Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree289Likes
    Banned

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default iPhones being shut down by corporations could = Blackberry 10, Z10 HUGE SALES! Spread the word!

I'm puzzled how this isn't national/worldwide news? iPhone iOS 6.1 is causing network traffic increases and problems in many corporations. Many are shutting down access to the servers if you have and Apple product with 6.1. My company, which has 10s of thousands of employees, emailed us yesterday and told us no iPhone access to corporate calendars, etc. This is an amazing opportunity for Blackberry 10. Perfect timing. Screw the lousy 10K Home Depot phones, this could sell millions of Blackberries!! Will you please help spread the word.

AOL is the first I heard of it.
    AOL shutting down meeting service due to iOS 6.1 issues - TodaysiPhone.com

This is on ars today
    Microsoft suggests fix for iOS 6.1/Exchange problem: Block iPhone users | Ars Technica
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    3hb78ftg (02-13-2013),  Bobcat665 (02-14-2013),  Cesare21 (02-17-2013),  DuexNoir (02-14-2013),  hondok9 (02-14-2013),  Jake2826 (02-15-2013),  lynxs_claw (02-17-2013),  mzceetee (02-15-2013),  recompile (02-14-2013),  thekidshop (02-15-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-13-2013),  zclash (02-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Apple definitely got some bad publicity with this issue, but companies are not ready to bail on them quite yet. They already has a software update fix in the works for this. It's helpful to spread the word about BB10, but lets not gloat over the technical problem that is occurring with Apple.

Apple Will Release Fix For iOS 6.1 Microsoft Exchange Bug | TechCrunch
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    PIN
    Oh look...tools. Now I can fix the infractions that I've been given.

iPhones being shut down by corporations could = Blackberry 10, Z10 HUGE SALES! Spread the word!-smashed-iphone.jpg

that's one way to disable an iphone
    lol
    MePiikan...You shall not be forgotten.

CrackBerry BadBoy

Community Rules & Guidelines
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,048 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhones being shut down by corporations could = Blackberry 10, Z10 HUGE SALES! Spread the word!

So true. If this was BB it would be all over the front pages.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

the enterprise market is really hard to please, eh?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winter_hat View Post
    I'm puzzled how this isn't national/worldwide news? iPhone iOS 6.1 is causing network traffic increases and problems in many corporations. Many are shutting down access to the servers if you have and Apple product with 6.1. My company, which has 10s of thousands of employees, emailed us yesterday and told us no iPhone access to corporate calendars, etc. This is an amazing opportunity for Blackberry 10. Perfect timing. Screw the lousy 10K Home Depot phones, this could sell millions of Blackberries!! Will you please help spread the word.

AOL is the first I heard of it.
    AOL shutting down meeting service due to iOS 6.1 issues - TodaysiPhone.com

This is on ars today
    Microsoft suggests fix for iOS 6.1/Exchange problem: Block iPhone users | Ars Technica
    Probably because Apple is not named BlackBerry. Apple can do nothing wrong
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    Banned

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by web99 View Post
    Apple definitely got some bad publicity with this issue, but companies are not ready to bail on them quite yet. They already has a software update fix in the works for this. It's helpful to spread the word about BB10, but lets not gloat over the technical problem that is occurring with Apple.

Um, anyone who chose iPhone for BYOD at my company (group of companies) is being blocked from access to the email/calendar server. I don't know about a fix in the works, but yesterday, today, and for the foreseeable future, they can not use their 'business' phone for business.
    Thanked by 3:
    Cesare21 (02-17-2013),  jarrodmeyer (02-15-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winter_hat View Post
    Um, anyone who chose iPhone for BYOD at my company (group of companies) is being blocked from access to the email/calendar server. I don't know about a fix in the works, but yesterday, today, and for the foreseeable future, they can not use their 'business' phone for business.
    might have to get some Z10s kicking
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    meganVee and carlyincanada like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,817 Global Posts

Anyone with a fark account, please submit this. headline:
    IPhones for "business use" blocked from being used for "business use". BYOD fail
    CrackBerry Addict

Of course, this headline has not made it to the main stream media but BB pulling out of Japan for good reason ( .03 market share ) is every where...

Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

This.

BB10 doesn't need Apple to screw up in order to succeed. Mind you, it doesn't hurt, either...

"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    CrackBerry Abuser

this isnt the first time IOS has done something like this to exchange.
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

@bloomberg says there is nothing to see here. Corporate users are simply holding it the wrong way!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    @bloomberg says there is nothing to see here. Corporate users are simply holding it the wrong way!
    LMAO!!!
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

In the meantime @bloomberg says the iwatch will be the next big thing. #givemeabreak
    Thanked by 2:
    19GhostRider71 (02-14-2013),  bigbmc26 (02-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: iPhones being shut down by corporations could = Blackberry 10, Z10 HUGE SALES! Spread the word!

ahhhh this explains it. My IT guy just told me today my z10 wasn't allowed on the network either - said it was an unsupported and untested device. Mumbled something about iOS 6.1 giving them issues. looks like he was watching the logs and saw mine.

the funny thing is, he didn't say anything about my playbook or the fact that I had my droid connected for more than a year. only said droids were "different" whatever that means. :thumbdown:
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well, that's what you get for using a toy to do a real smartphones job.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Oh well...time to wake up.

Yeah there is a problem with the iOS 6.1 and exchange, so freaking what? There is already a fix in the works.

This will not help BB to archive more corporate customers, just wake up. Most of the biggest firms have already ditched BB, and it's not anything like a snap of fingers them to take BBs back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by inffy View Post

Yeah there is a problem with the iOS 6.1 and exchange, so freaking what? There is already a fix in the works.

This will not help BB to archive more corporate customers, just wake up. Most of the biggest firms have already ditched BB, and it's not anything like a snap of fingers them to take BBs back.
    We got an iSheep here. See when problems like this happen, people will remember BB and say to themselves, "we never had this problem with our old blackberry's."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Apple has a problem, and despite the fact that a fix will rectify, it's time for companies to abandon apple and switch hardware to BB10!!!!!

Yet a brand new BB is released after 2 years of hype, with loads of problems/missing features..... the advice is to sit it out and wait for updates that'll hopfully come when the device matures.

The dual standards in this place sicken me sometimes, what's wrong with a bit of objectivity. "iSheep" ? Jesus.
    PROVIDER: OrangeUK
    meganVee, pillswoj and Jonny-R like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

you guess what...nobody is perfect....
    lorax1284 likes this.

Global Posts
    9,746 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

This is now becoming a pattern with Apple, they have had issues with EAS and calendar in the past. I have zero doubt they will come out with a fix, and zero doubt it will then work as intended, Apple is good about fixing their issues. The one thing that will hurt them, the longer this goes on, the more it happens, and the longer the devices are being used in a corporate environment, the more IT departments will be looking elsewhere to avoid having to deal with issues like this. What is the point of having a business mobile communications device if your calendar doesn't work? You are then left with a glorified two way pager until the fix can be implemented.

RIM/BB cannot count on these things to happen, they can however benefit from this. The timing is perfect.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts

Default iPhones being shut down by corporations could = Blackberry 10, Z10 HUGE SALES! Spread the word!

Can you please name these "largest firms" you speak of? I'm pretty sure that when it comes to corporate BB still holds the crown. I'm sure you'll mention ICE with their proposal to switch to iphones. But guess you didn't read where they were testing BES10 and Z10s. Meh. Whatevs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    rotorwrench and Cesare21 like this.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

"Experiment first, we'll patch later" ... Steve must flip in his grave.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

"Yeah there is a problem with the iOS 6.1 and exchange, so freaking what?"
    see my previous post. Unacceptable in business environment.

"Most of the biggest firms have already ditched BB"
    are you kidding ? source please. Help ? tick here : http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...012/full_list/
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast