Iran is considered the largest market for cellular phones in the middle east [guardian].
    Blackberry z10 sales have started since February in the world. There is no official Blackberry store in Iran, but market demand has made importers bypass restrictions to bring Blackberry z10 products into the country 48 hours after the canada!!!
    Because of recent sanctions by usa, the price of dollors became triple since last year and Iranians have to pay more money to buy a smart phone. salary of an engineer in iran become $250 per month !! (I used this example to let you know about the situation). So number of selling smart phones reduced %50 and unfortunately Apple and Blackberry lost a huge market in middle east.Three another companies (samsung,LG and sony) still remain in iran and by financial supporting of iran's government and good relationship with japan and s-korea they have good market.
    In middle of February the price of z10 was more than $1500 in iran (equal to 6 months salary of an engineer in iran!!) but fortunetly the price have decreased continuously since march. The BB z10 is selling about $600 in market now. However, I belived that most of them are refurbished and is sold to us as new one!!
    There is a great potential for selling Blackberry in iran. About %40 of iranians are under 30 years old (about 30 million people) and most of them so interested in loyal and American smart phones such as iphone.
    After coming BB z10 to iran, many people prefer to use it to iphone. a lot of stores started to sell BB z10 and many seller said iphone placement will replaced by BB z10. but after 1 month many customers returning their Z10s and they wanted to sell it with cheaper price.They said all services was blocked in iran. it was not possible to update BB OS, you can't to buy applicaions from app store, you can't to use BB email,BBM ,.... . Many buyer complained that the GPRS is deactive by BB and wifi disconnected continual by BB sever. so the BB services that you can use iran is equal to Nokia 1100.
    Itunes and google play also have been closed their services to iranians. However, a lot of way exists to use their service . For example by changing IP, using VPN or rooting ( or jailbreaking) mobile phones you can access ti itunes. so BB will lost a great market in the world. I read a news about returning BB z10 in usa. If BB had official service and store in iran (similar to samsung,LG,sony), they would sold more than 1 million smart phone in iran.
    The focus of the sanctions has been on Iran's banks and oil industry, Iranian individuals and companies that Western capitals believe are assisting what they suspect is Tehran's drive towards a nuclear weapons capability. However I belived that eventhough sanctions made a lot of problem for iranians in iran, a lot of problem also has been made for western companies such as BB which interest to be iran market.

at the end I have some suggestion for BB company, If they want to sell their mobile phones in iran:
    1. please let iranians install application from app world and let get updates (do not fear!! no body use them for nuclear prog ram )
    2. please add persian keyboard to your os (you can add 5 letter to arabic keyboard to convert it to persian, it is not difficult).
    3. please add the name of iran to your country lists and let us to register in your website.
    4. find a local distributor in iran and import your device legal. government give importer companies dollar with cheaper price, so company can sell smartphones with lower price in iran.

Mohammad
    mbn22, VWIN, shaahiin and 5 others like this.
    04-11-13 01:14 PM
    Haven't u heard of the sanctions imposed on Iran. It'll never happen until the nuc talks are over...
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-11-13 02:04 PM
    Maybe BB plans on releasing a Nuke App....... or maybe it's already an Android app that can be sideloaded.

In all seriousness, good for BB marketshare.
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    04-11-13 02:11 PM
    Iran is on the State Department's technology embargo list. That effectively prevents legal supply of BlackBerry devices to the open market in Iran, and probably also restricts provision of supporting services. The few exceptions might cover humanitarian use, but would require special permits.
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-11-13 02:20 PM
    I asked someone who recently got here (Canada) from Iran. He says that Blackberry is not that popular in Iran, but he sees people that carry it from time to time. He characterized it like this "80% Samsung, iPhone for the rich, and Blackberry 1 in 100.. No Windows Phone" never even heard about WP.

No phone manufacturer except Samsung, officially markets its phones in Iran. Iranians buy most phones in the black market and they mostly come from Dubai and Turkey. Samsung actually has ads in Iranian media and newspapers. I don't know how they bypass the sanctions. Regardless, Iran is a huge market with 80 million people and most people carry a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    ediggity and Saeed Asadi like this.
    04-11-13 08:07 PM
    I was hoping we wouldn't go here... can we stick to phones?
    05-07-13 12:43 PM
    Thread is officially off the rails.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    husnain1 likes this.
    05-07-13 12:54 PM
    So hey, um...how about that weather we're having?

