I bought a Z30 this year for the first time. Absolutely loved it. Best BlackBerry phone I've owned besides the Passport Silver Edition. Sadly it broke because I messed up the sim card tray. Still thinking about taking it to a shop for them to fix it, if they can.

So I decided to give the Z10 a try because it was fairly cheap. I just got it and to be honest, not liking it. Its alright but the Z30 is top notch. Its sad Blackberry didn't capitalize on the Z30 successor (Z50?)

Anyway, still gonna see how this Z10 works out. Does anyone still use a Z10? (Mind you I have many BlackBerry phones, Z10 is mostly used as my work phone)
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-12-16 02:31 AM
    Get a couple of extra batteries, you will need them

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    howarmat likes this.
    11-12-16 02:35 AM
    Yes, I use it 3 years already. Great phone! I'm just mad at BlackBerry for discontinuing BB10. Even don't know where to switch now, since I hate iOS and Android.
    11-12-16 03:54 AM
    Dropped mine for a Leap at the beginning of the year, the larger screen and daylong battery life make a huge difference. The negatives are no gyroscope (for Star Tracker ) and the GPS is not as good as on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 08:15 AM
    Biggest problem with the Z10 is the under powered battery.

Fortunately it is removable.
    Always carried around spares for heavy usage days.

Recently replaced with Classic.
    11-12-16 08:17 AM
    The speakers are also weak.

9900-Q10-Z10-Z30-PPSE
    11-12-16 01:05 PM
    I bought a Z30 this year for the first time. Absolutely loved it. Best BlackBerry phone I've owned besides the Passport Silver Edition. Sadly it broke because I messed up the sim card tray. Still thinking about taking it to a shop for them to fix it, if they can.

So I decided to give the Z10 a try because it was fairly cheap. I just got it and to be honest, not liking it. Its alright but the Z30 is top notch. Its sad Blackberry didn't capitalize on the Z30 successor (Z50?)

Anyway, still gonna see how this Z10 works out. Does anyone still use a Z10? (Mind you I have many BlackBerry phones, Z10 is mostly used as my work phone)
    Get a power bank. The battery is its weak link

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 07:06 PM
    Its great phone indeed. But If u require a better screen and battery. Then u shouldn't go for z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 12:15 AM
    It's weird how the Z30 and Z10 have such similar internals but the Z10 lags so much in comparison.

They must have done some serious tweaks.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 12:18 AM
    Your Z30's sim card slot can definitely be fixed; you should check into that. The part is incredibly cheap, dunno what the labor entails though.

Richard
    11-13-16 09:51 AM
    Your Z30's sim card slot can definitely be fixed; you should check into that. The part is incredibly cheap, dunno what the labor entails though.

Richard
    by any chance does anyone know what part this guy is talking about? and where can I purchase?
    11-13-16 05:18 PM
    by any chance does anyone know what part this guy is talking about? and where can I purchase?
    You can easily find it online , but you need to have experience soldering.
    Otherwise check for smartphone repair shops - this type of repair should be about $50.
    11-13-16 05:39 PM
    This is a good place to check for parts :

http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...r-contact.html
    11-13-16 05:47 PM
    Its great phone indeed. But If u require a better screen and battery. Then u shouldn't go for z10.

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 screen is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 06:25 PM

Are you positive it's the SIM card tray that broke? I sold a few Z30s and found out that some of them won't take the newest SIM cards... you know, those that double as Nano and Micro SIM. They are a little bit thinner than the original Micro SIMs, so the pins in the SIM reader won't make proper contact with the card.
    11-13-16 09:46 PM
    Are you positive it's the SIM card tray that broke? I sold a few Z30s and found out that some of them won't take the newest SIM cards... you know, those that double as Nano and Micro SIM. They are a little bit thinner than the original Micro SIMs, so the pins in the SIM reader won't make proper contact with the card.
    I'm positive. My SIM card worked perfectly until I put the adapter in without the sim and had to pry it out and ruined it. I'm going to take it to a cell phone repair shop
    11-28-16 01:49 PM
    I use a z10 every day as my daily driver for over 3 years now. Great durable phone.

The battery isn't as good as the z30, but it's compact size makes for a great mobile device.

As far as the sim tray goes, the reason that my Passport and Priv have yet to see a sim, is that I rotate the Q5 and z30 for my second sim and am worried that if a get a nano sim for the Priv/passport, that it will get caught in the micro Q5/z30 micro sim plate, even with an adaptor. I don't know why the industry has to keep changing the sizes.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 06:44 PM

just re-activated my Z10. I was on android for a year and also had 9900 z30 and a classic. I missed BBerry.
    11-29-16 06:59 PM
    I use my STL1 Z10 every day
    I'm in Australia so I can only get 3G with this version but doesn't bother me one bit saves battery being on 3G anyway. Love this phone perfect size and runs awesome for such a now old phone. It runs better than some of the newer low end Android phones. One thing BlackBerry did get right was the optimization for BlackBerry 10 and these phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 08:28 AM
    The Z10 screen is excellent.

Posted via CB10
    +1
    I agree

Posted via CB10 || BlackBerry Z10
    12-04-16 12:27 PM
    Yes, I use it 3 years already. Great phone! I'm just mad at BlackBerry for discontinuing BB10. Even don't know where to switch now, since I hate iOS and Android.
    I fully agree mate...M also in same situation like you are in...

Eveready Z10
    12-09-16 03:19 AM
    Send it back to BlackBerry. They will fix it for you. They did my Z30.
    12-10-16 03:30 PM
    Send it back to BlackBerry. They will fix it for you. They did my Z30.
    How much did that cost you? BlackBerry 10 devices are quite cheap.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 07:20 PM
    How much did that cost you? BlackBerry 10 devices are quite cheap.

Posted via CB10
    It did not cost me anything. They repaired it for free. I was quite pleased!

Via the Cobalt Classic
    12-10-16 07:26 PM