Well. let's hope the hype on iOS 7 willl not bring disappointment just like when iPhone5 comes up.

Because the bigger the hype the higher the expectation. Which also happen to BBZ10 where people want magical things but do not want to change to get it.
    The iPhone 5 sold a ton of devices, it didn't disappoint many.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    06-23-13 11:05 PM
    As far as hardware goes, of course Apple wins. The quality of material they use, and the precision with which they build them makes the iPhone "Better", in that sense.

But OS-wise, BB10 is a better user experience. Until IOS needs no buttons, and is quicker to get the basic functions of a phone completed, I say it's not as good.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:15 PM
    You can't blame the people who paid a lot of money for their iPhone, with an old operating system, lack of features and expandability to start trolling on the forum.

They probably bought the phone because they wanted to look cool..and everybody else has an iPhone so this must be good.

You can't blame those who don't even know that when apple was building mp3 players, Blackberry was already bringing email to there communication device's.

Every iPhone user who is charging his phone using a usb port probably doesn't know that it's a blackberry patent.

Don't blame those that Need apps due to lack of decent browser support. The can't do without.

So don't Blame those that just don't know!

posted using my wonderful Z10. More than just an ipod with a cellular option!

Posted via CB10
    You speak as if all apps are web launchers (I can see why one would think that considering bb app world is filled with them). You bring up email, iOS has caught up to blackberry in that area, and surpassed them other areas (hence why blackberry is playing catchup). Who cares who owns the patent on USB ports? Lack of features? Bb10 is pretty much bare bones right now...A lot of the features that built the blackberry brand are absent(as of now).

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    06-23-13 11:17 PM
    Ignorance is bliss!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    dannejanne likes this.
    06-23-13 11:25 PM
    As far as hardware goes, of course Apple wins. The quality of material they use, and the precision with which they build them makes the iPhone "Better", in that sense.

But OS-wise, BB10 is a better user experience. Until IOS needs no buttons, and is quicker to get the basic functions of a phone completed, I say it's not as good.

Posted via CB10
    All things being equal I would agree. The overall experience is better. However two things hobble blackberry right now. Some pretty serious bugs coupled with a very long and unpredictable release schedule.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 03:58 PM
    You bring up email, iOS has caught up to blackberry in that area, and surpassed them other areas (hence why blackberry is playing catchup).
    What? Anyone who is in his right mind says that the native email-application on iOS is just one big mess. So what do they do? They use the Gmail-App, as most of them are on Gmail anyway. So either they use Gmail over an additional app provided by Google or they use an icloud-adress provided by the same company that has built their phone and OS. In other words: the iPhone is good at Gmail via an official Google-app and also good at icloud provided by its manufacturer. SURPRISE SURPRISE.

Meanwhile as BBRY hasn't its own cloud-service or email-service, BB10 tries to manage a multitude of services from foreign companies via their own native applications, as those companies doesn't provide any apps. So WHO the *F* has the tougher task? Considering all circumstances I think BBRY does a pretty good job at dancing on all those weddings at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 03:41 AM
    I don't know about the hacking risk. You see lots of potential hypothetical scenarios raised, but can anyone point to a story where key information was stolen from an iPhone where someone managed to hack its security?

iOS is definitely quite rock solid in terms of overall stability. Moreso than my Z10 in my recent experience (honestly, PlayBook is as well). BB really needs to get that reboot fixing update out the door.

But anyone who thinks iOS doesn't have its own set of annoying little defects too ...

I have land to sell you in Florida. I'll drive you to it in my car that the iPhone randomly becomes "unsupported" on. I'll bring my Apple TV and you can watch part movies from the phone on it with AirPlay ... when it works. You can log into Hotel WiFi with it and watch the login screens go glitchy. You can watch iTunes randomly not connect to it. You can see the app store start to update and then randomly stall with "updating" icons all over the home screen etc.
    An iPhone with key information??

Lol joking, sorta

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 04:36 AM
    Its important to note that BB10 was announced a few months ago! If you read up on what features were added to each update of iOS (or Android, for that matter) on Wikipedia, you'll see that they were bare bones at one time, too & had to grow & add features over the span of years. iOS has had time to season, tweak, and figure out what works for their OS. BlackBerry has barely had a fighting chance. Is the iPhone 5 better than the Z10? In terms of season & features tailored to its fan base, yes. But the Z10 is the new kid on the block. This is the opportunity to tailor its features to its fan base.

A lot of people don't want to admit how long it took for Android to become what it is today (when its only competition was a young iOS & an almost outdated BB7). Today, BlackBerry has to compete against seasoned iOS, seasoned Android, and WP8!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    06-27-13 08:58 AM
    Media will always say apple better then anything in the world.

