So as the title says, I got a z10 off of eBay and want to know what I should do first. I'm a windows phone user and will continue to use it, but $160 is a pretty good deal for a high end phone. I would assume installing a leak, but how do I end up doing that, and which do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Would you guys be interested in a review from the perspective of a Windows phone user?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:36 PM
    Nice price. Install the latest leak. Someone will help you with that soon

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:37 PM
    Welcome! I recommend installing the latest leak when you're done exploring the current OS.

Make sure to look what device model and version you have (Settings > About > Modelnumber) and downloading the correct autoloader from this latest leak thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=887047
    Quick guide to leak loading: http://m.crackberry.com/install-leaked-os-autoloader

Bonus: If you feel you need a certain app that is not in BlackBerry World and there is a Android app, sideload the Snap app, download the Android app of choice and be amazed at how good it may work!

Looking forward to seeing your view on BlackBerry 10. Always found WP8 interesting and it would probably have been my choice if it wasn't for BlackBerry 10! Any more help needed, just ask or leave a pm

Edit: sorry pressed post too early and randomly got knocked out of my wifi :P
    Added link to the 10.2.1.1295 thread

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eldricho; 12-27-13 at 12:25 AM.
    12-26-13 11:56 PM
    I just stalled the new leak 10.2. 1.1925 and it has been wonderful. Good luck!

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    12-27-13 12:17 AM
    Welcome! I recommend installing the latest leak when you're done exploring the current OS.

Make sure to look what device model and version you have (Settings > About > Modelnumber) and downloading the correct autoloader from this latest leak thread:
    Quick guide to leak loading: http://m.crackberry.com/install-leaked-os-autoloader
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This. This is right (as usual!)

Get used to BB10, find the apps you want in BlackBerry World. Find some BBM groups and maybe reconnect to friends that are still on BBM (or make iOS/Android ones install BBM ).

Learn about and how to sideloaded apps...

Then, when you got BB10 figured out, grab the latest leak and go for it!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 12:19 AM
    Guys Pls stop recommending installation leak to someone Who just had his hands on phone, let him discover his phone first then keep up on the forums and slowly Learn to install leak .i am really like tired of seeing new people spoiling or stepping up on bugs and complaining about there phone and the brand.

Discover the phone first and about windows phone vs bb10 well everybody has different opinions about the pro and cons of the device.Also remember if you feel that the device lacks some features in terms of software then remember the OS is still evolving(updating) and is getting better update by update.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz, redsaph and diegonei like this.
    12-27-13 12:33 AM
    Guys Pls stop recommending installation leak to someone Who just had his hands on phone, let him discover his phone first then keep up on the forums and slowly Learn to install leak .i am really like tired of seeing new people spoiling or stepping up on bugs and complaining about there phone and the brand.

Discover the phone first and about windows phone vs bb10 well everybody has different opinions about the pro and cons of the device.Also remember if you feel that the device lacks some features in terms of software then remember the OS is still evolving(updating) and is getting better update by update.

Posted via CB10
    He assumed to install a leak and asked us which leak to prefer

Posted via CB10
    jweihrauch likes this.
    12-27-13 01:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    ... I would assume installing a leak, but how do I end up doing that, and which do you recommend? ...
    ...I recommend installing the latest leak when you're done exploring the current OS...
    He asked, we tried to help. Also I advised him to try a leak after he was done exploring the current official one. No harm done here

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 01:23 AM
    I would actually be really interested in a review from the perspective of a Windows Phone user, as that is probably the OS that I am most interested in... Besides BlackBerry of course

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 01:29 AM
    I think this is a useful discussion. I'm in the same position as the OP (going from Windows Phone to Z10), and I figured based on all the discussion that I'd get frustrated with the limitations of theOS it came with, so immediately went to 10.2.0.429 (via Sachesi). It's on and I've added my email accounts and stuff, but with Christmas and all haven't had time to really make the plunge and switch my SIM. It's beginning to sound like maybe I should have explored the 10.1.0 it came with. (I don't plan to downgrade to find out, but this is a useful discussion for others who are new and wondering how to proceed.)

Cheers.

P.S. Initial reaction--and I'm surprised to say this--is that I miss the tiles from Windows. Surprised because I never thought I'd like them, but I'm sure it's just a matter of getting my Z10 set up.
    12-27-13 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the help you guys. I think I'll keep the phone as is with 10.1.2019 for about a week, then write a review from an average consumer perspective. Later I'll update it with a 10.2 bit.

Just one question though: people have been saying to install apps from the Amazon app store... how does that work? I mean, Amazon doesn't have a phone so how can the apps even be usable?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the help you guys. I think I'll keep the phone as is with 10.1.2019 for about a week, then write a review from an average consumer perspective. Later I'll update it with a 10.2 bit.

Just one question though: people have been saying to install apps from the Amazon app store... how does that work? I mean, Amazon doesn't have a phone so how can the apps even be usable?

