Apple has a problem, and despite the fact that a fix will rectify, it's time for companies to abandon apple and switch hardware to BB10!!!!!

Yet a brand new BB is released after 2 years of hype, with loads of problems/missing features..... the advice is to sit it out and wait for updates that'll hopfully come when the device matures.

The dual standards in this place sicken me sometimes, what's wrong with a bit of objectivity. "iSheep" ? Jesus.
    First off, what "problems and missing features" are you speaking about? Next you are comparing a device that isn't even out in the US yet to a device that has had months to fix their bugs. You can't have objectivity about something that isn't out yet.
    DeeLishusOne likes this.
    02-14-13 06:33 AM
    Well, that's what you get for using a toy to do a real smartphones job.
    You might be surprised how many business features the iPhone has now (not to mention apps). There are plenty of things I miss from my 9900, but my 4S does the trick in most cases
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    02-14-13 07:20 AM
    Between that little issue and this one we'll see what IT managers start thinking about iPhones:

iPhone lockscreen can be bypassed with new iOS 6.1 trick | The Verge

We also had Exchange issues with our iPhone users start popping up. BlackBerry users just keep chugging along though...
    Superfly_FR, meganVee and Jake2826 like this.
    02-14-13 08:18 AM
    This will have zero impact, absolutely zero.
    People like their iPhones, even if enterprise takes away access, people will complain until they get it back.
    BlackBerry Just needs to make sexy unique devices that people want to buy and Enterprise will follow.
    Honesty rooting for Apple to fail is just so petty, it brings out the worst in this community.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 08:50 AM
    This will have zero impact, absolutely zero.
    People like their iPhones, even if enterprise takes away access, people will complain until they get it back.
    BlackBerry Just needs to make sexy unique devices that people want to buy and Enterprise will follow.
    Honesty rooting for Apple to fail is just so petty, it brings out the worst in this community.

I agree with everything but your last comment. Apple has issues with their devices in terms of enterprise support, and now in terms of security. These are two glaring holes they need to fix. And yes, again, they WILL fix it. The timing of these is actually GOOD for BlackBerry. That isnt rooting for them to fail, it is stating a fact. The BlackBerry 10 devices are set to launch in the US shortly, Apple is having issues and will have to patch two different issues both related to the enterprise in one fashion or another. The more widespread this news becomes, the more likely IT departments will LOOK at BlackBerry and the BlackBerry security model. That in and of itself is a huge step in the right direction for BlackBerry.
    02-14-13 08:54 AM
    We got an iSheep here. See when problems like this happen, people will remember BB and say to themselves, "we never had this problem with our old blackberry's."
    Yeah I have an iPhone 5 at the moment, but I ordered Z10 today.

I really hope that Z10 is as good as it looks and sounds (I really like the whole-gesture-based-UI, like I did with Nokia N9). I'm not a Apple fan, but I hate Android devices, and WP8 is just so marginal that I ditched it after one month and went back to my iPhone5, mostly because it was the only available smartphone that our company provides. I live in Finland and Blackberry has never been big here, i really hope it changes with the BB10.

BB10 got the potential to bring back the BB glory
    Superfly_FR, sugbo and Jake2826 like this.
    02-14-13 09:07 AM
    This is why you implement something like Good of BES..consistency with security and cross platform functionality. Opening up your mail server and corporate data to every tom, ****, and harry device is asking for trouble in a variety of different areas.
    02-14-13 09:13 AM
    Apple has a problem, and despite the fact that a fix will rectify, it's time for companies to abandon apple and switch hardware to BB10!!!!!

Yet a brand new BB is released after 2 years of hype, with loads of problems/missing features..... the advice is to sit it out and wait for updates that'll hopfully come when the device matures.

The dual standards in this place sicken me sometimes, what's wrong with a bit of objectivity. "iSheep" ? Jesus.
    Ummm... If you are talking about how Z10 as that device, LOL. z10 is a great phone

02-14-13 09:14 AM

"Loads of problems/missing features"... On what planet is that?

And as far as any double standard goes, remember what forum you're on. There's still plenty of objectivity here.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    02-14-13 09:58 AM
    In the meantime @bloomberg says the iwatch will be the next big thing. #givemeabreak
    I don't even know anyone that wears a watch anymore, its all cellphones for time now a days! I haven't worn a watch since i was 12 and I'm 27 now... iWatch=fail!
    meganVee likes this.
    02-14-13 10:09 AM
    I don't even know anyone that wears a watch anymore, its all cellphones for time now a days! I haven't worn a watch since i was 12 and I'm 27 now... iWatch=fail!
    I doubt it. It's going to be so "innovative" that everyone will start wearing one.

But whenever I get a chance I'll have to remind people, Sony did it first...
    meganVee and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-14-13 10:20 AM
    Huges sales? lol
    Enyigma likes this.
    02-14-13 10:26 AM
    Apple products sell very very well. They make excellent physical designs with an almost painfully easy UI. This in and of itself appeals to many many people. Smart watches have been around for some time, but never were big.
    02-14-13 11:04 AM
    Ya, I am not looking forward to another screen that people can look at when I am trying to talk to them.