Cause it is an American product just like Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford and whatever else crap the USA makes.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want to get banned but it isn't US products that are crap. But the opinions of people often are!!
    06-27-13 09:07 AM
    Interesting considering some highly respected "foreign" products are sometimes entirely made in the United States. Honda anyone?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:19 AM
    'better'? I'm afraid you'll have to elaborate. Is Mercedes 'better' than BMW? Sausage 'better' than bacon? Who doesn't know someone who hardly uses their phone? I do & they claim their phone is better because the battery lasts a month on their 10 phone. There is no 'better'. There is only preference and need.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 10:53 AM
    Its important to note that BB10 was announced a few months ago! If you read up on what features were added to each update of iOS (or Android, for that matter) on Wikipedia, you'll see that they were bare bones at one time, too & had to grow & add features over the span of years. iOS has had time to season, tweak, and figure out what works for their OS. BlackBerry has barely had a fighting chance. Is the iPhone 5 better than the Z10? In terms of season & features tailored to its fan base, yes. But the Z10 is the new kid on the block. This is the opportunity to tailor its features to its fan base.

A lot of people don't want to admit how long it took for Android to become what it is today (when its only competition was a young iOS & an almost outdated BB7). Today, BlackBerry has to compete against seasoned iOS, seasoned Android, and WP8!
    While the last part is true, that was then and then select is now. Besides BB10 has been in development since way before the pb was released which is over 2 years ago so it should be better than the others when starting out since they have plenty of examples. You can also wp8 is new and not seasoned.
    06-27-13 11:02 AM
    While the last part is true, that was then and then select is now. Besides BB10 has been in development since way before the pb was released which is over 2 years ago so it should be better than the others when starting out since they have plenty of examples. You can also wp8 is new and not seasoned.

You have to realize that the only way to do full field testing is to get the product in the field. I'm sure the developers added all the features they thought efficient into the OS. They had to get the product into users' hands to realize what they needed to add/tweek/fix/replace. As an end-user, of course I'm looking at it like "why didn't they do that from the start" but as a developer, they can only see things from a different light. Its up to us to provide feedback.

But on the upside, they are pushing out updates fairly quickly & fixing the problems we caught on to. Gotta give em credit for that.

I do think you're right though. "if you're gonna be late to the ball game, you gotta come in swinging". That's esp. true in this unforgiving American market!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-13 03:08 PM
    As of thorstein heinz speech on June 28, YES ios is much much better then bb10. At least ios is going somewhere by a company that listens to its customers

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:22 AM
    I love the notification LED which iphone 5 does have.
    06-30-13 09:15 PM
    As of thorstein heinz speech on June 28, YES ios is much much better then bb10. At least ios is going somewhere by a company that listens to its customers

Posted via CB10
    I don't think apple listens to its customers.
    06-30-13 10:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree about the build quality. The z10 looks and feels much better in my hand. Matter of opinion, though.

At least you got the indisputable fact able the OS right!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:11 PM
    What? Anyone who is in his right mind says that the native email-application on iOS is just one big mess. So what do they do? They use the Gmail-App, as most of them are on Gmail anyway. So either they use Gmail over an additional app provided by Google or they use an icloud-adress provided by the same company that has built their phone and OS. In other words: the iPhone is good at Gmail via an official Google-app and also good at icloud provided by its manufacturer. SURPRISE SURPRISE.

Meanwhile as BBRY hasn't its own cloud-service or email-service, BB10 tries to manage a multitude of services from foreign companies via their own native applications, as those companies doesn't provide any apps. So WHO the *F* has the tougher task? Considering all circumstances I think BBRY does a pretty good job at dancing on all those weddings at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    Really? It's just a phone dude. Relax.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:01 AM
    What really cracks me up is that people are saying that this phone, the Z10, is crap because of the battery being at 1800 mah. Well, no one ever talks about the Iphone 5S non-removable battery being at 1560 mah. Even though Apple may make a product that everyone likes for some reason that I do not no seeing how they are so overpriced for what you are getting, I still would rather go with a Z10 because the first time I used a BB was the Blackberry Curve from Verizon and I fell in love.

Android, in all its variants, etc is a good OS but even on the higher specd phones it remains laggy and still hiccups in it. People never talk about how when Android or IOS hit the market that the app store wasnt all it was cracked up to be but they sure point that out with Blackberry App World. For the BB app world, it seems to me that Blackberry chose their apps very carefully and based upon what people in the real world use on a regular basis and those are in there or can be ported over very easily. What other phone out there allows you to port over apps from another OS - NONE! Blackberry is the only one allowing that and that is awesome that they have decided to do that.

Out of all the reviews I hear between the Iphone 5S and Z10, here is what I hear. Z10 keyboard is awesome, browser is awesome, the speed and fluidity of the OS is superb, camera takes good pictures but its a bad phone because of the apps. Now, I would rather have a phone that can make phone calls, do emails, texts etc than have a ton of applications but sadly, that is what people go by in buying a phone it seems - how many apps does it have - sad. Having all those variations of the same app or even having 10,000 fart and siren apps are so much better than having a phone that works and works very well
    09-29-13 11:11 PM
194 ... 678