In no way I would downplay the importance of this for the people that experience it. I would be going crazy on this one. What I am trying to say though is, there is a constructive and a destructive way to go about things. There is the "f'u" everyone!" attitude and then there is your attitude: Either press the providers and hope for a fix (demand it would be my posture), or get rid of the phone. That is a LOGICAL and PRACTICAL attitude.

This is the only thing was trying to point out. BB announces its stuff through their official channels. CB is not an official BB channel. Corporate announcements do not get posted on CB by BB. They are re-posted, re-distributed or however you want to put it, but this is not the official channel. What I really cannot stand is people that will not bother to go to the official channels of BB first, instead they come here, not really read on posts that actually have important info, then they spill hell out on everyone and "****" all over the place to get it out of their system. And you know why I do not like them?

Not only because they are highly unappealing in their attitude (this is a secondary and not too important an issue for me as it is for them). The real reason I dislike this attitude for, is that it is counter productive. This attitude only helps to get people vamped up and does NOTHING to find a solution. It is screaming and paddling without any contribution, other than to make people that are constructively facing this trying to resolve it, to also loose their calm. Getting berserker on a forum will not have any result. Getting organised and constructive might!

Sorry, may not be the place and time but I think perspective is as important as the matter at hand sometimes, for our life quality that is.

As an example look at posts #58 to #61 between qbnkelt and Sooman54. THIS is constructive.
    If my attitude seemed destructive it wasn't meant to be. I was simply saying that I don't think it's realistic for BB to come here and make a statement in regards to the reboot issue. This is a fan site and its not affiliated with Blackberry.

My point to what I said was that we can either hope that blackberry fixes it or just return the phone and move on. I've done my share of complaining here but I've chosen to wait it out because I like a lot of he things the Z10 does and I want to keep it. If say 6 months from now the reboot issue is continuing then I would definitely dump it because that is more than enough time to get this problem ironed out.

But on that note I don't begrudge people for coming in here with the "f u" type attitude either. A lot of people waited a long time for this phone. It was delayed several time because blackberry said they wanted to make sure all the kinks were worked out before the release of it. It understandable to think that people would be upset if their phones are rebooting for no reason when they have waited this long for what was supposed to be THE phone of 2013. And remember, Crackberry isn't here just to massage Blackberry and how wonderful they are. It's for people to express frustrations,dislikes, and whatever else comes to their mind concerning Blackberry. It's just as tiresome seeing the "This phone is perfect," and "I want to thank Blackberry for creating the perfect phone threads." Because the Z10 is not perfect, has bugs, and needs some of these things fixed. Constantly saying the "tools not toys" garbage isn't an answer either and only fuels people's fires. But I do understand what you are saying and think that's you have valid points.
    05-19-13 12:51 PM
    Nope, all my chargers are downstairs and I go up with my phone fully charged. The reboots happen when the phone is on the bed next to me.
    ......... I have a new 'phone reboots when overly excited' theory.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    05-19-13 01:01 PM
    I understand this is a new OS and such but I wish that BlackBerry would just come out and admit there is a real issue here instead of some BS verb saying that they are aware of this issue?
    I don't understand what you mean here. You want them to admit there is an issue instead of saying they're aware of this issue? Isn't that the same thing?

BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

Based on the many comments I've read, I'm starting to think that this is a software issue with the radio stack code. Note: My Rogers Z10 never reboots. I've rarely read that a Rogers Z10 has rebooted.

If someone who has an AT&T device comes to Canada and roams on the Rogers network, I would love to know if your device stops rebooting.
    05-19-13 03:46 PM
    I'm on Fido (Rogers subsidiary and Rogers network) and my phone has rebooted several times.
    05-19-13 04:05 PM
    Koodo, Nova Scotia
    What apps do you have loaded on the phone? It sounds like a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:13 PM
    Auto battery pulls awesome

Posted via CB10
    It's another example of how BB10 is more efficient.
    05-19-13 04:55 PM
    Nope, all my chargers are downstairs and I go up with my phone fully charged. The reboots happen when the phone is on the bed next to me. .
    I think I see the problem. It's too hot in your bed.
    05-20-13 03:22 AM
    Question for those with reboots... Of course it is obvious when you see the phone reboot, but how do you monitor for other times such as on the charger overnight? Are your active windows closed by the reboot, or do you check the About>Hardware for the Boot Time?

I didn't think my Z had rebooted since I activated it 5 days ago, but just checked my Boot Time and it says it booted this morning which I was unaware of. I'm now checking it frequently and will write down the times. Is there more I could check to stay on top of any issue with my phone?

