Hi all,

As I am in the UK, I got my Z10 yesterday and happy somewhat with my experience so far.
    I have just used the Blackberrry Link to transfer data from my 9900 to the Z10. My documents, media, tasks, memos, password keeper details have all come across to the Z10 but I have issues with the rest of the data.

Previous emails on my 9900 were not migrated over to the Z10. Looking at some of the comments on the threads and also the 'tiny' text print on BB Link, it seems like the expectation is not to be able to do this. Not too much of an issue, as i manage my emails very well and only have a few (recent/active) emails in my inbox that have now been brought over using the 'add a new account' functionality. It would have been good for this to made very clear in the process.

I cannot find my contacts on my Z10. I have tried the restore function using my recent backup, but BB Link only appears to recognise a fraction of the information, so out of 6mb, it restores only 965kb. This is also the case with my calendar entries.

I have also noticed the BB Link seems like a 'bare bones' software. I cannot see any option to backup specific items. It just seems like a backward step to me. Desktop Manager is a lot better at the moment.

Anyone else experienced this and know of a resolution?? I am tempted to export a csv file of my contacts to hotmail or gmail contacts and then sync that with the Z10, but surely I should not really need to this as part of the move from a 9900 to Z10.

Any advice is appreciated. Cheers people.
    02-02-13 09:20 AM
    Finally someone with same problem as mine. I got problem with contacts from 9900 and it is so annoying that BlackBerry link doesn't give an option of selecting what I wanted to transfer from 9900 :@ not even a single contact was transferred! I'm after tech guys but they are ignoring my this question and replying to anything else I ask them!!!
    02-02-13 11:03 AM
    Hey, I have managed to get a manual workaround for this. I posted a similar comment in a different thread. See below. Hope it helps

My manual workaround was to sync the contacts and calendar entries on my 9900 (using Blackberry Desktop Manager 'Organizer' option) with Outlook. I exported a CSV file in outlook 2010 for the contacts and one for the calendar entries. I then imported both files into my gmail account (which is not my primary email account). I did delete all contact entries in gmail before I did the import. And finally i created an account on the Z10 to sync both gmail contacts and calendar entries.

I know this is a bit long winded...but that is only what I could come up with for now while this issue is ongoing. Apart from this obvious flaws above, I am not going back to my 9900! Enjoying the BB10 experience (that works!!)

Hope you get yours sorted out soon....
    02-02-13 01:20 PM
    Hey, I have managed to get a manual workaround for this. I posted a similar comment in a different thread. See below. Hope it helps

My manual workaround was to sync the contacts and calendar entries on my 9900 (using Blackberry Desktop Manager 'Organizer' option) with Outlook. I exported a CSV file in outlook 2010 for the contacts and one for the calendar entries. I then imported both files into my gmail account (which is not my primary email account). I did delete all contact entries in gmail before I did the import. And finally i created an account on the Z10 to sync both gmail contacts and calendar entries.

I know this is a bit long winded...but that is only what I could come up with for now while this issue is ongoing. Apart from this obvious flaws above, I am not going back to my 9900! Enjoying the BB10 experience (that works!!)

Hope you get yours sorted out soon....
    Hay thanks a lot for the suggestion and I will do it same way tomorrow and will let you know. I am not going back to 9900 as well and even before I started using z10, I expected it to have few flaws as it's a brand new device with totally new OS. Still bugs are not as bad as I expected
    02-02-13 01:28 PM
    Hi everyone. The best solution I've found is to connect the 9900 to the Z10 via bluetooth. Once paired, in the BT menu on the 9900, select the Z10 by pressing it. When the menu pops up simply select transfer contacts. Job done. Thanks everyone, I'm here all week.
    ealvnv and diego.roscetti like this.
    02-02-13 06:28 PM
    Hi everyone. The best solution I've found is to connect the 9900 to the Z10 via bluetooth. Once paired, in the BT menu on the 9900, select the Z10 by pressing it. When the menu pops up simply select transfer contacts. Job done. Thanks everyone, I'm here all week.
    Ah it was simple and straight forward, thanks a ton for sharing this
    02-02-13 11:41 PM
    Same issue but I've just decided to input everything manually so I've got something to do with my new toy until the contract is processed and I can use it properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-03-13 12:14 AM
    Same issue but I've just decided to input everything manually so I've got something to do with my new toy until the contract is processed and I can use it properly.

Hahaha I would never transfer my 199 contacts manually that's why for last 4 days, I am just carrying both mobiles to check number from 9900 and then dial from Z10
    02-03-13 12:17 AM
    Hahaha I would never transfer my 199 contacts manually that's why for last 4 days, I am just carrying both mobiles to check number from 9900 and then dial from Z10
    Each to their own ;-) I don't have anywhere near that many contacts so it's no big deal.

02-03-13 12:44 AM
    Guys, just use bluetooth like I said above. You don't need to carry two phones or wait for contract issues to be resolved.
    02-03-13 02:31 AM
    I actually found it was beneficial to go through and do it manually anyway because the linking system didn't quit ego right on the bluetooth transfer when I tried it. That's just me though. I hope it went well for others.

02-03-13 01:26 PM
    Didn't work in my case. Have over one thousand contacts. Stopped in the middle, quoting "Transfer interrupted ".

Guys, just use bluetooth like I said above. You don't need to carry two phones or wait for contract issues to be resolved.
    02-03-13 01:31 PM
    Have people tried doing the device switch using MicroSD card? Does that bring the contacts across? Very relieved to see the that the BT xfer connection will work if nothing else does. I have 443 contacts that I've been maintaining for a very long time, would not want to re-enter those manually. WOW!
    02-04-13 12:41 PM
    similar problem here, I think its because all the device drivers arent installing correctly in my case.RIM Disk device - device unplugged. I can transfer media but no back-up etc as it says no data to back up
    Attached Thumbnails Issues with with transfer from 9900-bbdriver.jpg  
    02-05-13 04:50 AM
    Part of the issue seems to be that Link doesn't automatically transfer email settings to the BB10... because BIS is no longer needed, you have to set up the emails manually on the Z10... many contacts are actually associated with email acounts and/or facebook accounts, therefore will not appear until these accounts are set up on the 10..... when they are set up, they will sync past emails etc up to 30 days... mind did... and all contacts should appear
    02-05-13 07:20 AM