-captura-de-pantalla-2013-02-05-las-00.34.26.jpg

BBR's own pricing policy? Or just distributor adjustment to boost contract deals ?
    Last edited by BBercat; 02-05-13 at 01:25 PM.
    02-04-13 05:45 PM
    Maybe the demand justifies the price increase.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-04-13 05:54 PM
    BBercat, can you let me know how you got to that screen? On my screen, I only see the option to buy the Z10 on a new contract.
    02-04-13 05:56 PM
    That's ridiculous - Greed, absolute greed. Dangerous too - Pricing it above the iPhone, if I was Blackberry I'd be calling P4U's Head Office.

UPDATE: My Company Suppliers prices have also just jumped to �549.99, and that's a corporate supplier, not front facing to consumers.
    02-04-13 05:58 PM
    Carrier's set decide the prices not the vendors.
    02-04-13 06:09 PM
    On Clove it says 549 includes VAT, 479 without.
    02-04-13 06:11 PM
    Carrier's set decide the prices not the vendors.
    Carriers set the prices on a Contract-free phone? Or are you talking about Phones4u setting the price? Do you not think it a little odd that 2 distribution sales have upped their price in the same evening, one which is business only?

Surely Blackberry govern the "Sim-free" price, just like Apple do with CPW for Sim-free etc.
    02-04-13 06:13 PM
    That's a big hike and hopefully because of demand rather than greed.
    02-04-13 06:18 PM
    O2 still selling @ 479.99 @ Pay as you go
    02-04-13 06:26 PM
    That's a big hike and hopefully because of demand rather than greed.
    Surely that's a good thing? Pricing like this on the high street only decreases the hype. Totally ridiculous. Apple can get away with doing something like that, but providers doing it to Blackberry? That seems like a cataclysmic error to me.

Anyone would think they wanted to kill the hype and momentum they've built up.
    02-04-13 06:27 PM
    This price increase strengthens the anecdotal evidence that demand for the Z10 is very strong and that many stores are out of stock. If this is true, then it's an excellent sign for Blackberry.
    02-04-13 06:30 PM
    Surely that's a good thing? Pricing like this on the high street only decreases the hype. Totally ridiculous. Apple can get away with doing something like that, but providers doing it to Blackberry? That seems like a cataclysmic error to me.

Anyone would think they wanted to kill the hype and momentum they've built up.
    Hardly an error, they are presumably getting plenty of on-contract sales and want to dissuade people from buying off-contract where possible and by putting up the price rather than simply displaying sold out, they can claim that the on-contract price is a better deal while still also benefiting if somebody cannot be convinced.
    02-04-13 06:45 PM
    Blackberry really needs/must rewards die-hard BB fans for years of loyalty... Fatal error hope it is not BBRY's standard price
    02-05-13 12:36 AM
    BBercat, can you let me know how you got to that screen? On my screen, I only see the option to buy the Z10 on a new contract.
    since yesterday afternoon.. you'll see it clearlt @ sim free phones section
    02-05-13 12:40 AM
    It seems that Carphone Warehouse have removed the SIM free Z10 from their site too. I bought my SIM free Z10 from them for �479.95. Like others have said I guess the demand must be high.
    02-05-13 03:09 AM
    I can't see this as anything but price gouging and greed. Over $800 for a new release untested phone? This is insane. In Canada it's at least $150 cheaper.
    02-05-13 04:17 AM
    Sounds like the device isn't available sim free anymore or they ran out of stock. I was lucky to snatch mine from an adviser at Phones4U. I'm sure that this only indicates a shortage of devices allocated to be sold as sim free.
    02-05-13 04:20 AM
    Sounds like the device isn't available sim free anymore or they ran out of stock. I was lucky to snatch mine from an adviser at Phones4U. I'm sure that this only indicates a shortage of devices allocated to be sold as sim free.
    It's available. They are just trying to herd people towards the more profitable contracts. Failing that, they'll stick it to you for sim free.
    02-05-13 04:22 AM
    This is pretty good news in terms of demand.. or are they trying to react to the ebay action? I've seen a couple of reports of people buying ten BB10s at a time - surely to resell in the window before available in other markets?
    02-05-13 04:24 AM
    Personally i find this all confusing. Having just spent the last two days looking to purchase an unlocked, sim free Z10... One that I can simply insert my current O2 sim into and it connects to the network.