Carrier: VZW, stock OS, only 2 apps downloaded (CB, BeWeather), no SD card

Thanks!
    05-20-13 01:27 PM
    Regrettably I had exactly the same experience today. VZW is replacing my Z10 with an iPhone 5. I'm not completely leaving... I have a red Z10 that I'm running off TMob as a second phone (has never rebooted once) so I'll stay in touch :-) love the BlackBerry 10 platform but can't afford to spend my time replacing phones. I'll be back at some point, I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon is letting you exchange it? Is it past your 14 day return policy?
    05-20-13 01:36 PM
    Question for those with reboots... Of course it is obvious when you see the phone reboot, but how do you monitor for other times such as on the charger overnight? Are your active windows closed by the reboot, or do you check the About>Hardware for the Boot Time?

I didn't think my Z had rebooted since I activated it 5 days ago, but just checked my Boot Time and it says it booted this morning which I was unaware of. I'm now checking it frequently and will write down the times. Is there more I could check to stay on top of any issue with my phone?

Carrier: VZW, stock OS, only 2 apps downloaded (CB, BeWeather), no SD card

Thanks!
    This may seem obvious, but just remember that turning the phone on lists as a reboot.

If you already knew that, just ignore me.
    05-20-13 03:17 PM
    Thanks for responding.

I do understand that, but I have not turned the phone off since I got it last Wednesday and went through all the setup process. And, at the boot time of 10:03:54 shown this morning, it was laying on my desk but I was not nearby to see it. I've usually been leaving an active frame open thinking that if it did reboot, it would shut down any open apps and I would be able to tell. Will pay closer attention now! I hope BB figures this out very soon.
    05-20-13 03:58 PM
    If my attitude seemed destructive it wasn't meant to be. I was simply saying that I don't think it's realistic for BB to come here and make a statement in regards to the reboot issue. This is a fan site and its not affiliated with Blackberry.

My point to what I said was that we can either hope that blackberry fixes it or just return the phone and move on. I've done my share of complaining here but I've chosen to wait it out because I like a lot of he things the Z10 does and I want to keep it. If say 6 months from now the reboot issue is continuing then I would definitely dump it because that is more than enough time to get this problem ironed out.

But on that note I don't begrudge people for coming in here with the "f u" type attitude either. A lot of people waited a long time for this phone. It was delayed several time because blackberry said they wanted to make sure all the kinks were worked out before the release of it. It understandable to think that people would be upset if their phones are rebooting for no reason when they have waited this long for what was supposed to be THE phone of 2013. And remember, Crackberry isn't here just to massage Blackberry and how wonderful they are. It's for people to express frustrations,dislikes, and whatever else comes to their mind concerning Blackberry. It's just as tiresome seeing the "This phone is perfect," and "I want to thank Blackberry for creating the perfect phone threads." Because the Z10 is not perfect, has bugs, and needs some of these things fixed. Constantly saying the "tools not toys" garbage isn't an answer either and only fuels people's fires. But I do understand what you are saying and think that's you have valid points.
    Thank you for your post. I am sorry if I came across a bit hard, but seriously, I think that the forums need a bit of a "chill out" from.the extremes

I am 100% with you, we need to be realistic. I think that your attitude is logical, constructive and pracrical.

Imo both attitudes, either "BlackBerry is flawless and fu if you don't like it" or "BlackBerry is total crap,fu BlackBerry and those that like it" are non productive. As of January they also are increasing. The result is for the forums to become battlefields and sincerely most of the time it is just annoying. I understand frustration. But frustration with total dismissal or the contrary are just rants and pointless. They serve no other purpose than people getting it off their system. And it is kind of surprising that people.will first (many a times) come to cb to rant, rather than on BlackBerry official forums; many will actually only come to cb many times... that is what I do not get.

I think we are on the same page herein essence
    Once again, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:18 PM
    This thread has run its course. But to address "CurrentOdysseys" and "Donation's" exchange above: "Yes" to most everything posted by both.

The extremes are disheartening and counterproductive....for users, potential users, and any use BB might extract from CB.

Unfortunately it takes weeks before even an obvious problem is finally accepted. Witness this thread and its mention of reboots but also battery under achievement, WIFI-radio interchange, App issues, etc. And then the f-u or "love it or leave it" inevitably takes over. This is to be expected, I suppose, as these types of responses are found on virtually every "open" political and investment site, as well as product fan sites. To be fair, quite often issues or beliefs are a matter of opinion anyway.

But here, our Zs are simply not ready for prime time and certainly do not live up to the "BB tool vs toy" often cited marketing slogan. The Z cannot be said to function "out of the box" nor does it function for comprehensive business needs even after weeks of constant massaging.

Having awaited with great patience the ever delayed intro of the Z and then to see anything less than turnkey dependability for basic functions is disheartening. To have to listen to excuses related to "not bad for first generation" BB or to place carrier/3rd party vendor fault is to belie a certain ignorance to the realities of consumerism and capitalism (at this point in techno history for smartphones). Moreover such sophomoric attitude displays a certain contempt for those that desire only a comprehensive, single functional phone but haven't, to date, found the long-awaited Z reliable and functional enough to leave the house w/o a backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 06-10-13 at 02:29 PM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-01-13 02:24 PM
    Im on Koodo and my phone rebooted on its own about an hour after I manually rebooted it. I literally rebooted it and set it down on my desk. I didn't use it at all then it reboots on its own. I was on Wifi at the time.
    Sorry, I for the delay. Yep this is a problem with the interchange between radio and WIFI, he said confidently. Actually, this is the biggest problem that I note (and the list is long) and it keeps the Z from being the reliable business BB device I would expect.

