Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By panterarck
  • 8 Post By ashykat
  • 2 Post By HartfordWhalers
  • 1 Post By UberBlackBerry
  1. panterarck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    239 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and I may Share
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default just left best buy.....disappointed!!!

    So I just stopped in at the Best Buy where I pre-ordered my Verizon Z10 and figured I would just play with the AT&T one today since its available. To my surprise....no display. No working model to even touch. The girl tries to explain to me what the phone is like and says its like an Android phone. I stop her and tell her to stop wasting her time and that her description was far from what the phone is like. I told her the only thing she got right was that it had no buttons. I guess the only way the z10 will be a success in the US is by word of mouth because the retailers aren't helping the cause. BlackBerry needs to start marketing ASAP!!
    Thanked by:
    assaads (03-24-2013) 
    jfunds and ErinnM like this.
  2. shinerb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Best Buy has never had working demos at my local stores.
  3. ashykat's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    "Like an android phone."

    Those words will haunt my dreams, forever.
    Thanked by:
    sonbuster (03-22-2013) 
  4. beamolite's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    819 Posts
    Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ab5b28f
    #4  

    Default

    Best Buy employees that are knowledgeable are few and far between. I once helped a friend purchase a new laptop and asked the sales associate how to turn on the web cam on one model. He couldn't figure it out and called over another associate. He couldn't figure it out either. They then called a third guy over. I then got frustrated and figured it out for myself as they stood there with their hands in their pockets.
    You can pry my BlackBerry from my cold, dead hands.
  5. jcraig's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    All I ever see at best buy are those static display bricks, I'd never buy a phone sight unseen like that. They need to get full kiosks out there with working phones.
  6. HartfordWhalers's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    The Best Buy employees that live in their mom's basement and attending online colleges are way too busy to know features of products they sell. Please lower your expectations
    Curve Storm 2 BB BOLD 9930 & Z10
    Playbook 16GB
    ErinnM and R Field like this.
  7. QWKSNKE's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    697 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcraig View Post
    All I ever see at best buy are those static display bricks, I'd never buy a phone sight unseen like that. They need to get full kiosks out there with working phones.
    Actual phone stores don't even have that. At least not in my area. They have the same static display as Best Buy
    8830WE > 9650> Z10

    PB 64GB
  8. herculesinwyoming's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    At&t salesman had a z10 on him as his personal device, just ask to see one.
  9. scrannel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,886 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Depends where you live, I think. In So. Cal the Best Buy near me has a good percent of kids who are on it. Also, with a nightmare scenario created by a lame-o Crestron installer (whom I fired while doing a major remodel) I got Geek Squad to come in and completely rewire (were talking in-wall wiring that was done wrong, in some cases converting CAT 6 to audio wires etc, ) and install Sonos. Not Eisenstein work, but still a mess. They cleaned it up in two days.

    And BTW, my experience at T-Mo walk-in stores has always been that they have working phones ready to try.
  10. iToya's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    The Best Buy I went to this morning to pick up my Z10 from had no working displays of any phone. Just those dummy bricks.

    I will say the associate who activated my phone he knew how to navigate it, so they at least had some training on the devices.

    I was disappointed to see no signs for the new BlackBerry though. There was about five of us at the store to pick up so I can't be that mad.

    Posted via CB10
    Z30 Owner...it's about time
    Twitter: @ToyaKnowsBest
    Instagram: @ToyaKnowsBest
    BBM Channel: C000CE90E

  11. Gambit11B's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panterarck View Post
    So I just stopped in at the Best Buy where I pre-ordered my Verizon Z10 and figured I would just play with the AT&T one today since its available. To my surprise....no display. No working model to even touch. The girl tries to explain to me what the phone is like and says its like an Android phone. I stop her and tell her to stop wasting her time and that her description was far from what the phone is like. I told her the only thing she got right was that it had no buttons. I guess the only way the z10 will be a success in the US is by word of mouth because the retailers aren't helping the cause. BlackBerry needs to start marketing ASAP!!
    Well, you should know by now that sales associates for cellphones are almost always morons. If you walk into any store and ask for any device OTHER than an iPhone or Android, the sales associate always tries to get your attention back to one of those devices. This should not shock you at all.

    BTW: Technically, it IS "like" an Android phone. It's also "like" an iPhone. Her statement is not 100% incorrect, whether she sounded like an idi0t or not.
    Then I heard a voice of the Lord saying,"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said,"Here am I. Send me!"--Isaiah 6:8
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"
  12. UberBlackBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Should have gone To Costco if you have one all had working displays and even a sales contest for top sales love it. On mine ever got free new sim, case and gift card!

    Posted on my DARTHVADER Z-10
    Alphax45 likes this.
  13. Gray's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    376 Posts
    PIN
    333BF0BA
    #13  

    Default

    The Best Buy close to me had the same issue. No actual demo units for any phone. I also went to my local Verizon store to see if they had a demo unit. Unfortunately there were no Blackberry phones on display. Not a hint they sold Blackberries other than a sticker on the door for the Z10.