I have visited this morning, only 40 mins ago, Phones4u, Carphone warehouse and O2 shop. Below are the answers I got.

Phones4u:
    I was told that they do not sell the Z10 without a contract. At no point did they say, just buy it on pay as you go and basically throw away the sim it came with.. otherwise, I would purchased it. This was confirmed by THREE different staff

CPW:
    I was told all Z10's are sold on contract only. They say this is due to low stocks and until more stock is in the network, they can't move away from this. They said the lowest cost contract would be 36 pounds a month.

O2:
    I spoke with the O2 shop and advised we have an O2 business account with a sim card free. So can I buy a z10 and simply stick in my free sim.. Yes, you can was the answer. RESULT.. but he then went on to tell me that I wouldn't be able to set up business email on the handset. I asked why..
    He said he didn't really know but he just read a statement sent from BB to them (he showed me this) which basically said they can't sell this handset as a business handset as business email (it did not specify BIS/BES/Activesync) could not be set up on it. I asked if this was correct, he checked with his manager and the answer was yes..

So I've walked out and not purchased it..
    If its this hard to buy the thing.. I will stick with what we have for now. BB need to sort out this and quickly as it will affect how the new OS / handset is perceived as a business tool
    Last edited by uktivo; 02-05-13 at 05:00 AM.
    02-05-13 04:47 AM
    The answer you got from O2 is the answer I got from T-Mobile. I purchased one anyway. There is no such thing as a BB APN anymore - no BES / BIS etc. Just standard mobile data. But you still connect to BES in the same way as before (on the new BES platform of course). The reason they said that to you is simply because they don't know yet! That's all!

Personally i find this all confusing. Having just spent the last two days looking to purchase an unlocked, sim free Z10... One that I can simply insert my current O2 sim into and it connects to the network.

I have visited this morning, only 40 mins ago, Phones4u, Carphone warehouse and O2 shop. Below are the answers I got.

Phones4u:
    I was told that they do not sell the Z10 without a contract. At no point did they say, just buy it on pay as you go and basically throw away the sim it came with.. otherwise, I would purchased it. This was confirmed by THREE different staff

CPW:
    I was told all Z10's are sold on contract only. They say this is due to low stocks and until more stock is in the network, they can't move away from this. They said the lowest cost contract would be 36 pounds a month.

O2:
    I spoke with the O2 shop and advised we have an O2 business account with a sim card free. So can I buy a z10 and simply stick in my free sim.. Yes, you can was the answer. RESULT.. but he then went on to tell me that I wouldn't be able to set up business email on the handset. I asked why..
    He said he didn't really know but he just read a statement sent from BB to them (he showed me this) which basically said they can't sell this handset as a business handset as business email (it did not specify BIS/BES/Activesync) could not be set up on it. I asked if this was correct, he checked with his manager and the answer was yes..

So I've walked out and not purchased it..
    If its this hard to buy the thing.. I will stick with what we have for now. BB need to sort out this and quickly as it will affect how the new OS / handset is perceived as a business tool
    uktivo likes this.
    02-05-13 05:34 AM
    I think there is training need here - a lot of the staff seem to think that BB10 works the same way as BB07 in regards to data so are confused about what they are actually selling...
    uktivo likes this.
    02-05-13 05:36 AM
    I have O2 business SIM contract (~10 SIMs on one contract) but we dont get Email provided by O2.

If your email is company owned then you can decide if the Z10 will work, not O2. Go buy that phone!
    02-05-13 05:41 AM
    I think there is training need here - a lot of the staff seem to think that BB10 works the same way as BB07 in regards to data so are confused about what they are actually selling...
    I know how they feel! Wtf doesn't Blackberry spell out honestly what's going on??
    02-05-13 05:43 AM
    The answer you got from O2 is the answer I got from T-Mobile. I purchased one anyway. There is no such thing as a BB APN anymore - no BES / BIS etc. Just standard mobile data. But you still connect to BES in the same way as before (on the new BES platform of course). The reason they said that to you is simply because they don't know yet! That's all!
    Thanks for the information
    We use outlook as our desktop email client and exchange 2010 with activesync on the back end.

Will the z10 be able to sync contacts, email, calendar and tasks as my android phone does at present?
    02-05-13 05:43 AM
61 123