Hola,

So I just ordered a used, mint condition T-mobile Blackberry Z10 and I'm wondering two things. 1. Was this a smart idea. 2. What will I miss coming from my other smartphones?

1. Was this a smart idea to buy a Z10 so late in the game? Will updates come quick? What happens if BB goes under?

2. My first smartphone was a Nexus 4 that I had for about three months before I HAD to switch to a HTC Windows Phone 8x because the thing was blue. And it had tiles. So my question is; any major things I will miss about WP that will make me absolutely regret the switch? I have had the 8x for about six months now but I need a change because frankly tiles are cute and slightly sexy for the honeymoon period but other than that they lack pizzazz! Any major apps that I will miss or is everything covered with side loading?

Oh! And has anyone gotten the wood skin from Dbrand on there Z10 that would like to post pics? Thanks.
    10-14-13 10:34 PM
    How much did you pay for it?
    10-14-13 10:46 PM
    No offense but you should utilize the search function first. Plenty of threads on these questions. I've been a BlackBerry user for years. Played with my dad's DROID and I hate it, have an itouch which is meh. Last wp I had was os 5 so... I have most of what I need side loaded.

AT&T Z10
    10-14-13 11:00 PM
    you'll love it.

You'll "miss" instagram as a social app.

as for productivity apps, theres a bunch.

bank apps? sideload. easy once you locate the bar file.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:02 PM
    you'll love it.

You'll "miss" instagram as a social app.

as for productivity apps, theres a bunch.

bank apps? sideload. easy once you locate the bar file.

Posted via CB10
    IG is side loadable

AT&T Z10
    10-14-13 11:04 PM
    I got it $226.00 with shipping
    10-14-13 11:10 PM
    Once you get into it I think you'll love it. I was a bit worried when I first got my Z10 as I loved my Torch. I'm still learning things that my Z10 can do. Many threads here to guide you through it. If you are all about app's then check our the side load how to threads. I'm not that big an app's person so I have all I need. Be interested to hear your thoughts after a couple weeks. Due to the OS being very different give it some time before you pass judgement as the first week or two can be a little frustrating.
    Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook.
    10-14-13 11:15 PM
    Thanks guys, I was a little worried but I'm searching around and I found that a ton of people are happy. I had no real "problem" with android but I ended up spending more time customizing it than actually using the phone . The Nexus also was a little to large for one handed use which was another reason for switching to the 8x. WP only has crappy third party instagtam apps that I can't stand so I'm hoping the side loaded will work fine for me. I never thought I would get a blackberry until I saw the super cool gestures that I'm a sucker for and they pulled me in.
    10-14-13 11:16 PM
    I got it $226.00 with shipping
    where at?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:47 PM
    Welcome to team Blackberry playa!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:49 PM
    Ebay has the for $200-$300

AT&T Z10
    10-14-13 11:52 PM
    Hope you enjoy your Z10!
    You won't miss out on too much!
    10-14-13 11:55 PM
    Hola,

So I just ordered a used, mint condition T-mobile Blackberry Z10 and I'm wondering two things. 1. Was this a smart idea. 2. What will I miss coming from my other smartphones?

1. Was this a smart idea to buy a Z10 so late in the game? Will updates come quick? What happens if BB goes under?

2. My first smartphone was a Nexus 4 that I had for about three months before I HAD to switch to a HTC Windows Phone 8x because the thing was blue. And it had tiles. So my question is; any major things I will miss about WP that will make me absolutely regret the switch? I have had the 8x for about six months now but I need a change because frankly tiles are cute and slightly sexy for the honeymoon period but other than that they lack pizzazz! Any major apps that I will miss or is everything covered with side loading?

Oh! And has anyone gotten the wood skin from Dbrand on there Z10 that would like to post pics? Thanks.
    1.@$226 off contract it's a smart choice.
    2. Coming from wp8 you won't miss much, and you'll grow to enjoy the z10 (just understand that it's apps store is not as robust as wp8's, and wp8 didn't have a lot in it! You can side load android apps if you really want it though)

No dBrand on mine. I like my phones naked. Well hope you like your new phone, and enjoy.

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 11:59 PM
    I came from the Android product line. I still use Android for work, but my personal phone is a BlackBerry.

Purchased the Z10 back in February and never regretted my decision.
    Lately I've been showing off my Z10 to friends that never touched a BB10 phone. They were impressed with the hub, how fast the browser is, the Flow and Peek gestures. Friends with Apple liked the size and keyboard, they envied the swipe to install the next word, and they loved the time shift camera feature, then I made a quick video using video maker using the photos we just took and added music to create the ambiance.
    Too bad they didn't have NFC otherwise I could have transferred the video rather then giving them a link to my Dropbox.

Don't get me wrong, I like Android and am looking forward to KitKat coming out soon, and I like iOS, I've only played with W8 phone briefly so I have no real input about their OS... but I prefer BB10.

Post via my Z10!
    10-15-13 01:24 AM
    Trust u will love it I had mine day in tmobile and I can say the battery life is amazing and the hub is truly the best with all the information u need with one swipe BlackBerry all the way till the wheels fall off!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:45 AM
    You'll love it! Just make sure you know the ins and outs of BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01, OS 10.1 MR, Etisalat, UAE
    10-15-13 04:36 AM
    Just bought myself a iPhone S5 , because I was so disappointed in blackberry, and I'm glad I did got all the apps I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-15-13 06:21 AM
    Once you use it and learn how it works, you'll see how great of a device/OS it really is.
    10-15-13 08:11 AM
    Just bought myself a iPhone S5 , because I was so disappointed in blackberry, and I'm glad I did got all the apps I want
    I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
    chern, Undbiter65 and bigbadben10 like this.
    10-15-13 08:41 AM
    You'll love it!!! Plus side loading just keeps getting easier and easier

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-15-13 09:24 AM