    I think word of mouth and media is the best way to get the word out about the Z10. Hoping next week goes by very fast!
  14. ChristopherSharp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Just left an AT&T store in Dallas...had a working demo unit, but to my surprise there was a BlackBerry Keep Moving van out front. They weren't set up yet but it seemed pretty cool. While using the demo device there were three customers waiting to purchase. Hopefully these marketing efforts continue.
  15. RichardZA's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    PIN
    23C00A80
    #15  

    Default

    It's always better having hands-on experience with the real device than a dummy device that is useless. I always visit my 1 local SP, they only have demo displays that way a potential customer can have a feel, touch, play, navigate, use the camera, check the features etc. Here in my country the BlackBerry Z10 is being marketed all over the show on websites I visit, service providers giving them away on competitions, etc. Plenty of billboards.
    I am from South Africa an awesome guy who loves spending time behind his BlackBerry visiting CrackBerry on a regular base to see the latest news on BlackBerry related stuff.
  16. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,508 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,097 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit11B View Post
    Well, you should know by now that sales associates for cellphones are almost always morons. If you walk into any store and ask for any device OTHER than an iPhone or Android, the sales associate always tries to get your attention back to one of those devices. This should not shock you at all.

    BTW: Technically, it IS "like" an Android phone. It's also "like" an iPhone. Her statement is not 100% incorrect, whether she sounded like an idi0t or not.
    Not all sales people are like that. Not by a long shot. Some of us actual *gasp* try to sell the right phone for the persons needs regardless of make or model.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  17. CJH_'s Avatar
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

    Posts
    14,920 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,970 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    "Like an android phone."

    Those words will haunt my dreams, forever.
    More like a nightmare. *hides head in hands*

    Posted via CB10
    Posted from my awesome QNX powered Q10 or my penguin powered laptop

    My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
  18. jdhooghe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HartfordWhalers View Post
    The Best Buy employees that live in their mom's basement and attending online colleges are way too busy to know features of products they sell. Please lower your expectations
    Actually my fiance who works at Best Buy and is getting her Masters. Many of the people are undergraduates or have undergraduate degrees. You may think what you said is funny but it is not and I find it highly disrespectful. Have you ever worked in retail? Have you ever been screamed at by a person just because the store didn't have cd cases? No, you probably haven't. Check your mouth.
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

    If I don't respond to you, it probably means that I am tired of the thread. Please PM me if you need to ask me something, vent, whine, respond to a post, ect.
  19. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HartfordWhalers View Post
    The Best Buy employees that live in their mom's basement and attending online colleges are way too busy to know features of products they sell. Please lower your expectations
    You come across as an arrogant, over-privileged child in need of a kick to the gutter of society. Gee, you spew such vile. Best Buy staff are on the same level as most government employees; interpret the comment anyway you choose Smilin' Jack.
  20. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,508 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,097 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    Actually my fiance who works at Best Buy and is getting her Masters. Many of the people are undergraduates or have undergraduate degrees. You may think what you said is funny but it is not and I find it highly disrespectful. Have you ever worked in retail? Have you ever been screamed at by a person just because the store didn't have cd cases? No, you probably haven't. Check your mouth.
    I got called a 'f**king useless b*tch" the other day for being medically unable to lift down a TV for a customer. A customer that I had just said I would go get my coworker to lift it down for because I can't lift anything due to cracked ribs.

    Yeah. We totally deserve the abuse heaped on us, working in a store. The attitudes are soooooo funny.

    New phone launch means it's gonna be a loooooong weekend on the forums. *duck and cover*
    Thanked by:
    fairfaxnut (03-22-2013) 
  21. ErinnM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,610 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    "Like an android phone."

    Those words will haunt my dreams, forever.
    Do you need a therapist to help you overcome those words?
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
  22. ErinnM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,610 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beamolite View Post
    Best Buy employees that are knowledgeable are few and far between. I once helped a friend purchase a new laptop and asked the sales associate how to turn on the web cam on one model. He couldn't figure it out and called over another associate. He couldn't figure it out either. They then called a third guy over. I then got frustrated and figured it out for myself as they stood there with their hands in their pockets.
    LMAO! That's hilarious. My brother used to work at Best Buy, but he is a "computer nerd" as I put it so he was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. That's rare though.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
  23. LordCrankypants's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    764 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    In my experience a lot of people selling these phones don't really know much beyond the phone they personally own. If it's an iphone, they push that. If it's an Android, they push that.

    As for the lack of demo units, Best Buys and Future Shops here in Canada have demos of the Z10, usually a working demo of the black Z10 and a dummy version of the white right beside it. I'm actually surprised to hear there are none in the US. Perhaps that will come with time.

    JB
    If I've helped you or given you a healthy dose of reality, click the Like or Thanks button

Similar Threads

  1. Best Buy disappointment
    By Ericy321 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 12:03 PM
  2. Best Buy just called to confirm my Tour is in...
    By French in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 06:19 AM
  3. Did I just pay too much at Best Buy?
    By JGR81 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 07:50 PM
  4. New Yorkers...go To Best Buy On 86th...3 Left!!
    By ccrx in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 09:45 PM
  5. Sweet...I just got my $10 Best Buy card!
    By VTshorty78 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions