Lol all they have are the apps. But I personally like new exciting things. I am not a big app person myself.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    05-05-13 06:51 PM
    @21stNow: sorry to hear that. Do you think this would happen with three other Z10 also? Or could it be that there is another issue in the environment? Sounds like a strange one.

Posted via CB10
    I think that it would happen with all Z10 devices. There was something amiss between the communication with the router and the Z10s. I couldn't figure it out and BlackBerry Support couldn't figure it out. All three of the Z10s connected to my home Wi-fi network with no problem. I personally have connected more than 10 mobile devices (including older BlackBerry devices) to my work Wi-fi network with no problems. I sent logs to BlackBerry support but couldn't get a resolution in over three weeks' time. There were a few other people who reported this problem to BlackBerry Support via their forum.

I checked with our IT department and nothing should have been blocking the device from our network. They tested my device on the network and noticed that there was extensive packet loss but couldn't determine why. I had to set-up the Wi-fi connection on the Z10 in an unusual way to get it to connect to the router in the first place but after it connected, it wouldn't consistently pull data from the network. BlackBerry support walked through everything that they could with me from setting up the Wi-fi network in a normal way, noting those error messages, then setting it up in the way that I found that it would connect and noting the error messages once I tried to load webpages.

I agree that it was strange.
    05-05-13 07:31 PM
    I was showing my z10 to two of my close friends (one is in love with the iphone and the other windows phone) and they both thought it was totally awesome! People are bombarded with ads from android and apple but when you actually show them the z10 and how it stands out most are willing to concede its an amazing phone
    drydenshabsfan and Sexy Sadie like this.
    05-05-13 08:24 PM
    That's funny, I said the EXACT same thing when comparing the iPhone to the Z10!? Huh? Go figure! *Kanye Shrug*

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:29 PM
    How anyone could say iOS is a better experience is beyond me. Such an antiquated experience over the Z10.

I just can't get over how quickly i can navigate and execute on the Z10. Nothing even comes close.
    05-05-13 08:29 PM
    My problem is that everyone says, "That looks like an iPhone".....insinuating that Apple has patented the rectangle with round corners....I hate when people say that, so I say, "Yeah....except for no homebutton, a higher resolution than the underwhelming 'retina display', and multi-tasking like Apple only WISHED they could do.....yep....just like an iPhone" *facepalm*
    05-05-13 08:58 PM
    That's funny, I said the EXACT same thing when comparing the iPhone to the Z10!? Huh? Go figure! *Kanye Shrug*

Posted via CB10
    What's a "kanye shrug?"
    05-05-13 08:59 PM
    Lol can you list the ways, my BlackBerry does everything better than the iphone. I know because I have used one and a galaxy 3. There isn't one thing you can list besides app availability that the iphone does better.

Posted via CB10
    i got one! how about you have 10 copies of ONE contact? maybe a second one? when you dial out and call is in progress you can't tell if you calling the house or the cell or work of the contact you calling.....
    05-05-13 09:15 PM
    What's a "kanye shrug?"
    iPhone users jealous of my Z10...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367806814.552251.jpg

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Tre Lawrence and jayemmbee like this.
    05-05-13 09:20 PM
    Bring your Z10 to my job and I think that you will have a different experience. I tried three different Z10s there and none will use the Wi-fi network. Also, BlackBerry Support could recreate my browser crash issues with every Z10 that they could put their hands on, including ones that had different software from mine.
    Does your work use hotspot wireless? If so, you have to sign in with browser. Did you talk to IT dept?
    05-05-13 09:26 PM
    Does your work use hotspot wireless? If so, you have to sign in with browser. Did you talk to IT dept?
    I'm not sure of what hotspot wireless is. If it is the same thing that stores and restaurants use, then no, they don't use this. With any other device that I have had (iOS devices, Android devices, Windows Phone and older BlackBerry devices), I just find the Wi-fi network on the available networks list, select it, enter the password and connect to the Wi-fi network.

