So I received my iPhone 5S last week and had a chance to play with it while I was on a temp. ban here. After play with IOS 7, I've come to realize that for me personally, the iPhone was always the better suited phone. Although, I gave BB a shot when the Z10 first came out, there were too many things that went wrong for me that forced me to go back to iPhone.

Both phones have advantages and thought how I personally felt each of them were:

iPhone 5s advantages:
    1) Apps, apps, apps. If you can think of one, it probably exists. Mobile sites are not a replacement for apps. They are slow and laggy. And being able to record a TV show on my PVR with my iPhone while I'm out, well that's just awesome.
    2) Having my device sync properly with my Macbook and not having duplicate songs or duplicate photos is the way it should be. BB Link was an absolute disaster and has never worked from day one.
    3) Contacts behave normally. They don't disappear or duplicate themselves. And contact birthdays are correct as opposed to having two different birthdays associated to the same account.
    4) Fingerprint login. I like being able to unlock my phone with my thumb. And I'm not worried if the NSA can hack into my phone and steal my biometrics. I have a NEXUS pass so my fingerprint and retinas are already with the US government.
    5) The countless number of accessories that are compatible with the phone.
    6) iCloud. I like being able to enter stuff in the calendar or notes app on my Macbook and have them wirelessly sync with my Iphone. Not sure if BB had something like that but I never bothered looking.

Z10 advantages:
    1) The hub. This is definitely something I will miss. I don't like having to go into different programs to check different messages. IMO, this is the only truly innovative feature BB has come up with in the last 6 years.
    2) Screen size. Although only 0.3 inches larger than the iPhone, it's still bigger and I think 4.3" is the perfect size for a screen.
    3) Microusb charger. I don't like the fact I'm tied to Apple's expensive lightning cables.
    4) Expandable memory.

The rest of the features that the Z10 has and iPhone doesn't is not a big deal to me. (ie. removable battery)

So in the end, I think the iPhone is the right phone for me personally. I'm not so angry anymore whenever logging into Crackberry. I sold my Z10 for $300 but I will still visit the CB forums because I'm a fan of Crackberry, not necessarily the recent crop of BB phones.
    10-08-13 07:17 AM
    Good for you ,i am happy with my Z10 and love it,but i respect your opinion as every individual has his or her preference in choosing a device.
    But definitely you will miss the multitasking thing ??
    10-08-13 07:23 AM
    Nice, I hope you enjoy your new phone,
    I've enjoyed reading your comments on here, some have been absolutely hilarious, I mean that in a good way.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, TMSoCB, edriss and 1 others like this.
    10-08-13 07:24 AM
    Regardless of the comments you will probably receive from a few, it's about what works best for you- regardless of the platform. My Z10 works best for me and that's what matters for me. For the record, I'm not pro-Blackberry or pro-Apple....I'm "pro-get-your-moneys'-worth". Notice the word...your.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 10-08-13 at 01:58 PM.
    10-08-13 08:06 AM
    OP, it is always about what phone works best for you and I sincerely hope you enjoy your iPhone. I love the Z10 - that works best for me. My SG tablet fills the apps gap.
    10-08-13 08:12 AM
    Different strokes for different folks. Go with whatever suits you and never worry about the opinions of others. Don't be a stranger though.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-08-13 08:14 AM
    My wife had a similar expirience, the other way around. Her sister and daughter nagged her to get an iphone so they would be onthe same platform, use same apps, etc. but six months later she is using the Q10. Not completely happy with it but has had a few oportunities to switch back and didn't. good luck.
    10-08-13 08:15 AM
    I hope that you enjoy your iPhone, at the end of the day the only opinion that matters as to who has the best phone and software is the end consumer.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:16 AM
    IF the program is BlackBerry 10 native. It will be much much better than iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:22 AM
    Well, If IPhone works for you then that's good.
    10-08-13 08:27 AM
    I actually have both...iPhone 5s and Z10....y fight it...have the best of both worlds...expecially now with the z10 price dropping...its just too tuff to pick...so I said get them both

Posted via CB10
    dannykavs and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-08-13 08:27 AM
    The OP makes some good points here. I've been a BB user since 05 and will probably always be one. Contacts on my BB10 was a nigthmare and I think thats just because of all the other accounts that i tried to link up with the contacts, like faceboo, twitter, linkedin. I like that feature, but it did become a nightmare for me. BB link was crap when BB10 has launched. It's much better now, but there is always room for improvement.

As for sync, I personally have 2 microsoft exchange emails so my emails/contacts/calendar and notes are always sync'd between my phone and computer.

Also BB has the backup feature with box for your pics and videos. I actually prefer the backup feature than a sync feature. Like if you delete a photo/video by accident, it's still up on box.
    howards likes this.
    10-08-13 08:30 AM
    Its none of my business why you were banned, but I wish everyone could express themselves in the same calm, forthright, civil, and even-handed manner as you have. Thanks for your thoughts, and (I can't resist) well-played (mister) sir ;-)
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-08-13 08:55 AM
    (...) But definitely you will miss the multitasking thing ??
    Is it not a little evil question?

