Do people not have eyes! Luckily lve only had this happen once. And then on second look the guy said, oh wait never mind.

They're lot THAT similar

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:33 PM
    The day after I got my Z I put it on the table at work at coffee time and one of the guys with a big smile said see you finally got an iPhone. I said no its a BlackBerry. He looked at it again and said looks like an iphone. Then started to talk to someone else.

Posted via Z10
    05-23-13 05:08 PM
    That's why I love blackberry! Just for that reason!! So sick of the iPhone!!
    05-23-13 05:09 PM
    Same thing happened to me. My sister (who uses an iPhone), said that I have an iPhone. I said it's a Blackberry, but she said no it's not, it doesn't have a qwerty keypad. I told her Blackberry now makes smart phones which like iPhone have no key pad. She was surprised.
    05-23-13 05:09 PM
    Haha that's pretty funny! When i got my Z10 and went on vaca, alot of people thought the Z10 was an iPhone (most said it looked the same, even when they saw the BBRY branding). BBRY did a great job making the Z10 still have that traditional BB look in a market where you can only do so much to make a touchscreen device "not look like an iPhone"... one of the many reasons why i love my Z10! Thanks for sharing the story though!
    a z10 does not look like an iphone
    05-23-13 05:27 PM
    Tell him iphone is so 2008 and then di** punch him!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    EPIC post! I fell off my chair LMFAO!

OP your experience sounds childish at best, next time your little buddy says something to the same effect shove your Z10 in his face and ask him if he sees a home button!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    Last edited by Carmels; 05-23-13 at 05:58 PM.
    stevepar likes this.
    05-23-13 05:47 PM
    I actually get that reaction a lot with my PlayBook. People see it and the BlackBerry logo, and then they see me playing NOVA and DEAD SPACE and ANGRY BIRDS and PLANTS and ZOMBIES and MODERN COMBAT, then they start asking a bunch of questions. A lot of people have no idea that the PlayBook has as many games as it does, nor plays the types of games that it does.

I find it kind of cool when they realize it's a surprisingly sharp little gaming device. :-)
    its because bb has the stigma that there are 0 apps for it..
    05-23-13 05:50 PM
    I get people mistaking my Z10 for Iphone all the time. I tell them that Iphone and Android had an affair, and that this is their illegitimate child! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Nice! I'll remember this one!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    05-23-13 05:54 PM
    I get people mistaking my Z10 for Iphone all the time. I tell them that Iphone and Android had an affair, and that this is their illegitimate child! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    HAA

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 06:31 PM
    Lol, but yeah, I live in Canada and the best thing is iPhone, then Samsung, then BlackBerry and Windows tied. Personally, I love my phone

Posted via CB10
    Hmm Windows is Def not tied to BlackBerry... I never see windows phones in the wild...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 06:40 PM
    I've had a lot of people not know what my z10 is when they see it. I've had an equal amount of people ask why I use a Blackberry after I tell them what it is. they are usually amazed at how much it isn't the blackberry they thought they knew from the past. Most are pretty amazed by the phone by the time I'm done showing it off.

Here's a good story for us USA people who deal with the jaded view of Blackberry here in the States. I was at a work conference over this past weekend and was using my PlayBook as my handheld marketing tool for demo stuff. It worked slick for what I was doing, being able to play some short video clips and show off some nice images and so on. I had one client I was talking to who was from Europe and after I showed him the video clip I wanted him to watch and flipped through a few images he said "You know you're the only one I've ever seen with this from Blackberry." and pointed at my PlayBook. So I said "Oh, you'll love this then." and pulled out my z10 and said "This is the new Blackberry z10. It's amazing." He pulled out his 9930 and said "Oh, Blackberry is very popular overseas, but I must have a keyboard. No touchscreen." So I told him to look into the new q10.

My point is, Blackberry is way more popular overseas. All those US peeps who tell you that Blackberry sucks or is "going out of business" are extremely uneducated about a global company. Hold your head up high and be proud that you aren't part of the gullible masses. I love my Blackberry gear. I waited a long time for the z10, and I did it quietly and patiently. Now I'm happy to be sporting what will become the future of mobile computing. Don't let uneducated people bring you down.
    05-23-13 06:40 PM
    I actually get that reaction a lot with my PlayBook. People see it and the BlackBerry logo, and then they see me playing NOVA and DEAD SPACE and ANGRY BIRDS and PLANTS and ZOMBIES and MODERN COMBAT, then they start asking a bunch of questions. A lot of people have no idea that the PlayBook has as many games as it does, nor plays the types of games that it does.

