That is not the L series, it looks like (and I have the same box for my Dev B) a Dev device only. So they are handing out dev devices to "icons"? Interesting lol
    says `sneak peek` which im guessing (from other celebs who`ve had the same experience) that they are being shown the OS, not that they get to keep it
    01-13-13 08:53 PM
    This is all I have to say here.
    kajenius likes this.
    01-13-13 08:58 PM
    This is all I have to say here.
    If you gotta google the name, they're not a celebrity.
    01-13-13 09:04 PM
    He must think he has a bright future.
    Why is he wearing his sunglasses inside?

Sent from my game boy color
    Dapper37 and anon5398027 like this.
    01-13-13 11:26 PM
    I thought it looked like dan robinio from wp central atfirst???
    01-14-13 12:10 AM
    Are you serious,lol?
    If and that's a big if, you followed RIM's CMO interview from not too long ago you would/should know this is all part of the pre-marketing plan to create BB10 buzz.

When you have 1/2 million twitter followers like Cheban to tweet to about BB10 let me know, this "pheasant"(me) will pay your airfare and limo to RIM headquarters,until then you should be glad for Cheban tweeting. You are glad the BB10 info is getting out are you not?

What about @UncleRUSH 2.3 million followers and him tweeting about BB10, that get you excited, it does me.

Sure hope nobody has a heart attack when Lady Gaga tweets BB10 sweetness to her 35 million twitter followers.

Pheasants? Your handlers better come up with something better than that,lol. FAIL

This is real fair, if your rich you can get things before they come out.Let the rest of us peasants wait.
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-14-13 12:31 AM
    Generation Y, and yes they purchase phones.
    Lots actually.

"In just eight short years, 46% of the U.S. workforce will be comprised of millennials(generation Y)".

Who the **** is Jonathan Cheban??
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-14-13 at 12:58 AM.
    01-14-13 12:40 AM
    Ryk Neethling, South African Olympic Swimmer, has a Dev Alpha device..
    01-14-13 12:48 AM
    Ryk Neethling, South African Olympic Swimmer, has a Dev Alpha device..
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RykNeethl...75765537120256
    01-14-13 01:03 AM
    @TomJasper

My bad.. Another case of "Heard something and didn't research it".. Haha
    01-14-13 01:08 AM
    And for my 2000 post......
    Ya but..but...but. Who is he?

Edit: Thanks ChrisL89/Tom Jasper. I see now.
    01-14-13 03:27 AM
    It's pretty cool of RIM to use this as a marketing strategy. At least they know how to create a buzz and inject it into a huge number of people. They're probably hoping for tons of RT's to make it go viral. Even if this Cheban guy is unfamiliar for most people, he's not the only public figure tweeting about BB10. However, there is one thing that I've seen happening. People assume that the phone that they see will be coming out, they don't know what a "Dev Alpha" is as well. I've read tweets saying that they won't be getting the "Dev Alpha" when it comes out. RIM has to find a way to overcome this misconception.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 03:53 AM
    People assume that the phone that they see will be coming out, they don't know what a "Dev Alpha" is as well. I've read tweets saying that they won't be getting the "Dev Alpha" when it comes out. RIM has to find a way to overcome this misconception.
    The final version will be more aesthetically pleasing to the majority over the dev alpha so the majority won't mind.
    01-14-13 04:08 AM
    It's pretty cool of RIM to use this as a marketing strategy. At least they know how to create a buzz and inject it into a huge number of people. They're probably hoping for tons of RT's to make it go viral. Even if this Cheban guy is unfamiliar for most people, he's not the only public figure tweeting about BB10. However, there is one thing that I've seen happening. People assume that the phone that they see will be coming out, they don't know what a "Dev Alpha" is as well. I've read tweets saying that they won't be getting the "Dev Alpha" when it comes out. RIM has to find a way to overcome this misconception.
    Quite so. The cricketer Kevin Pietersen has tweeted about it a couple of times, and whilst he will be entirely unknown in North America, he's fairly famous in England, Australia, South Africa and so forth - and REALLY famous in India.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 06:30 AM
    Are you serious,lol?
    If and that's a big if, you followed RIM's CMO interview from not too long ago you would/should know this is all part of the pre-marketing plan to create BB10 buzz.

When you have 1/2 million twitter followers like Cheban to tweet to about BB10 let me know, this "pheasant"(me) will pay your airfare and limo to RIM headquarters,until then you should be glad for Cheban tweeting. You are glad the BB10 info is getting out are you not?

What about @UncleRUSH 2.3 million followers and him tweeting about BB10, that get you excited, it does me.

Sure hope nobody has a heart attack when Lady Gaga tweets BB10 sweetness to her 35 million twitter followers.

Pheasants? Your handlers better come up with something better than that,lol. FAIL
    Thanks for your input. You do know a "pheasant" is a bird right?
    01-14-13 07:15 AM
    Did a 5 minute research on this Cheban. Looks like he is the one who can make every US celeb to wear a BB on the red carpets ... good choice RIM !
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 07:36 AM
    If you gotta google the name, they're not a celebrity.
    Exactly.
    MTL likes this.
    01-14-13 09:23 AM
    Go ahead RIM! This is the trick of the trade nowadays. LeBron is sporting a Note 2 getting ice cream and eating cereal; this John fellow is wearing shades and sporting a Dev Alpha B. I'm not mad at all. Now if RIM got Beyonce to throw something about BB10 into her halftime performance I'd be proud.
    BB12MX and TomJasper like this.
    01-14-13 09:24 AM
    This is real fair, if your rich you can get things before they come out.Let the rest of us peasants wait.
    And don't forget.... "For free" :/
    01-14-13 09:24 AM
    I don't know this guy, I guess he's big on basic cable reality shows, and I don't have cable, nor watch reality shows, so he's an unknown to me... but to a certain demographic, his lifestyle fascinates.

If his lifestyle includes BB10, then many will see that as a part of his "affluent" lifestyle that they can emulate... certainly at this point BB10 is "more exclusive" than iPhone (every illiterate high school dropout can get an iPhone... where's the cach�?)

I hope that RIM continues with the Porche Design strategy and puts out BB10 devices that DO cost ridiculous amounts of money, because putting a blinged-up polystyrene case on an iPhone isn't the same as buying a device that ONLY the affluent can even afford.

BB10. "Aspirational".
    01-14-13 09:31 AM
    why are people up in arms? Just cant please everybody.....I hope RIM is not going to be like the man, the boy and the donkey in Aesop's fable
    01-14-13 01:15 PM
    Are you serious,lol?

Don't get your feathers all ruffled...
    rottonj likes this.
    01-14-13 02:12 PM
    Don't get your feathers all ruffled...

Roflmao, psychology 101, you latched onto and commented on the spelling of a word, yet you failed to comment in any meaningful way to the content of the post,that you could not refute. Anybody can pick the low hanging fruit, you have over 7,000 posts under your belt, surely your chest of responses is deeper than that,lol.

Birds of a feather,lol.
    01-14-13 02:26 PM
    Lighten up Francis.
    01-14-13 02:54 PM
    maybe he's the guy who won the ebay bid

and now he has a phone he cant send messages from as i believe the hub is disabled on the dev alphas?
    01-14-13 03:04 PM
60 123