@OP: good for you you found the phone that suits your needs. I could not get used to iPhone, but I did not give it much chance to be honest. And ever since I retired my ol' good SE k800i I've been using BBs
    10-08-13 08:55 AM
    6) iCloud. I like being able to enter stuff in the calendar or notes app on my Macbook and have them wirelessly sync with my Iphone. Not sure if BB had something like that but I never bothered looking.

i have my calendar app on w8 synced with my z10 through live. doesn't have the cryCloud name, but it works the same.
    10-08-13 08:56 AM
    I have never been a BBerry "fan" (Z10 is my first BBerry), nor owned an iPhone. However, my son has, and has since he was small. Our family has equal number of MAC and Windows computers. Since I do not get the endless need for apps; must have removable SD; must have a replaceable battery (and on T-Mo, must have wifi-calling) the iPhone makes no sense for me. In other words, rather than being the most versatile phone, from my POV, it is the least. And, honestly -- and this is a highly subjective and actually political perspective -- I detest Apple's marketing practices. From locking down the early iPhones (ant-trust case pending against them on this), to price fixing on e-reader downloads, which is right up there next to book burning. Friends who write apps for iPhone also find them more then willing to lock out apps which compete with their own. Which may also be a violation of the Sherman Anti Trust act.
    10-08-13 08:56 AM
    Well... that are really not advantages. If you are using macbook theb quite obviously iphone will be better than anything. The rest seem quite meaningless to me.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-08-13 08:58 AM
    Thank you for the kind words everybody and for not beating me with the hard end of a Playbook rapid charger.

Couple of other things I forgot to mention about the Z10 that I miss is the LED indicator and the true multitasking.

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    laketrout73, bombastic and Elite1 like this.
    10-08-13 09:24 AM
    more for Z10:
    5) flickin' keyboard. anyone who says there is a better touch keyboard out there, is in denial.
    6) organization (besides the hub) sms, email, notifications, all work a lot better on the Z10.
    7) pc sync. plug in, and go. no software, conversions req'd, to add music, videos, documents, etc...
    8) no real need of back buttons. lets face it, EVERYTHING you do on an iphone, requires you to constantly hit back, back, back...
    from email acct, to email acct.. back back.
    from setting to wifi, close app.
    back to settings.. but NO, you're still in wifi settings because you forgot to hit back to go back to settings

anyway, iphone is a great product, no denial.. they have the money to pretty much do what they want. its just a shame they really dont care about you and make you use their products for just about everything. from charging cable, to the way you use usb mass storage.

but enjoy it, a mobile device has become a necessity in this life. and you must have the one you are most comfortable with.
    10-08-13 09:25 AM
    The Z10 and BB10 in particular is not for everyone. It works for me but doesn't work for my wife. Some simple things like the ability to download and share documents, pdf's is essential for me.

But the iPhone does many other things well. Glad you are back to what meets your needs.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-08-13 09:27 AM
    Thank you for the kind words everybody and for not beating me with the hard end of a Playbook rapid charger.

Couple of other things I forgot to mention about the Z10 that I miss is the LED indicator and the true multitasking.

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    that def would hurt cause those a damn heavy!!
    10-08-13 09:33 AM
    Omg again iPhone vs BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:40 AM
    more for Z10:
    5) flickin' keyboard. anyone who says there is a better touch keyboard out there, is in denial.
    6) organization (besides the hub) sms, email, notifications, all work a lot better on the Z10.
    7) pc sync. plug in, and go. no software, conversions req'd, to add music, videos, documents, etc...
    8) no real need of back buttons. lets face it, EVERYTHING you do on an iphone, requires you to constantly hit back, back, back...
    back to settings.. but NO, you're still in wifi settings because you forgot to hit back to go back to settings

anyway, iphone is a great product, no denial.. they have the money to pretty much do what they want. its just a shame they really dont care about you and make you use their products for just about everything. from charging cable, to the way you use usb mass storage.

but enjoy it, a mobile device has become a necessity in this life. and you must have the one you are most comfortable with.
    Oh I totally agree with the keyboard part. This is the best virtual keyboard I've ever used.

I liked OP's post though. All of those points I would have to agree with as well.
    10-08-13 09:42 AM
    Whatever makes you happy. At least you gave BB10 a chance.
    10-08-13 09:57 AM
    more for Z10:

For #5, people aren't in denial. They just don't share your preferences. I'm one of those that doesn't like the Z10 keyboard; there is no way that I'm in denial about what the best keyboard is for me. If you prefer the Z10 keyboard, I'm happy for you.

For #8, I don't know what you are talking about, as the iPhone doesn't have a back button. It only has home, volume and power buttons. If you are referring to the onscreen back options that appear in some apps, this occurs on the Z10, as well.
    10-08-13 10:08 AM
99 123 ...