Soo i decided to get a free blackberry z10 to hols myself over till the Motorola X comes out.. for having the phone for about 3 hours I love this phone..

I had a HTC one X which was not working right and I figured for a free phone I'd give it a try and wow!. The hub is awesome and some apps run super smooth..

There's little things that are actually killing me.

Example: alarm is for only one alarm. Can't have multiple alrms.
    Going to the hub goes to the last spot in the hub
    No Google apps -.- big negative
    And no Google now

So many pros so far. But we'll see after the next few days..
    Just wanted to start a thread about the new phone. And I'll update or reply with my thoughts later on.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:39 PM
    Try sideloading the Google apps that you wanted, it should help a bit. And sadly there won't be multiple alarms until the 10.2 update, unless you install the leak!

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    08-11-13 08:41 PM
    10.2 has multiple alarms and the new 10.2 leak is really good for most.
    Or you can install the 10.2 clock bar file and have it on your device now and have multiple alarms

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    southlander likes this.
    08-11-13 08:48 PM
    I never use multiple alarms but I think you should be able to use the calendar for secondary alarms.

A lot of little things like that will be addressed in future updates.

I love the hub but that issue does bug me. I would prefer to go back to the home

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:50 PM
    Can't you just set multiple Remember events with alarms? Not the most perfect solution, but I think it works.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    08-11-13 08:51 PM
    10.2 makes the phone soooo much better. Just sayin!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:43 PM
    Dirty Mike...Not true! You can sideload one single bar file as you would any other app for multiple alarms added right on top of the stock alarm app...just search 10.2 alarm on cb site...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:18 PM
    After two days I'm actually regretting this phone.. solely because of the app world... which has dam near no apps to select. and when there is an app they are over $3...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 05:59 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Know this, as it stands the apps store is a little weak compared to other, yes you are correct. But your issue is not with the phone, it is you (I do not mean any disrespect), the reason I say it's you is because you are not using the phone to its full potential. There's a reason that this phone can run android apps (have YOU even tried side loading?). The process is simple and painless. This is old news (app store), so instead of hating a great device try using it to its full potential or appreciating for what it is in its current state, smooth, fast, awesome browser and great user experience! Try the sideloading process, put some apps on your device and see its true potential... I appreciate you even got the Z10, the hard part is over now go all in and then leave us a review... my $0.02

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    08-12-13 06:26 PM
    You "bought" a free phone???
    08-12-13 06:41 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Know this, as it stands the apps store is a little weak compared to other, yes you are correct. But your issue is not with the phone, it is you (I do not mean any disrespect), the reason I say it's you is because you are not using the phone to its full potential. There's a reason that this phone can run android apps (have YOU even tried side loading?). The process is simple and painless. This is old news (app store), so instead of hating a great device try using it to its full potential or appreciating for what it is in its current state, smooth, fast, awesome browser and great user experience! Try the sideloading process, put some apps on your device and see its true potential... I appreciate you even got the Z10, the hard part is over now go all in and then leave us a review... my $0.02

Posted via CB10
    You're right, I have not actually side loaded any app's. I've read how to's and what not, but im not quite interested in fussing around to get something to work. I just want to click the app world > Search > Download and have it install right after. Im rarely by a PC that I can actually download APK's on and what not, i've becoming reliable on my Phone more and more then anything.

The Z10, or the Zed 10 from what i've heard people verbally call it (I love that name, Zed.. remind's me of Zombies to be honest, a resurrection of Black Berry to be honest, i digress). Has a fantastic build! The back is nice and matte, its not slippery, its a solid build of a phone. The screen is fantastic, nice and bright, perfect size. The Phone is not the problem. The phone is the solution. the OS is the problem, or so to speak.

I've only been using this phone for 2 day's. But i can honestly tell myself if I can keep onto a phone for 2 years just by messing with it for a day of work and a day off (yesturday was my day off, today was my work day)

Reason's why I'd actually keep the phone (Pro's for me?)
    1. the Keyboard. (OS)
    This keyboard, is by far the BEST keyboard I have ever used. I love the swiping up to fill in some words, the send spot, the way it auto-corrects, and how the key's are nicely spaced. Even how the 1234567890 is ontop, on the same screen! It's brilliant.. I feel like alot of engineering wen't into this part, and it came out well.
    2. Solid build quality (Hardware)
    This phone is nice, its not too heavy, but its dense.. It does not feel like any plastic is in this phone (even though when taking the cover off it feels plastic/breakable.) Love how there's almost 3 buttons, the voice cmd does not count imo its a half assed app
    3. BBRY HUB (OS)
    Love how everything is organized for the most part.. Nice and organized.. Note the Organized part.. No other phone has this kind of central notification center.. Pull down, then dismiss, cant read or see past notifications which I'm going to miss
    4. Swipping up from the bottom to turn the phone on (OS)
    uh yea. Never realized how much i love this.. I've been doing it ALLLLLLLLLLL day at work.
    5. Gesture based OS (OS)
    I actually got my co-worker's loving this phone until they looked at the appstore.
    6. Finally. the removable back
    How freaken cool is this! and simple? It literally takes NO extra room to remove the back and change anything out, surprised other OEM's for Android dont use this
    7. Added this: the BROWSER ROCKS.. HOLY COW THIS BROWSER!
    Love the browser, and works fantastically with the swipe gestures, sadly i had a lot of problems with some site's not actually loading, but when it worked.. BAM loved it.