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 and Snap51 like this.
    05-07-13 12:55 PM
    So hey, um...how about that weather we're having?

Posted via CB10

the weather here in miami is absolutely amazing
    Saeed Asadi likes this.
    05-07-13 12:56 PM
    the weather here in miami is absolutely amazing
    Miami? Awesome! In in Jacksonville! Had a TON of rain over the weekend but the rest of this week is shaping up pretty good

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:01 PM
    Miami? Awesome! In in Jacksonville! Had a TON of rain over the weekend but the rest of this week is shaping up pretty good

Posted via CB10
    thats awesome! nice to meet you my floridian brother lol. we've been getting some rain too but mostly afternoon showers. so are you signing the petition to bring Tebow to the Jaguars too lol (no hating here, im a Tebow fan)
    05-07-13 01:07 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:07 PM
    thats awesome! nice to meet you my floridian brother lol. we've been getting some rain too but mostly afternoon showers. so are you signing the petition to bring Tebow to the Jaguars too lol (no hating here, im a Tebow fan)
    I am not a Jaguar fan (GO PACKERS), but I believe Teebow would be a nice shot in the arm for ticket sales.

Posted via CB10
    husnain1 likes this.
    05-07-13 01:34 PM
    I'm sure BlackBerry execs would be thrilled to have to go to Iran.............................................. .................................................. ......
    05-07-13 01:43 PM
    It appears BlackBerry has some scruples while Apple does not.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 02:32 PM
    I think, i success. App store of blackberry, Google, Apple will open to Iranians soon. USA omitted mobile phone sanctions two days ago. Also, North american companies could open local distributor in iran.
    I should thank you of people who support me.

Apple iPhone to be sold in Iran?

I do not know, may they read my crying essay and response to my request
    06-01-13 07:25 AM
    Iran is considered the largest market for cellular phones in the middle east [guardian].
    Blackberry z10 sales have started since February in the world. There is no official Blackberry store in Iran, but market demand has made importers bypass restrictions to bring Blackberry z10 products into the country 48 hours after the canada!!!
    Because of recent sanctions by usa, the price of dollors became triple since last year and Iranians have to pay more money to buy a smart phone. salary of an engineer in iran become $250 per month !! (I used this example to let you know about the situation). So number of selling smart phones reduced %50 and unfortunately Apple and Blackberry lost a huge market in middle east.Three another companies (samsung,LG and sony) still remain in iran and by financial supporting of iran's government and good relationship with japan and s-korea they have good market.
    In middle of February the price of z10 was more than $1500 in iran (equal to 6 months salary of an engineer in iran!!) but fortunetly the price have decreased continuously since march. The BB z10 is selling about $600 in market now. However, I belived that most of them are refurbished and is sold to us as new one!!
    There is a great potential for selling Blackberry in iran. About %40 of iranians are under 30 years old (about 30 million people) and most of them so interested in loyal and American smart phones such as iphone.
    After coming BB z10 to iran, many people prefer to use it to iphone. a lot of stores started to sell BB z10 and many seller said iphone placement will replaced by BB z10. but after 1 month many customers returning their Z10s and they wanted to sell it with cheaper price.They said all services was blocked in iran. it was not possible to update BB OS, you can't to buy applicaions from app store, you can't to use BB email,BBM ,.... . Many buyer complained that the GPRS is deactive by BB and wifi disconnected continual by BB sever. so the BB services that you can use iran is equal to Nokia 1100.
    Itunes and google play also have been closed their services to iranians. However, a lot of way exists to use their service . For example by changing IP, using VPN or rooting ( or jailbreaking) mobile phones you can access ti itunes. so BB will lost a great market in the world. I read a news about returning BB z10 in usa. If BB had official service and store in iran (similar to samsung,LG,sony), they would sold more than 1 million smart phone in iran.
    The focus of the sanctions has been on Iran's banks and oil industry, Iranian individuals and companies that Western capitals believe are assisting what they suspect is Tehran's drive towards a nuclear weapons capability. However I belived that eventhough sanctions made a lot of problem for iranians in iran, a lot of problem also has been made for western companies such as BB which interest to be iran market.

at the end I have some suggestion for BB company, If they want to sell their mobile phones in iran:
    1. please let iranians install application from app world and let get updates (do not fear!! no body use them for nuclear prog ram )
    2. please add persian keyboard to your os (you can add 5 letter to arabic keyboard to convert it to persian, it is not difficult).
    3. please add the name of iran to your country lists and let us to register in your website.
    4. find a local distributor in iran and import your device legal. government give importer companies dollar with cheaper price, so company can sell smartphones with lower price in iran.