I find it kind of cool when they realize it's a surprisingly sharp little gaming device. :-)
    my mom ugh such a apple rider. she was so impressed with my pb played with it and LOVED it. She was like I love it. its the perfect size, but if only apple would make one that size... :l epic fail mom
    my good taste obviously didn't come from her lol
    05-23-13 06:49 PM
    Stupid kid at my school saw me taking out my z10. Then he asks "why are you taking your iPhone out of a BlackBerry case ". I had to show him how it's a z10. Then he started to insult my phone so I ignored him and started to play mc4. Then, he asked me why I'm playing an iPhone game on a BlackBerry. How dumb? Like how is it an iPhone game, it's on every platform yet "it's an iPhone game "

Anyone else have such a stupid incident with idie hards

Posted via CB10
    Could have smacked his head with it and asked if it felt like an iPhone

Posted via CB10
    CarGuy1368 and PostMortem like this.
    05-23-13 06:51 PM
    I have friends giving their iphones to their kids now that they have upgraded back to BB10. The look on the kids faces is apparently quite priceless ~ they suddenly realize their parents are more hip and that they are getting handed down iphones cause noone in the family (read parents) wants them....Kids hate hand-me-downs as we all know so perhaps this 'trend' will create a backlash on iphone coolness.... LOL
    05-23-13 06:54 PM
    Any phone that followed the iPhone is going to get compared to the iPhone. Before apple made it all that we got was crappy phones. So thank apple as without it you won't have the z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:03 PM
    Well, in my son's school, Samsung is popular, BB is chic and the iPhone is for grandpa.
    05-23-13 07:04 PM
    I had an Apple Store employee tell me I have an iPhone, until she took a further look and saw that it wasn't. It's an honest mistake, admittedly.

As long as you like and enjoy your phone, that's all that matter. I, personally, think I have the best phone on the market! That's why I bought my Z10.
    05-23-13 07:12 PM
    Mine is different, they thought I got a black HTC One.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 Smarterphone.
    05-23-13 07:14 PM
    When it happens to me I just hand them the phone, watch as their frustration builds from a lack of a home/ back button and then tell them,"You don't have to be intelligent to use an iPhone, this is a Blackberry Z10."
    Bobcat665, lang007, tg1 and 1 others like this.
    05-23-13 07:32 PM
    For the people who told me to whack 'em in the face, there's one problem. People's eyes usually take in impact first, so when I hit them in the eye, they'll be like :

"Omg, a ****ty phone just hit my eye. **** + eye (i) + phone =iphone. Therefore, this must be an iPhone!!!!"

Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:45 PM
    Yeah, the first impression from people that know me is "you finally gave up and got an iPhone?

People keep telling me that it looks just like an iPhone.... REALLY? just because it is rectangular with a relatively large screen?

BBX - I Said It!
    05-23-13 07:50 PM
    I'm not really getting any hate towards BlackBerry at all, actually ppl are very impressed. Was at my law school graduation the other day and i had to wear that damn graduation cap that always looks awkward, didn't have a mirror to make sure it was on properly so i pulled out my q10 and used the camera app to make sure it was on proper by using the front facing camera, 2 girls next to me were like "wow we need one of those!" then when i started talking about the q10 like everyone around me wanted to check it out lol

Posted via CB10
    dannejanne likes this.
    05-23-13 08:18 PM
    Every phone nowadays looks the same in black.
    Which is why I have waited to get the white Q10. There will no mistaking it for an iPhone or any other phone.
    05-23-13 08:31 PM
    You can't expect everyone to be as informed as we are.

For me, all detergent look the same. But of course there are people that can differentiate it based on the ingredient and composition.

Posted with RedBerry 10
    05-23-13 08:34 PM
    I have friends giving their iphones to their kids now that they have upgraded back to BB10. The look on the kids faces is apparently quite priceless ~ they suddenly realize their parents are more hip and that they are getting handed down iphones cause noone in the family (read parents) wants them....Kids hate hand-me-downs as we all know so perhaps this 'trend' will create a backlash on iphone coolness.... LOL
    BB and the Z10 have become very popular in the highschools in London where I live. My oldest daughter and her Z10 was the only kid in her class in Feb with one when it launched. Now in may over half the class has them. and over 70% of the students in the school rock the BB logo.
    SharonRD likes this.
    05-23-13 08:38 PM
141 1234 ...