Hello guys, hope everyone is doing great. So, I just ordered a Z10 for T-mobile and I started to hear that the company is now going private/ partnering with other company and all these things.. So I wanted to ask you guys, what do you think.. Is Blackberry a safe bet? Is it going to stick in the smartphone arena for long? Or should I cancel my order and shift to a different platform? Thanks for your thoughts..
    earlym and m1kr0 like this.
    08-12-13 07:20 PM
    I really like my Z10. If you decided it is right for you, then stick with the order. You will be happy with your choice. Who knows what will happen over the next year or two for Blackberry, but by then, it will probably be time for a new phone anyway.
    08-12-13 07:24 PM
    Nah. Wait a bit. It is not over until that obese lady starts yodeling.
    08-12-13 07:26 PM
    OMG cancel your order now! The Z10 won't work when you get it! The horror!!! /sarcasm

But seriously, can you answer these questions?How long do you foresee keeping your device? What are your upgrade habits? Are you dealing with a two-year contract?

In my honest opinion if you're the type to keep your device for the length of your contract, I'd say look elsewhere.

However, I know some people will buy what they like and what works today as opposed to speculating what will happen down the line. Are you one of these individuals? If so, go with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:26 PM
    They are considering these options of going private and partnership to push BB10 further, it was clear in their paper and it is a logical choice considering they couldn't get enough results with the current situation. You can be sure they will continue to support and improve BB10. No worries about that.

Posted via CB10
    robkd and vaioman like this.
    08-12-13 07:27 PM
    No! You should not be worried. The best system will continue to get better.The only reason that it will go private is to make money for the investors taking it private. The only thing different is that the little investor will be squeezed out. For the major investors, if they purchase the company it will be business as usual without all the public scrutiny.
    08-12-13 07:29 PM
    If BlackBerry does go private, in to a partnership or gets sold completely, it won't make a difference on the experience you will have on your Z10. Even if one of those things happen, it won't be done overnight either. Welcome to team BlackBerry and enjoy your Z10. I love mine.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    jchavealot likes this.
    08-12-13 07:30 PM
    OMG cancel your order now! The Z10 won't work when you get it! The horror!!! /sarcasm

But seriously, can you answer these questions?How long do you foresee keeping your device? What are your upgrade habits? Are you dealing with a two-year contract?

In my honest opinion if you're the type to keep your device for the length of your contract, I'd say look elsewhere.

However, I know some people will buy what they like and what works today as opposed to speculating what will happen down the line. Are you one of these individuals? If so, go with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I plan to keep it for more than 2 years.. I don't upgrade that often I mean I have a Nokia N8 and only reason I am changing it is because it's getting slower at certain functions.. I like the Z10 and have been watching demos to learn the OS.. I was just wondering if this blackberry situation is similar to the WebOS situation.. For what you guys tell me it is not, that gives me enough confidence to go through with the order...
    m1kr0 and PALeafs67 like this.
    08-12-13 07:42 PM
    Yeah.. I'd be worried.. worried you gonna have to much fun with it
    Undbiter65 and ErinnM like this.
    08-12-13 07:43 PM
    BlackBerry ought to release a statement or something to put an end to this kind of thinking.

Not saying the OP is stupid or anything, it's just that a lot of people might think that if BlackBerry went private, everything would change for us consumers. Our phones won't shut off just because a few rich people or a company decide to buy the company. Things would probably keep running as they are, the only big difference is that there wouldn't be shareholders/ Wall Street to answer to.

I'd almost prefer them to be taken private, to be honest. Everything was pretty positive about BB10 until this last quarterly earnings call, when the stock tanked because Wall Street overestimated BB10 sales estimates. BlackBerry would be able to continue to grow BlackBerry10 without having to deliver less than overwhelmingly positive news to investors every few months.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-12-13 07:45 PM
    Not worried, not panicking and not leaving. Having a good device and enjoying it daily.

CB10 - Q10
    moody likes this.
    08-12-13 07:50 PM
    BlackBerry ought to release a statement or something to put an end to this kind of thinking.

Not saying the OP is stupid or anything, it's just that a lot of people might think that if BlackBerry went private, everything would change for us consumers. Our phones won't shut off just because a few rich people or a company decide to buy the company. Things would probably keep running as they are, the only big difference is that there wouldn't be shareholders/ Wall Street to answer to.