The WIFI connected switches MAY indicate a connection when there actually is not a valid connection. Your phone may tumble into an infinite loop, drain the battery, and I suspect upon occasion reboot. Transition between radio and WIFI is a nightmare....Using solely WIFI, as I tested overseas, in March/April (outside of severe battery drain) is fine. Radio w/o intermittent WIFI usage also is fine. No, there isn't any fix that I've found but it may well be something outside of OS10 such as an app....albeit you appear to have nearly eliminated this cause.

What's the latest?!?
    06-10-13 09:39 PM
    It has rebooted itself 4 times already in a 36 hour period....... with the new update installed. Love the phone but cant deal with **** anymore. If you make a product make sure it works before you release it
    Buy an iphone, be happy.
    06-10-13 09:40 PM
    Oh please. You're wasting your time.
    You clearly haven't read the reboot thread with over 40 paves. If you did, then what logic are practicing right now?
    Posted via CB10
    Sorry, slow to get back on a response AG. But relax you're preaching to the choir ... I think. This is one of some 1500+ threads on reboots. Hoping (your term?) and wishing does nothing. (Memory allocation, per se, is not the direct problem causing the reboots, as you've surmized.) ..Consider getting out there, gathering info, and making a change....True, CB is not likely to solve the problem, as u state, but we might wall it off. Dejanh made a plain spoken stab at/request related to the reboot issue but, again, we have complainers without data...Little else is offered by anyone save sympathy and BB excuses, at least in this thread's earlier posts. "We" started to gather data back in early April but the CB effort has since foundered, even as the number reporting I reboot problems is in the thousands..

Unfortunately there are only 2-3 dozen CB users
    that desire to add cogent analysis or solve issues....hey people have other priorities in life.

..."Clearly," to use your term, you haven't been involved with micro coding nor tech Co. mgmt decisions. ... But if you concur with those that simply display their general disgust or dismay with having to negotiate this reboot problem on any BlackBerry device...Well I agree (and certainly have the posts to back it).

But, in the end, I have my own selfish reasons to solve this and other major BB10 issues (mine doesn't reboot but freezes): I simply want a device that has the reliability and functionality of my BBs of the past.

M65c02...few question that know its origin.
    06-10-13 10:22 PM
    There have been plenty of people who are on TMobile who are having reboot problems.
    Thanks for the update donation, I haven't noted too many TMob with reboot problems. I guess it does run the entire gambit of U.S. Carriers. I've had severe freeze, radio-WIFI exchange, and disappointing battery performance problems along with a myriad of less aggravating issues but no regular reboot problems. I hope that the official TM and Vzn 10.1 releases will relieve the vast majority of CB cited problems for our Zs.

I'll report back by Friday on TM 10.1 enhancements..
    06-10-13 10:40 PM
    Buy an iphone, be happy.

So do you have that phrase saved on a hotkey so you can quickly post it into 20 posts a day or something?
    trynacu2 likes this.
    06-11-13 03:26 AM
    Why create a new post about this instead of posting in one of the dozens of threads already out there?

Posted via CB10
    Why not?
    06-14-13 09:14 AM
    So do you have that phrase saved on a hotkey so you can quickly post it into 20 posts a day or something?
    Just ignore him. He has nothing of interest to add to the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 09:31 AM
    I honestly don't know what the f*** all of you people with reboots are doing but you are doing something. Exchanging hardware does not seem to fix it so it is not hardware. Majority of users running the same OS releases as the few reporting the rebooting issues do not have rebooting issues, so it's not the software either.

It really seems to be the case of a particular set of circumstances coming together to create this problem. I sympathize with you in your frustration but I think that it is really time for you guys who have reboot issues to start exchanging notes. Something is common between all of you, and it's not just the incessant whinning. Posting here is not going to solve your problem, as unfortunate as that may be, unless you are posting to get others to share their particular configuration details so that you can troubleshoot yourself.

Posted via CB10
    So let me get this straight: a large percentage of users, each with their own specific user setup, are all having the same problem, and according to you its not a device problem it's a user-config problem. On my planet those 2 conditions are one and the same.
    06-14-13 09:33 AM
    So let me get this straight: a large percentage of users, each with their own specific user setup, are all having the same problem, and according to you its not a device problem it's a user-config problem. On my planet those 2 conditions are one and the same.

Yes, a significant number of owners have had self-reboot issues with the device.

Recently released OS updates seem to solve the problem for about 95-99% of the people who have installed them.
    06-14-13 05:57 PM
97 ... 234