Posted via CB10
    It is an android app that functions as a market and carries some android apps ported from Google play, you can install the Amazon app market only on 10.2+ soft version because it lets you browse and install android apps straight from the app itself and only that version lets ypu do it so simply
    12-27-13 05:29 PM
    Install the leak. They are fun

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    You gotta be running the 10.2.1.1925 leak to fully benefit from that, which only works on 10.2.1 leaks right now (will go mainstream once 10.2.1 goes official).

It's quite simple, you go to amazon's site and download the app for their store, tap the app and the installer pops up, then you can use that to grab any apps from their store and install the apps on your Z10.

Quite powerful, I'd say.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't waste time getting used to the older 10.1 because it is far slower, has worse battery life, and is not nearly as polished as any of the 10.2.1 leaks. Why bother reviewing an inferior and more buggy os than the leaked one, that would be similar to buying an iPhone and reviewing iOS 5. Go grab the 1925 OS and don't look back. You won't be sorry.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:09 AM
    I wouldn't waste time getting used to the older 10.1 because it is far slower, has worse battery life, and is not nearly as polished as any of the 10.2.1 leaks. Why bother reviewing an inferior and more buggy os than the leaked one, that would be similar to buying an iPhone and reviewing iOS 5. Go grab the 1925 OS and don't look back. You won't be sorry.

Posted via CB10
    10.2.0 is the latest official. Nobody was telling him to go 10.1, they said use OFFICIAL first.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:20 AM
    Sorry, guys, I don't think that I clarified enough. I understand that the Amazon apps are compatible, but since Amazon only sells tablets, I don't understand how the tablet apps can scale to a 4-inch phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 01:24 PM
    10.2.0 is the latest official. Nobody was telling him to go 10.1, they said use OFFICIAL first.

Posted via CB10
    I never said anybody was telling him to go to 10.1. If you had read the OP's posts before commenting you would know he was running 10.1 currently and was debating what to do update wise.

My advice is load a 10.2.1 leak not sure why you are trying to troll my advice instead of give your own. Wierd how some people spend their time.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 07:43 PM
    I never said anybody was telling him to go to 10.1. If you had read the OP's posts before commenting you would know he was running 10.1 currently and was debating what to do update wise.

My advice is load a 10.2.1 leak not sure why you are trying to troll my advice instead of give your own. Wierd how some people spend their time.

Posted via CB10
    I'm an Ambassador. If I troll, I get fired. Report me?

Point here is we all agree he better update his OS. I like to make a point to push new users towards more tried versions so they can get the hang of the OS without the minor BUGs that leaks usually have.

But hey! In the end, he'll do what ever he wants to. And I did tell him that he needs 10.2.1.1925 to fully benefit from the new apk support and Amazon store.

Chill now?
    Mic_JP likes this.
    12-30-13 08:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    My recommendation is that you update to 10.2 as its the most current official OS in the market. Use that for a few weeks so you get use to navigating BB10 and then write your review / perspective.

Then if you're comfortable enough, update to a leak of 10.2.1 to enjoy what ever goodies have been brought to the BB10 experience. I myself haven't updated to 10.2.1 leaks as my Z10 Is primarily used for work and I have it fine tuned on an official 10.2 OS.

Posted via CB10
    dikku11 likes this.
    12-30-13 09:27 PM
    I'm an Ambassador. If I troll, I get fired. Report me?

Point here is we all agree he better update his OS. I like to make a point to push new users towards more tried versions so they can get the hang of the OS without the minor BUGs that leaks usually have.

But hey! In the end, he'll do what ever he wants to. And I did tell him that he needs 10.2.1.1925 to fully benefit from the new apk support and Amazon store.

Chill now?
    That's completely fine you can give advice for users to move to the official tried OS. That is very reasonable advice.

However, your previous post literally quoted my post and bashed my opinion stating something I never stated. Maybe it isn't a troll post but it sure ain't nice having my opinion bashed when I'm only trying to offer helpful advice. Definitely not a nice post and by an ambassador to say the least.

Give your advice and let the OP choose what he is going to do, because as you and I agree, that is what is going to happen anyways.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 06:33 PM
    The OP has a lower version of the OS than is current across the planet. Must be stateside.

I agree there's no point reviewing 10.1 when it's not the current OS anywhere but one place. And 10.2 is being rolled out there too.

The longer the cell phone carrier networks delay (stall), the more they lose out because people learn to go get leaks and millions start telling millions to get their updates by bypassing the carriers.

I'm on Apple computers so I can't get the leaks can i?

P..s.
    Ambassadeurs are human too. Errors and all.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 08:06 PM
    P..s.
    Ambassadors, human, make Errors too.
    Last edited by Davidro1; 12-31-13 at 08:31 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-31-13 08:13 PM
    Go for the latest leak, sideload snap, feel smug, go into phone stores and pick fights with reps. Honestly, there's no better hobby.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    niss63 likes this.
    12-31-13 08:59 PM
    10.2 leak ASAP!!

you can download android .apks directly to the phone and install without side loading, that means official instagram, vine, youtube, etc

plus the customizable settings drop down and built in battery monitor just make it all the more better
    12-31-13 09:07 PM
31 12