02-14-13 12:14 PM
    sorry but all these companies aren't just going to turn around and by BES10 tomorrow
    02-14-13 12:21 PM
    Why would a company who already purchased 1,000's of iPhones suddenly switch to BB10 because of a software glitch that is already being fixed? If a company decides to outfit all their employees w/ iPhones there is a huge investment that takes place, they aren't going to bail over something like this.
    02-14-13 12:36 PM
    Why would a company who already purchased 1,000's of iPhones suddenly switch to BB10 because of a software glitch that is already being fixed? If a company decides to outfit all their employees w/ iPhones there is a huge investment that takes place, they aren't going to bail over something like this.
    A company like Home Depot likely would not, there is very little they could lose most likely. A government or large corporation that relies on the security of their devices might. It is about a cost benefit analysis right? So does the potential loss come in higher or lower than the cost to switch. In theory, they would have zero up front cost to move to BB10 devices. I am sure BB/the carrier would wave any device cost for 10k users. And since the devices can be managed (at a minimum) via ActiveSync, it would be the same there too.
    02-14-13 12:39 PM
    A company like Home Depot likely would not, there is very little they could lose most likely. A government or large corporation that relies on the security of their devices might. It is about a cost benefit analysis right? So does the potential loss come in higher or lower than the cost to switch. In theory, they would have zero up front cost to move to BB10 devices. I am sure BB/the carrier would wave any device cost for 10k users. And since the devices can be managed (at a minimum) via ActiveSync, it would be the same there too.
    Even if they waived the costs you still have the costs associated with the company's decision to go all iPhone originally. I'm not talking about BYOD companies but one that outfits all their employees w/ a certain phone. Beyond the phones they have to outfit all their IT equipment to accommodate the iOs eco system, and if they go a step further and outfit their company w/ Macs and/or iPads you have an even bigger cost of switching. A government or corp that relies heavily on security is probably still using BB7 and are likely to stick w/ BB anyway. This thread was aimed at companies that are already outfitted w/ iPhones, I just don't see the cost of switching BB to outweigh the small inconvenience of a software glitch.
    02-14-13 12:59 PM
    Even if they waived the costs you still have the costs associated with the company's decision to go all iPhone originally. I'm not talking about BYOD companies but one that outfits all their employees w/ a certain phone. Beyond the phones they have to outfit all their IT equipment to accommodate the iOs eco system, and if they go a step further and outfit their company w/ Macs and/or iPads you have an even bigger cost of switching. A government or corp that relies heavily on security is probably still using BB7 and are likely to stick w/ BB anyway. This thread was aimed at companies that are already outfitted w/ iPhones, I just don't see the cost of switching BB to outweigh the small inconvenience of a software glitch.
    There is a cost there yes, but keep in mind that Home Depot HAD BlackBerry already. That means they had BES, they had CALs. All of this transfers over as well. The cost to switch AWAY would be many many times higher than going back. As long as they had even a remotely decent records keeping system. Also carriers are very likely helping with the deployment of devices, and as long as they remain subscribers, would do the same (without charge) to issue the BB10 devices.
    02-14-13 01:48 PM
    Ya, I am not looking forward to another screen that people can look at when I am trying to talk to them.

Pebble is aqesome as it os.

So everyone here yhinks that companies are going to buy bes10 licences tomorrow because iphone has a bug?

Companies will just start to block different versions of ips if there are bugs.

And remember z10 is buggy too, its not a god or a savior
    02-14-13 02:09 PM
    Pebble is aqesome as it os.

So everyone here yhinks that companies are going to buy bes10 licences tomorrow because iphone has a bug?

Companies will just start to block different versions of ips if there are bugs.

And remember z10 is buggy too, its not a god or a savior
    Anyone who is looking for a bug free OS or update is going to be looking for an eternity. They all have defects and all upgrades introduce defects. Too many variances of use in the world and not enough time to think of all test cases to identify all potential bugs, nor resources to fix all potential bugs.

All companies do the same thing: they run tests (some manual some automated) to identify as many bugs as they can; then they triage so that the most serious bugs or the bugs that impact the most people get fixed.

Some bugs slip through and then the question becomes how quickly will the defect be fixed. Anyone actually believe Tim Cook isn't asking for updates on when this issue will be addressed?
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-14-13 02:31 PM
    Ummm... If you are talking about how Z10 as that device, LOL. z10 is a great phone

it is flawed atm though

Missing features are a reality.
    Blackberry Bridge for one.
    Custom LED is also a big deal for me, although not a deal breaker.
    i would rather not have to get an app.

But these things are fixable, much like the Apple bug, which i think the point was.
    02-14-13 02:43 PM
    If Apple doesn't fix it quickly this will present an opportunity to any of its competitors. aka Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry. Failing to acknowledge this is silly.

I just laugh at the BYOD support staffs that are taking it in the rear with stuff like this.....I have my bosses ear at the very least I know we will never go Apple....
    02-14-13 02:47 PM
    I don't think anyone is gloating. People have been non-stop cheering on BBs death so I wouldn't be surprised if they did though.

This is definitely a huge issue and couldnt come at a worse time for apple. Obviously though the media will mostly sweep this under the rug and they'll push some other story for the day (Ballsillie devesting his shares in Dec). But corporations will take notice.

When mistakes like this happen corporations lose big money. Remember how big a deal it was when BIS when down in Europe for 2 days (and it wasn't even BES!). Apples been faultering for a while now. It may be hard to see now but they are right in the middle of taking a huge dive. That 200+ dollar stock drop wasn't for nothing. Their last stronghold is the US and if they can't win over corporations there they are in for some trouble. The market is way more segmented than what apple is prepared for. One phone for everybody is a flawed plan in the long term although I'm impressed how much they got out of it, although that can make the fall that much harder. What we are seeing now is their demise or fall from the top. They'll still be around, they have enough cash and fans to keep them going but they are putting themselves into the position BBs been working on for a few years to get themselves out of. The only thing is I do not see them making the changes RIM and now BB have been making to turn things around.
    carlyincanada and lynxs_claw like this.
    02-14-13 03:07 PM
    isnt this just an ipod nano with a strap like they already make? lol, way to put a new label on an old product and sell it for double.
    Andrew4life and meganVee like this.
    02-14-13 03:08 PM
206 1234 ...