Mohammad
    I'm in North America where it is our right to use communication devices! Why does Iran block bb access, and usage!? It's so dumb I don't understand!? *shakes head*

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    Saeed Asadi likes this.
    06-01-13 09:33 AM
    Im iranian and half filipino.. i have both western style education and known history of Iran. And im planning to go to dubai in 2months to work!

Nuff said!

Since its out of topic.. i shared my thoughts.. lol!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 02:18 AM
    According to Mashable:
    Users in Iran can now freely access the Google Play store inside the country after a block was mysteriously lifted on Tuesday.

In August 2013, after the United States eased sanctions on computer technologies against Iran, Google announced that it would make apps available through its store in Iran. But the government blocked access to the Google Play store shortly after.
    But on Tuesday, many Iranians began talking on Twitter around 4:30 p.m. local time about the ability to successfully download apps through Google Play (Twitter has been blocked in Iran since 2009, but many have found ways to circumvent the ban). Mashable has independently confirmed that the Google Play website is freely accessible inside the country and users can download applications
    It's unclear why the Google Play store is now suddenly available in Iran. Google did not immediately respond to Mashable's requests for comment, and Google Play is not included in the company's transparency report, where it publishes censorship information. Iran, moreover, has a history of unblocking sites without notice — then blocking them again.

It could simply be a glitch in Iran's censorship system. Last year, the government unblocked Facebook and Twitter in the country, but only because of a technical issue.

In the hours since the first Iranian users reported having access to the store, Google Play has been intermittently inaccessible from a computer inside the country. Different users have reported different behaviors, such as the store not displaying an app's screenshots, or only being able to connect to its website with Firefox, not Google Chrome.

Collin Anderson, an independent Internet researcher who focuses on Iran, said the unblocking is probably a failure of Iran's censorship system, commonly known as the "Filternet."

"The filtering apparatus fails often with different results, as a result of testing, upgrades or errors," Anderson told Mashable. "The Play store was made available by Google nearly a year ago, but blocked due to the amount of circumvention and privacy tools hosted there; this has not changed and the local options have taken off. While there is evidence that the Rouhani administration has loosened some censorship on international news platform,
    Nariman Gharib, an Iranian Internet researched based in London, echoed Anderson's words.
    "It's very soon to say whether Google Play was unblocked by the Iranian government or Google removed the sanction — or if it's a glitch," Gharib told Mashable. "But the important thing is Google Play is accessible in Iran, which lets users install apps directly from a safe source and update their apps for critical security updates" that users in Iran cannot do otherwise.
    Saeed Asadi likes this.
    06-27-14 03:51 PM
    Weren't we supposed to talk about Iran and BlackBerry?
    I guess I got lost in the thread!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    07-02-14 05:55 AM
    " THE GOAL IS TO STOP ROGUE NATIONS FROM GETTING ANY MORE DANGEROUS " I think even every child of this world knows the name of the GREAT NATION who is the first to use NUCLEAR POWER on innocent civilians . In short I want to say nuclear weapons should be destroyed completely from this planet , you can't take the advantage of a great and big nation to use it , if you have it You don't have the right to stop others. WE WANT A 100% NUCLEAR WEAPON FREE WORLD.
    Have you tried iGrann? It's a native Instagram client. It works really well on my z10. I wish it had headless support but the developer says that's coming soon.

I still have the android version installed along with iGrann. Since they both do separate things better than the other. These days I'm using the Android version more but I'm sure that will change when iGrann goes headless!! What do you think??

Posted via CB10. Over my carrier's data connection due to "Limited WiFi"
    Saeed Asadi likes this.
    07-02-14 07:51 AM
    That's enough politics.
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    07-02-14 08:55 AM