Now for the reason im returning it and going with the Moto X
    1. The app selections is bare.
    Yes. this is the MAIN reason, I don't want to side load. I have argued with my fellow techies that i know about Jailbreaking iPhones, and rooting Android's.. I want a phone that I can simply turn on and use. Maybe modify if the Os is boring or sh*t.. (which BBOS10 is not)

2. Side loading app's requires a PC or a premium price
    I feel like the fact everyone is sideloading app's should show RIM Blackberry that they really need to just make a damn Android Phone with BB OS 10 skinned... Hell throw every feature of the BB 10 onto an Android platform, just for Google Play Store to work. have the world as a secondary like Samsung does. You'd have the security of BBRY and yet the ease of the app store (i'd prob keep the phone if that was the case)

3. No Google Now / Google Voice
    I relied on Google Now atleast 2-3 times a day (unlike my iPhone friends who never, touch siri).. and google voice for a secondary buisness line and voicemail that I can read/listen to online at voice.google.com

4. No Facebook Pages App/Instagram/Vine
    Yea, this sounds lame. But I manage my FB Page's (Im admin of an EMS Company, and 3 personal pages with over 300 likes and an active community) But I manage them using the FB Pages App.
    Instagram App is trash, destroy's the pictures, but it helps get exposure for my Photography Site's. and vine is just enjoyment while on my Duty Crew.

5. Lack of a Cad alert system
    100% a must, without this I actually have to take extra time to punch the location into a GPS app... and It wont notify my fellow volunteer's of my responding
    --

I know this sounds like "He's just looking for excuses to diss the B" Not true! I truly love this phone, and recommend people buy it, I just wish I did'nt have to side load... It's like jailbreaking, which is not my fortay. and i dont want to be forced to sideload to use the device.

I will probably be Selling my One X and buying a used BBRY instead, since i know it wont phase me for more then a month, which is sad.
    08-13-13 12:38 AM
    forgot to mention that I actually got about 5 people wanting to buy the Z10, but the lack of the following apps turned them off:
    - Netflix and Instagram, then the lack of banking app's. I told them they could side load and, like me, didn't want to.
    08-13-13 12:40 AM
    Side loading is a bonus, not a hindrance

Every app is available and works just fine. Can't knock Side loading till you try it. It's probably the easiest thing to do on the phone, even my gf I only showed how to once and now she adds a new app everyweek

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 08-13-13 at 11:25 AM.
    08-13-13 10:07 AM
    Soo i decided to get a free blackberry z10 to hols myself over till the Motorola X comes out.. for having the phone for about 3 hours I love this phone..

I had a HTC one X which was not working right and I figured for a free phone I'd give it a try and wow!. The hub is awesome and some apps run super smooth..

There's little things that are actually killing me.

Example: alarm is for only one alarm. Can't have multiple alrms.
    Going to the hub goes to the last spot in the hub
    No Google apps -.- big negative
    And no Google now

So many pros so far. But we'll see after the next few days..
    Just wanted to start a thread about the new phone. And I'll update or reply with my thoughts later on.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think your thoughts a relevant as the phone is a temporary measure as you wait to move on. Why did you not just get a lower spec android to hold you over? Everything you have just mentioned has been discussed and argued over in threads throughout CB. There is no new observations in your posts. Good luck with your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:59 AM
    Just thought I'd add that you've put out some good info. And taken the time it seems to lay out your thoughts.
    Thanks and good luck with whatever phone u choose to go with. Hopefully BlackBerry keeps reading feedback like this and keeps the updates coming fast and furious.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    08-13-13 11:39 AM
    You know you can side load paid android apps too right? And ones with. Obb files

Posted via CB10 Khalistan Zindabad
    08-13-13 12:50 PM
    Don't post again until you install 10.2.0.1024

DO IT or gtfo!

Also...welcome!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:07 PM
    So you know about crackberry, but don't know about the not yet mature app store? Odd. Honestly, if apps are your priority, and that's fine if it is, then you chose the wrong phone.

People are telling you the truth about side loading though. It doesn't get any easier. Just use the chrome method and it's easy as heck. I understand not wanting to, I put it off for a long time because I didn't want to mess with it, and I didn't need or want the apps, and I'm really dumb with a computer. But I finally have in since I'm on att and there was no sign of an update in sight, so I loaded a leak, which really stressed me out. Lol! Not because it was hard, but because I was worried I'd screw something up. Once I saw how easy that was, I tried side loading, and wow, it takes seconds and no sweat. Before you sell it off, give it a shot, you'll be surprised.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:20 PM
    So I kept the phone. I work for Geek Squad.. I mess with other people's technology every day which is why I don't want to eff with my phone. I am always fixing other people's stuff it just isn't enjoyable anymore.

Anyway. I don't get charged the upgrade fee apparently (or so everyone at work says..) so I decided to keep it for my full 14 days... and am going to give it a try.. let's see how it pans out.

You guys pressured me enough, lol, to try it out..

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 11:27 PM
    forgot to mention that I actually got about 5 people wanting to buy the Z10, but the lack of the following apps turned them off:
    - Netflix and Instagram, then the lack of banking app's. I told them they could side load and, like me, didn't want to.
    Anyone can browse BlackBerry World using a web browser and check out the apps selection beforehand. Buying a phone is the expensive way to find out which apps are available.

Yeah the 10.2 leak is what you want. You don't have to even do anything except cable up the phone and run the .exe autoloader. Then wait and bam.. all done. 10.2 leak is basically a release quality OS that adds A LOT of features. Ones that the carriers won't let see the light of day for months and months.
    08-13-13 11:34 PM