Hi I'm an apple user ( old blackberry fan ) and just got a z10 and I'm a little excited with it
    Installing the update and will test it for a few days to see if blackberry fits me again.
    Just got my Z10! (iPhone 5S user)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1396260459.687960.jpg
    chgaida, Jahtruth and nick13b like this.
    03-31-14 05:07 AM
    Congrats on your new Z10... and welcome back!
    fabio984 likes this.
    03-31-14 05:10 AM
    Hope you will continue and always love bb..

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 06:48 AM
    You'll love it. But you will always keep the iPhone as a secondary phone. I have my 5S on standby and ever since my business trip which required me to use the Z30, i am kind of hooked on it. Reminds me of the good old 2008-2013 days when I rocked blackberry bolds.

Posted via CB10 on my rocking Z30.
    03-31-14 07:02 AM
    Welcome back, Its a great phone! Enjoy.
    03-31-14 07:07 AM
    Make sure you disassociate your phone number with iMessage. If you don't, you'll have issues with text messaging as Apple will intercept your texts and not deliver them to your Z10.
    djdragon and fabio984 like this.
    03-31-14 07:09 AM
    Take the time to learn the phone. It's going to take a few days just for that. Just the other day i was talking to a woman who wasn't very happy with a few things with her Z10, that she has had for 6 months. All i had to do was show her how to use the phone and now shes happy. CrackBerry.. BlackBerry.. YouTube.. all great places to learn as much as you can. Your Z10 is awesome... but you'll never know it until you learn how to use it.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    03-31-14 07:11 AM
    Remember to deactivate your iMessage account or you won't get your texts from iPhone users.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:26 AM
    Agree with the previous post, as an iPhone user, you are the most likely to be disappointed because you might expect it to work the same way that an iPhone does. It certainly does not.

I gave my niece a new z10 for Christmas (she was a itouch owner). I told her she really should go through the tutorials in order to get familiar with the phone. Now she tries to swipe up on her itouch.

Also, make sure to load either Snap (the best) or Amazon marketplace so that you can load your required Android apps. BlackBerry World is getting better and better but of course, everyone has a few apps that probably are not there.

The best apps are Built for BlackBerry apps. The UX is much better and if done well, they take advantage of all of the BlackBerry goodness like sharing, and swiping, etc. Check out igrann, as example.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leejayh; 04-01-14 at 09:03 PM.
    newfie1974 likes this.
    03-31-14 07:27 AM
    Im having a problem, i cant use DDPB ( I used a few time ago with playbook ).
    help: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...deload-919643/
    03-31-14 09:53 AM
    Im having a problem, i cant use DDPB ( I used a few time ago with playbook ).
    help: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...deload-919643/
    There's also using Chrome with the Playbook App Manager add-in. Works well. also check out Sachesi (discussed in the OS Leak subforum).

And, I think some came up with a took to more easily load Snap using some kind of script or bat type loader.
    03-31-14 10:14 AM
    You can install apk files directly from your phone if you have 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 10:58 AM
    I solved the problem. I installed snap and I can't believe how many apps I've seen I thought I won't see them in blackberry I'm surprised. You think I should install anything else, or there's everything on snap?
    03-31-14 05:48 PM
    Hi I'm an apple user ( old blackberry fan ) and just got a z10 and I'm a little excited with it
    Installing the update and will test it for a few days to see if blackberry fits me again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396260459.687960.jpg 
Views:	1968 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	259728
    Congrats and welcome to an elite experience (yes that's my opinion) .

First 2 weeks are a big learning curve and you might feel as though you made a mistake, but stick with it and come to CB for any issues or advice.

If you can get past that, you'll love BB10 experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 05:52 PM
    Take the time to learn the phone. It's going to take a few days just for that. Just the other day i was talking to a woman who wasn't very happy with a few things with her Z10, that she has had for 6 months. All i had to do was show her how to use the phone and now shes happy. CrackBerry.. BlackBerry.. YouTube.. all great places to learn as much as you can. Your Z10 is awesome... but you'll never know it until you learn how to use it.
    +1 Welcome back

My ZED 10
    03-31-14 06:07 PM
    Make sure you disassociate your phone number with iMessage. If you don't, you'll have issues with text messaging as Apple will intercept your texts and not deliver them to your Z10.
    'how can this be done im trying to help some one with this problem
    brotherjus likes this.
    03-31-14 06:13 PM
    Yaaaaay congrats!
    03-31-14 06:29 PM
    RE: How to disassociate i-messenge from phone number.

There are several links on google about how to do it. I have never done it myself so here is the link to the google search:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...a&channel=fflb

Best of luck.
    03-31-14 06:38 PM
    I solved the problem. I installed snap and I can't believe how many apps I've seen I thought I won't see them in blackberry I'm surprised. You think I should install anything else, or there's everything on snap?
    Most of the apps from Snap work well, but there are still some won't work... just so you don't set your expectations too high.

Any apps require Google Services are for sure no go. Google maps works partially, you can't login with your Google ID.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    fabio984 likes this.
    03-31-14 06:40 PM
    we just did this now if you go thru itunes you can see you previous backups and the serial number of the phone jot it down and call or go thru the chat to disable this annoying feature
    03-31-14 06:45 PM
    FYI, If you need it there is information on how to load Snap, Amazon App Store and 1Mobile Market on youtube.com. Just google it.
    03-31-14 07:43 PM
    You should always look for the app you need on BBW first.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    fabio984 likes this.
    03-31-14 07:53 PM
    I'm very confused. I will NOT ask opinion, it's stupid ask opinion here, of course everyone will say " stay with blackberry " and at imore will say to stay with iPhone.
    I'm surprised with the z10, yes, the keyboard is unbelievable, can't be true. And the hub rocks. Whatever I'm doing I can swipe to hub and see everything. And The led... I miss the led notifications on apple.
    The thing is, I'm not coming from an old iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4. I'm using the 5s ... It's a Ferrari. Faster, amazingly fast.
    The blackberry native browser sometimes fails a little. And some ( android ) apps are slower and crash sometimes.
    I don't know what to do. I want half each. :x
    04-02-14 06:39 PM
    Oh the joys of the smartphone world. There isn't any right answer here. It all boils down to what works best for the majority of what you need it for. The iPhone will be better at some things, BB10 at others, and Android at others as well. The great thing is, is that you have a choice, and luckily have both phones to play with from day to day.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    04-02-14 06:44 PM
    Experiment with every open screen. Swipe down, pull right, double tap, slide finger through a side menu. And holy frig, use the search function. Don't look for things, hit search and type, and it's there. Its like a "Google "
    Long press a letter, swipe left across the keyboard to delete, and the more fingers swipe you make, the more words are deleted at once. Two finger swipe up to launch the keyboard for web surfing shortcuts. Set your own keywords launch.
    Play with every screen to find the golden easter eggs you didn't know were there.
    Thalestr likes this.
    04-02-14 08:54 PM
31 12