Hi everyone.

I just ordered my first BB10 phone, the Z10.
    Coming from a 9900 with OS7, Im in need for some tips regarding apps, OS updates and accessories.

Whats the first things I should check out?

Is there any torrent apps for BB10? Does Blackberry Bridge remote over Bluetooth still exist?
    Ive been looking at the Gold battery and the Transform OEM case. Any experience with these?

I know the official OS 10.2 is coming soon, so the timing is just perfect.

Please write down your favorite apps, accessories and other things I should be aware of
    Thank you very much in advance.

Have a nice one.
    Looking forward to a new phone!!
    01-21-14 01:15 PM
    Hi everyone.

Just ordered Z10. First things to do, What?-56199-doctor-who-9-hello-gif-ydyk.gif

I just ordered my first BB10 phone, the Z10.
    Coming from a 9900 with OS7, Im in need for some tips regarding apps, OS updates and accessories.

Whats the first things I should check out?

BlackBerry World for apps, CB forums for info and Shop CrackBerry for gizmos!

Is there any torrent apps for BB10? Does Blackberry Bridge remote over Bluetooth still exist?

No native torrent apps, but I gather android ports/direct installs (provided you have 10.2.1) work just fine! Bridge is still there! You lose PIM apps but SMS, BBM and the rest of the features are all there! Bridge Internet is kinda irrelevant now. Without BIS, there is no way to mask internet usage so you are better off using WiFI Hotspot.

Ive been looking at the Gold battery and the Transform OEM case. Any experience with these?

Na. No gold batteries work, they are all cheap rip offs. Transformer case should give you some protection and functionality - but don't expect it to save your device from a a death fall.

I know the official OS 10.2 is coming soon, so the timing is just perfect.

Actually 10.2 has been out for a while. 10.2.1 is the one we're waiting.

Please write down your favorite apps, accessories and other things I should be aware of
    Thank you very much in advance.

Have a nice one.
    Looking forward to a new phone!!
    Not gonna write down any apps though, my apps may not be good for you, I suggest you tell us what you want to do, so we can point you to the best apps for that!
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-21-14 at 10:23 PM.
    eldrover likes this.
    01-21-14 01:38 PM
    Congrats are in order for purchasing the Z10! The first thing to do is really get used to it. That only can happen if you really dive in and use it, a lot.

Once you are familiar with your phone, I would encourage you to load the 10.2.1.1925 leak. It is very stable and will give you a lot of features that the official OS does not. Go to the BB10 Leaked OS forum to find the thread. Once you download it onto your computer, unzip it, and then load it on your device (it has an autoloader) , you will be able to download android apps straight to your phone.

If you need assistance, we will be here to help you.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    banana_512 likes this.
    01-21-14 03:01 PM
    install the leak right away
    dont wait
    01-21-14 04:27 PM
    Transformer case won't protect you at all from hard fall.
    You can try the Incipio dual pro case or something similar in terms of thickness.
    I won't recommend you to use otterbox, since it's too bulky and not enough room for you to swiping up to unlock your phone.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    01-21-14 04:42 PM
    I suggest installing leak 10.2.1.1925 before you do anything. Reportedly most stable leak to date as well as a few more features. For ex. Picture unlock, message on screen preview display. You should check out this app called "watcher" and "power tool" they are argumentative the same.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:08 PM
    install the leak right away
    dont wait
    This is horrible advice! You're telling someone who hasn't used a BB10 device to install a beta OS right away. If this person does that and has issues after, he/she has no ability to make comparisons too. They would never have been familiarized with 10.1 or 10.2 and therefore, wouldn't know what was an OS function or legitimate issue.

OP as others have suggested, use the phone as is with an official OS update until you're familiar with BB10 as an OS. Then once you're comfortable, move to 10.2.1.1926 as its a stable beta OS version. I suspect by the time you get used to using BB10, 10.2.1 might become official.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:27 PM
    Smash your old phone. You won't need (or use) it anymore. Enjoy!

Sent from the future on my ? Z10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-21-14 10:30 PM
    This is horrible advice! You're telling someone who hasn't used a BB10 device to install a beta OS right away. If this person does that and has issues after, he/she has no ability to make comparisons too. They would never have been familiarized with 10.1 or 10.2 and therefore, wouldn't know what was an OS function or legitimate issue.

OP as others have suggested, use the phone as is with an official OS update until you're familiar with BB10 as an OS. Then once you're comfortable, move to 10.2.1.1926 as its a stable beta OS version. I suspect by the time you get used to using BB10, 10.2.1 might become official.

Posted via CB10
    Agree.
    Let yourself 'get used' to the feel of the built in BB10 OS or get the official updates from your carrier.
    DO NOT install the leaks OS right away.

Try it when you ready to explore new things, such as installing android apps if you need it.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-21-14 10:45 PM
    You may need IntouchApp Contacts backup to move all your 9900 contacts to you new Z10.

If you already use it on your 9900, just download it to your Z10 and restore it.
    You won't need BlackBerry Link anymore to manage your contacts.
    andre3030 likes this.
    01-21-14 10:57 PM
    I would say leak it but I would say just wait for the update... Matters on what region and network your on though

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:20 PM
    Cancel the order and get a Z30 instead?

