Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has been having issue with sound from the Z10; specifically notifications. I have to turn my notifications to All Alerts off in order to keep my phone on during class. When I put it to silent I still receive the sound notifications for emails, calls and texts like it was on regular. I tried going to silent and then individually switching it to turn off text sounds but then it carries to the normal mode. Is anyone else having this issue at all? Its rather strange, one would think that silent means that there should be no sounds. That's what I used to use when I first got my Z10 but then it started doing this. Has anyone else come across the issue of their sound notification getting stuck on the other? I found that a couple times when I tried to switch from silent to normal it wouldn't switch. The notification would stay the same or when it had switched it would still be silent. Same thing with normal to silent, I like that I found an answer but its really rather annoying to have to turn off everything to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mitch
    03-19-13 02:08 PM
    Did you do anything to the profiles possibly? Otherwise I'd suggest reloading the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 02:12 PM
    Mitch

I have the exact opposite! my z10 was playing sounds that i assigned, and recently has stopped. Not only am I disappointed that i can not customize my Z10 like my BB9900 with specific sounds, the sound profiles wont respond. I have called my carriers tech support they suggested googling the issue...aka they don't have any idea.
    hope there is an answer
    03-19-13 02:20 PM
    I'm not sure. I turn on silent and then go through the text messages and turn them off and then when I return to normal and check text its turned off. I turn it on for texting and then again on silent its turned off. Its rather weird and even BlackBerryhelp didn't seem to know. Maybe a OS reload but I rather avoid that situation.
    03-19-13 02:20 PM
    Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has been having issue with sound from the Z10; specifically notifications.......

Mitch
    Did you download any 3rd party apps like Hub++ etc?... because they over ride the bb notifications.
    03-19-13 02:51 PM