After the recent OS updates I began pushing my iPod touch farther away and introducing my Z10 to music. Battery life improved so I said screw it, I'm gonna use my Z10 at work for music. Now I'm running Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1725 and just recently somehow when I add songs to iTunes it doubles all my songs and even somehow adds my ring tones from my Z10 onto iTunes. So 2000 songs turned into nearly 4,100 songs.
    I download music, add it to my shared folder, then open iTunes and click on "Add folder to library". It then adds all my new songs to iTunes and from there I go to recently added and edit song info and remove extra info I don't wanna see.

Now I believe it has something to do with link saving all my device contents including music and ring tones onto my PC somewhere on my desktop. This doubling of songs has happened over 10 times and I simply can't deal with it anymore lol.
    By the way when I go into my shared folder all it shows is my songs and an iTunes folder labeled "automatically add to iTunes "

Any one have these issue or any tips? I would like to stop link from saving my contents of my phone to a computer other people use. Don't need my stuff saved on PC unless it's a backup file.
    sorry for long post wanted to be thorough

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:05 AM
    For any folder you don't want syncing with link, create a file in that folder named .nomedia
    09-28-13 08:55 AM
    For any folder you don't want syncing with link, create a file in that folder named .nomedia
    Thanks. I'm gonna try that

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:25 AM
    Don't even bother trying to sync Lunk with iTunes. You are in for a world of frustration. It's a pathetic piece of poorly written crap. You will find duplicate songs, duplicate photos. Just manually drag and drop into folders.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-28-13 10:50 AM
    Don't even bother trying to sync Lunk with iTunes. You are in for a world of frustration. It's a pathetic piece of poorly written crap. You will find duplicate songs, duplicate photos. Just manually drag and drop into folders.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    I don't really have time for that. I download about 15-20 songs every night. Sounds like too much trouble sorting through 2000 songs to find what I downloaded. I also need iTunes for my ipod

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:45 PM
    If iTunes and link is open while my Z10 is connected it usually works. If I add 2 songs to iTunes I'll click over to LINK and it will say syncing music because of those 2 songs. But there's days where the sync bar won't move and when I check iTunes I have double the songs

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:51 PM
    I would rather drag and drop 50 Gb of music anyday than use iTunes.
    09-28-13 02:55 PM
    I would rather drag and drop 50 Gb of music anyday than use iTunes.
    I think the main reason I use iTunes is the custom folders. I have a play list for songs that I've added in the past 3 days, and an accurate recently added play list. BlackBerry player seems to put all of my 2000 songs on recently added list. I've gotten rid of my 5th gen ipod touch because of syncing to iTunes feature

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:18 PM
    I think the main reason I use iTunes is the custom folders. I have a play list for songs that I've added in the past 3 days, and an accurate recently added play list. BlackBerry player seems to put all of my 2000 songs on recently added list. I've gotten rid of my 5th gen ipod touch because of syncing to iTunes feature

Posted via CB10
    For me I don't use custom folders. I'm fortunate that the music that I like compels me download their whole album.

So I guess I should correct myself and say I do use custom folders. 466 of them.

Personally, I glad I'm from yesterday when artists could produce complete albums. I could not imagine downloading 1 or 2 songs per artist and then have to sort them in some creative manner.
    09-28-13 10:49 PM