Having looked at the Discount Emporium site it seems Kosher. Don't forget if you use your credit card you will be protected against fraud. Remember online retailers don't have high street overheads. The only real worry is if the products are counterfeit.BTW their opening hours are between 10:00am and 3:00pm
    I suspect the price of the Z10 will drop once it's released in the US. I would say if the price drops to �370 that is a must buy price.
    Yeh thats what i was thinking that hopefully the price will drop further once the American release is out plus hopefully all these little bugs that people are reporting will be fixed in time for the American release ie OS update.

Funny that their opening times are 10am - 3pm as i rung them at 12 midday today to enquire and the message said they are not open.
    02-08-13 12:31 PM
    Yeh thats what i was thinking that hopefully the price will drop further once the American release is out plus hopefully all these little bugs that people are reporting will be fixed in time for the American release ie OS update.

Funny that their opening times are 10am - 3pm as i rung them at 12 midday today to enquire and the message said they are not open.
    Has someone experiences with the shop? I am considering to buy one.
    02-09-13 02:51 AM
    That's total crap! Are you a lawyer?

A shown price is merely an invitation to do business. They can charge what they like. There is no contact in place until you exchange money!
    Actually it's not crap, it's THE LAW in the UK. I do know. Do you live here or just presume all other countries follow your country's laws?
    02-09-13 07:22 AM
    You do know Belfast is part of the UK right?! Why don't you go to court then and demand the advertised price and we will see how you get on.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 08:14 AM
    From what I understand they have to sell it to you at that price because of false advertising (if they agree to sell it), but it's they who can just refuse to sell it at all. You demand nothing.
    02-09-13 08:25 AM
    That incorrect. A shown price is an invitation to trade. It's an old wives tale that a trader must sell it to you at that price. That's not what the UK law says.

02-09-13 08:28 AM
    02-09-13 08:30 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3277262

Sorted.

Though you'll often find threatening trading standards does get net you the product at the lower price. Shop sales staff are rarely trained in contract law and get skittish. XD
    02-09-13 08:35 AM
    For anyone thats still interested in buying the Z10 sim free but in black, phones 4 u have put the price of the black z10 back down to �479. Just ordered one this morning, glad i didnt pay �550 for the z10 when the prices went up a few weeks back.

Blackberry Z10 SIM Free Deals | Phones 4u
    02-25-13 08:47 AM
    Since when Iphone is the ''benchmark'' ?

Z10 is clearly i high end device with much more horsepower and day to day operation than an iphone at any given time.
    03-15-13 05:05 PM
    I think you mistaken. You don't need to be a barrister to understand the Trade Descriptions Act 1968. If the price of goods are clearly marked, the retailer cannot simply hike the price when it reaches the till. You may be in your rights to argue for a discount, but that's a discount on ADVERTISED price.
    I've always understood that the price displayed is the price you pay.
    Not sure it'd be the Trades Discriptions Act though.
    04-05-13 10:54 AM
61 123