones.
    Connect the phone to a PC and explore to the folder with your ringtones.
    Rightclick your ringtones and select properties, in the "summary" tab, where it says "Album Title" Type in "Ringtones" you can also scroll down a bit and change the genre to Ringtones... click apply and then OK ,
    you can do multiple ringtone titles at the same time by just selecting all .
    now your ringtones should appear in their own Album/genre catagory on your phone.

hope this helps
    03-17-13 07:36 PM
    How do I keep my ringtones from showing up in my music list? I put them in a separate folder on the SD card, but they keep showing up.
    The true easiest solution (I currently use) which was posted in another thread which I found while looking for a solution to this is simple.

Create the tones/ringtones folder within the 'voice' folder on the device or sdcard.

So for me, it's like this... sdcard >>> voice >>> tones (created by me)

All my ring tones and alert tones are stored in the tones folder and don't show in the music player.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dealz417; 03-18-13 at 07:16 AM.
    arkaroola and nikiblueeyes like this.
    03-17-13 07:53 PM
    Unfortunately, I cannot find the "tones" folder in the voice folder....???
    Attached Thumbnails Keep ringtones out of music?-bildschirmfoto-2013-03-18-um-02.49.17.jpg  
    03-17-13 08:53 PM
    What Dealz's is suggesting is YOU create a NEW folder for your ringtones in the voice folder, or you can cut the entire RINGTONE FOLDER and paste it into the VOICE folder
    03-18-13 05:46 AM
    What Dealz's is suggesting is YOU create a NEW folder for your ringtones in the voice folder, or you can cut the entire RINGTONE FOLDER and paste it into the VOICE folder
    Yes this is correct, either you create a new ringtones folder within the voice folder or cut, move and paste your existing ringtones folder in to the voice folder.

@ Smartie020
    You have to create the 'tones' folder yourself (or 'ringtones' if you want to call it that).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dealz417; 03-18-13 at 07:29 AM.
    03-18-13 07:14 AM
    Does it matter, if they are .mp3 or .jad?
    youngguy7 likes this.
    03-18-13 08:25 AM
    Does it matter, if they are .mp3 or .jad?
    I don't think .jad will work? Does the Z10 recognise and play .jad as media?

My media types for my ringtones and alert tones consist of .mp3, .m4a, .amr and .aac these all work on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Smartie020 likes this.
    03-18-13 08:51 AM
    What if you already have the tones in the music folder? Can you multi select them and put them in the ringtones folder?? Or do you have to go through your pc and retransfer them? By which they would still exist in your music folder and would have to delete them from there, am i right in assuming this??
    03-27-13 03:24 PM
    You can do it right from your phone.

Open File Manager.
    Touch and hold your finger over the ring tone (s) you want to move. Select "Move" from the list of options on the right. Navigate to the Voice folder. Click "Move" at the top of the screen. Done!

Posted via CB10
    omega supreme likes this.
    03-27-13 03:40 PM
    After you move your ringtone into the Voice folder, you'll not be able to assign it to individual contact.

Seems like no way to select a specific folder for individual contact alert tone.
    04-04-13 11:58 PM
    I've moved mine to main memory voice/ringtones. Is there a way to include them with the system's default ringtones so you don't have to browse?
    04-05-13 08:00 AM