• 12 Post By eyecannibal
  • 1 Post By nehvada
  • 2 Post By Drayk
  • 1 Post By eyecannibal
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default An iPhone user's take on the BB10 event.

First I would like to start by saying thank you to the forum members for the warm welcoming.

While the launch event was kind of awkward (odd videos, structure) I came away feeling excited about a phone, and an OS, which hasn't happened for me I'm awhile. I love iOS because of its reliability. It always works well. But I have had an iPhone since the 3GS first launched and to be honest, I'm bored. More importantly, I'm tired of the way the OS works.

I use my iPhone a lot. I am constantly messaging, calling, and using apps. In iOS, everything takes forever because I have to keep carouseling from app to app to app just to get pieces of information. I understand that I won't have every app I currently use readily available on this new platform. But I am willing to give it a chance because it looks like it could be great. I kick myself for not buying a webos device. To me, webos was the last big risk taken in mobile computing. Since them it feels like companies are just bolting on features that don't work well (iOS notification drawer, iOS multitasking, etc...).

I have tried android as well and again, it doesn't excite me. I am really excited about trying this new platform, and new device. I think rim has finally made blackberry approachable. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.
    Thanked by 3:
    Barljo (01-31-2013),  bbzak (01-31-2013),  Desktoper (01-31-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Well, I'm now thinking of ditching my S3. Super laggy and not power hungry. Just wondering when can Malaysia see this new kid on the block!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AFE966F

A very nice post,
    Sums up the mind of many iOS users whom may not reveal their true colors due to the ego factors.

I am very impressed with the device. Even if the launch event could be made better.
    The day when Blackberry makes the true sequel to the BOLD 9000,
    That would be the day I will smile, again!
    CrackBerry Master

Welcome I hope you bring many ios friends with you. AFTER I get my hands on the Z10 you can bring as many people as you like
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

i totally agree with you guys. iOS works perfectly but feels like outdated now. its not that i am missing something, but i'm just getting bored and tired of its too simple look. notification center is not very ergonomical to use and very limited. lockscreen also. it really needs a major overhaul soon.

bb10 looks fresh and modern and the "missing" homebutton makes everything easier just with swiping. and i love the hub.
    goodcoffy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

iPhone is great for one-app-at-a-time users because of some of the amazing apps exclusive for that platform. However, I was furious when I found out that iDisplay (on iPad) would lose connection as soon as you switch out of it to do some other stuff. Why on earth doesn't iOS let background apps maintain a network connection?! If there was iDisplay for PlayBook, I wouldn't need the iPad at all.
    Sucroid - Sweet Apps for the Fans
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,927 Global Posts
    PIN
    7ADFBC83

Longtime crackhead here....(Mobile Nations changed my u/n to Drayk....I'm back now, tho)
    I went android 6mths ago and really, really love the GS3. After seeing BB10....I have to say, I'm impressed.
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned is:
    This is the 1st itteration of this brand new OS.....There are bound to be some things that will be changed with updates
    RIMM has busted their behind to change...& change they have. Lets give them some time to get QNX dialed in.

Edit: Great post OP....
    Thanked by:
    eyecannibal (01-31-2013) 
    JMDBERRY and Eskibo like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by berryjunkie View Post
    Longtime crackhead here....(Mobile Nations changed my u/n to Drayk....I'm back now, tho)
    I went android 6mths ago and really, really love the GS3. After seeing BB10....I have to say, I'm impressed.
    This is the 1st itteration of this brand new OS.....There are bound to be some things that will be changed with updates
    Hold on...I can't read the last part of your post. Let me hop in my helicopter to get an aerial view...

Ah, there it is. Good point.
    "You ever make fun of someone so much, you think you should thank them for all the good times you've had?"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Default An iPhone user's take on the BB10 event.

Quote Originally Posted by berryjunkie View Post
    RIMM has busted their behind to change...& change they have. Lets give them some time to get QNX dialed in.

Edit: Great post OP....
    Thanks guys for the comments. People forget what iOS was like in its early stages. Every new OS needs times to work things out. Like I've said previously, I kick myself for not trying the pre and WebOS. I'm not letting this get by me.
    dietertong likes this.