The Z10 has neither Miracast or Wifi Direct due to obsolete chipsets. Who knows what else is obsolete about this phone?
    01-22-14 12:51 AM
    It is about a two week learning curve on BB10 and for the device to pick up on your style of writing. Then download that leak! Oh as mentioned above...smash your old device to smithereens!

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 12:52 AM
    First of, Im using apps like: UberSocial, Shortcutme, Spotify, TuneinRadio, BlackBerry Bridge and Viber. So Im looking for some good music streaming apps.

Im not even considering the Z30 because I dont have any use for the large screen or screen sharing function. For me the upgrade to a BB10 phone is more then enough.

I think I will try out the installed OS and give in a few weeks before OS 10.2.1 is officially released.

Thanks a lot for your answers so far!
    Enjoy your day

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-22-14 05:29 AM
    You can try the Incipio dual pro case or something similar in terms of thickness.
    I won't recommend you to use otterbox, since it's too bulky and not enough room for you to swiping up to unlock your phone.
    I have an otterbox and have no issues using the swipe features of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:55 AM
    I have the Transform case and it has saved my phone during the times that I have dropped it. Twice on concrete. The phone is not fully covered so you will get nicks on the sides depending on the drop. You also need to make sure the corners of the case is on your phone properly. I don't use a screen protector and the case has done a good job of protecting my screen. My daughter has the Insipio case and she loves it. Non slippery and removal of the case for a battery swap has been no problems for her.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-22-14 07:08 AM
    I have the Transform case and it has saved my phone during the times that I have dropped it. Twice on concrete. The phone is not fully covered so you will get nicks on the sides depending on the drop. You also need to make sure the corners of the case is on your phone properly. I don't use a screen protector and the case has done a good job of protecting my screen. My daughter has the Insipio case and she loves it. Non slippery and removal of the case for a battery swap has been no problems for her.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    I've dropped mine face down on tarmac like a couple of times... Nicked and also gave it some scuffs.. Nothing too bad

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:10 AM
    Get yourself familiarized with the battery charging cord.

Cheers
    01-22-14 08:00 AM
    First of, Im using apps like: UberSocial, Shortcutme, Spotify, TuneinRadio, BlackBerry Bridge and Viber. So Im looking for some good music streaming apps.
    Bridge is there. For twitter, there is Twitter and Blaq. Viber can be directly installed (apk) once 10.2.1 lands - I'd try to get people on BBM though. TuneIn Radio is there, so is Nobex. I believe there is a ported Spotfy floating around.

You don't need shortcuts with BB10. Multitasking is king here.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:18 AM

Im not even considering the Z30 because I dont have any use for the large screen or screen sharing function. For me the upgrade to a BB10 phone is more then enough.

I think I will try out the installed OS and give in a few weeks before OS 10.2.1 is officially released.

Thanks a lot for your answers so far!
    Enjoy your day

if you run the latest leak you can isntall spotify directly. Familiarize yourself with sideloading apps onto the Z10. It's good to know! Z10 is a fantastic phone. Be patient at first because it needs to learn how you type and you need to learn as well! Add words to your personal dictionary if you like to spell things a certain way. you can just tap on the word and select add to dictionary. The battery life will get better. Adding multiple accounts will draining it at first and of course while it's learning how you type drains it as well.

I like iheartradio, i use it daily on my commute. Netflix works fairly well n the latest leak as well, if you're interested in that.

If you're going to do the latest leak, install Snap or Droid Store. These are linked to the google play store. of course the CB app is a must! it's so buttery smooth.
    01-22-14 10:28 AM
    I have Incipio, Amzer and Otterbox cases. All great, but I don't trust myself out and about when my Z's not in the Otterbox, way to nerve racking. Amzer shows off my beauty but Otterbox keeps it pristine and my Z is 9 months old.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:49 AM
    I still have to say that BB is still truly f'ed up that after all this time since the introduction of the BB10 (etc) that people are still having to load leaks and side load aps. When will this crap ever end? such a shame that a great device has been so totally screwed by its own inventor. I know the party line that it is the carriers fault blah blah, What carrier will want to invest R&D dollars to verify a software that will never hit critical mass? BB has to take control of its own destiny on this.
    01-22-14 12:00 PM
    Very nice! I have a question.
    I have a Macbook Air, is it possible to load new OS from BlackBerry Link or do I need Bootcamp or Windows PC?

And sideloading apps, can I do this on my Mac?

What about VPN connection? Is there a feature for this or an app?

01-23-14 02:08 AM
    Never install leak updates! Also you can install android apps which I don't like!
    There are enough apps on BlackBerry World to install! Don't worry! It's great phone and you will love it!
    Good luck

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    01-23-14 05:04 AM
    Never install leak updates! Also you can install android apps which I don't like!
    There are enough apps on BlackBerry World to install! Don't worry! It's great phone and you will love it!
    Good luck

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    Never? No. As bad advice as "install the leak first thing you do".

OP, you need Windows to install leaks, period.

I also forgot to mention you need to Install BlackBerry Link in order for the device to communicate with the computer (but lucky you don't need to use it - I personally keep it disabled) .

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:40 AM
39 12