I'd almost prefer them to be taken private, to be honest. Everything was pretty positive about BB10 until this last quarterly earnings call, when the stock tanked because Wall Street overestimated BB10 sales estimates. BlackBerry would be able to continue to grow BlackBerry10 without having to deliver less than overwhelmingly positive news to investors every few months.
    i agree with you they should.. I am just worried because i am coming from a "dead OS" and since analysts have been saying that they will halt development i just wanted to ask to more knowledgeable users. In the blackberry area.. I mean it is the only platform that i haven't used.. I have had iOS (boring), Android (Messy + unstable in the before 4.x era), Windows Phone (Great but T-mo didn't offer me a free Lumia 925 :P), Symbian (Rocking that N8 right now). So I just wanted the community to share their thoughts..
    08-12-13 07:53 PM
    Yes you Should be worried, if they dont deliver the box to your door on time. Otherwise nothin to worry about. it's just a smartphone and it's a good one too.
    08-12-13 07:54 PM
    don't think that it would mean all BB devices would self destruct...
    can't see what the "worry" is all about
    sergey_IL and Amy wineBerry like this.
    08-12-13 07:54 PM
    i agree with you they should.. I am just worried because i am coming from a "dead OS" and since analysts have been saying that they will halt development i just wanted to ask to more knowledgeable users. In the blackberry area.. I mean it is the only platform that i haven't used.. I have had iOS (boring), Android (Messy + unstable in the before 4.x era), Windows Phone (Great but T-mo didn't offer me a free Lumia 925 :P), Symbian (Rocking that N8 right now). So I just wanted the community to share their thoughts..
    If the OS dies out, make your way to a new one. What is your real concern? Don't want to be known as someone rocking an "obsolete" platform?

The proverbial nail in the coffin is still a ways off. If and when it does happen, I'm sure you'll be ready to move on to another platform.

Posted via CB10
    tr1ad likes this.
    08-12-13 07:57 PM
    Going private doesn't mean that they are going out of business. It actually means that they are going to try to survive as a company without having to worry about media bias or day to day stock price.

Look at Twitter, nobody has any idea how much money they make. They could even be losing money, but the company chooses what information it leaks to the public. Ex: User engagement has gone up 20%. This allows the company to operate outside of the spotlight so that it can re-enter the markets when it is in a stronger position.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:08 PM
    This is a great phone and getting better. You will be happy with it. I just wish more(a lot more)people would give it a go.

American and proud to support blackberry.
    moody and jaydee5799 like this.
    08-12-13 08:08 PM
    If the OS dies out, make your way to a new one. What is your real concern? Don't want to be known as someone rocking an "obsolete" platform?

The proverbial nail in the coffin is still a ways off. If and when it does happen, I'm sure you'll be ready to move on to another platform.

Posted via CB10
    I don't really care what other people think.. I came back to my N8 after owning a Lumia 900 (at the time the best WP) when everyone asked m "why"? I just said "because I want to".. I am getting the Z10 and most people ask me why don't you get a Galaxy.. I could but a "free" phone and new OS always attract me more than anything else.. I hope I enjoy it
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    08-12-13 08:17 PM
    NO...absolutely not!

You should certainly stay with BB as this is what brought you to the decision to order one in the first place. I don't believe anyone here or the information here in this forum has misled you in any way. Yes, RIM/BB was asleep at the wheel for a minute and missed "role call", however, there is a lot of greatness factored into the phone, the OS and the applications. Remember this is a game of competition and it's always good for the consumer. It's also a game of leapfrog or "oneupsmanship". Today Apple's on top, tomorrow it's Samsung, the day after, it's Blackberry.

No need to worry here, your investment is good for at least two years to come.

Go BB!
    08-12-13 09:04 PM
    You won't be receiving any software updates any time in the near future or possibly long-term either.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    08-12-13 09:23 PM
    Heck no. If you want to experience a new OS, then you'll love this phone. Don't worry!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    08-12-13 09:38 PM
    I agree with the consensus here. You ordered the phone in the first place because you WANTED to. You said it yourself...you've been attracted to the OS and have studied up on video tutorials (and hopefully some of the newer reviews).

Regardless of the state of going private or partnering, it's a solid phone. I went from the slider 9800 and 9810 believing I would only try to stick with another slider phone, having weathered the 9550 and utterly abhorring the iPhone and Android keyboards. I even switched from a Q10 to the Z10 because I had so much faith in the keyboard (and I'm a fan of screen real estate utilization...not necessarily size).

So as the others have said, absolutely not. No worries, only eagerness for 10.2 to become official soon, and on to bigger and better BB10!

Posted via CB10
    asiayeah likes this.
    08-12-13 09:52 PM
    We using a fair number of Z10 phones. They have been working very well. The Z10 has the best virtual keyboard in the industry from what I have been reading. It is the best one I have tried so far for typing on a phone. I used to use a 9900 with the mechanical keyboard. I now find I am faster on the Z10. I no longer get sore thumbs from the key pressure!

I was a bit concerned about the future of Blackberry for support and etc., but I was told to not worry. They are going to probably go private. Maybe they will do better because they won't be losing large amounts of money from short sellers and large investors buying in and out to hedge on their share prices. In the meantime Blackberry has some large contracts where very secure phones are required. I read they have over 70 million users globally. They have a very dedicated following.

The Blackberry phone is a terrific secure and serious business phone. It is not a toy like most of the others out there.
    08-12-13 09:54 PM
    [QUOTE=SK122387;8997727]

Not saying the OP is stupid or anything/QUOTE]

Lmao! Couldn't stop laughing at that.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-12-13 10:11 PM
    You won't be receiving any software updates any time in the near future or possibly long-term either.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    No one can really make a call as to that quite yet...

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    08-12-13 10:14 PM
60 123