I did talk to the IT department at work. I had another post in this thread where I went through this in more detail.
    05-05-13 09:32 PM
    Yes it's true the majority of us feel differently. I would like someone to explain to me how the ancient ios that hasn't really changed much from the first iPhone can compare to a brand new os built from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    to explain it in simplest terms is......because it still works and everything about it and on it works like a charm ....it's flawless so why would it need fixing??? i have no flaws to report (and i have been thinking for a while about that)
    05-05-13 09:34 PM
    I agree. For email and texting BlackBerry z10 wins. But the iPhone 5 and 4s can do more with apps and camera eta. You can even turn off your lights with the iphone. I have both and I love both of them. The best phone is the best phone that fit your needs. Who care what your friends think about your phone. Use what's best for you. That's why we have Imore and crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    How can you turn off the lights with the iPhone, what application?

Tapped out from my 5
    05-05-13 09:37 PM
    I own an iPhone 5 and a 9790. My friends got a Z10, I'm waiting for the Q10 but honestly as said above, BB10 has copied a few things from iOS and without iOs who knows Bb10 may have never existed. I'm not being bias, all phones are different. An iPhone is for different people compared to the people who use a Z10. You may now agree with me at first, but think.
    So with your reasoning iOS wouldn't be around either if it wasn't for BlackBerry or Android since they "copied" stuff from them as well.

I'll take this challenge. My iPhone could use data on my employer's Wi-fi network, my iPhone had no random reboots and I don't remember the browser crashing in the 1.75 years that I used it. I could say none of this for the Z10. Note, I am not an iPhone fan.
    I can use wifi anywhere my android and iphone friends use theirs...No random reboots (unlocked z10 stl100-3) and I have never had my browser crash on me...so I guess I just lucked out when I bought my phone from GSMnation.com
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    05-05-13 09:43 PM
    From a home screen standpoint OS 10 is very similar to IOS.

What?

Who do you think you're kidding?

The first difference is immediately noticeable with Recent Apps versus Active Frames.

Totally different!

Posted via CB10
    jstarett likes this.
    05-05-13 09:44 PM
    95% of all cars go to the wreckers with the users manual unopened in the glove box. Same with technology.
    05-05-13 09:45 PM
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    I used to have an iPhone and switched to Z10 because I was so in love with the Playbook. I was bored with iPhone. I still enjoy my Z10 after nearly 3 months and don't miss iPhone a bit.
    05-05-13 09:52 PM
    What?

Who do you think you're kidding?

The first difference is immediately noticeable with Recent Apps versus Active Frames.

Totally different!

Posted via CB10

I'm not kidding I said the home screens look similar (wasn't a diss towards bbos10)...I never compared active frames to iOS. Active frames reminds me of Android....

Attached Thumbnails iPhone users jealous of my Z10...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367808715.046774.jpg   iPhone users jealous of my Z10...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367808725.689051.jpg  
    05-05-13 09:58 PM
    But the Z10 just looks so much sexier...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:00 PM
    I'm not kidding I said the home screens look similar (wasn't a diss towards bbos10)...I never compared active frames to iOS. Active frames reminds me of Android....

All three operating systems feature some sort of application drawer/screen/etc. Pretty basic launcher methodology.

Home screens are only used on Android and iOS. Of the three.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:28 PM

I can use wifi anywhere my android and iphone friends use theirs...No random reboots (unlocked z10 stl100-3) and I have never had my browser crash on me...so I guess I just lucked out when I bought my phone from GSMnation.com
    As I invited the other poster, so I invite you to my workplace with your Z10. I bought my first two Z10s unlocked and the same model as yours and had the same thing happen with them as far as the Wi-fi network.
    05-05-13 10:39 PM
    All three operating systems feature some sort of application drawer/screen/etc. Pretty basic launcher methodology.

Home screens are only used on Android and iOS. Of the three.

Posted via CB10
    Ok.

05-05-13 10:41 PM
    As I invited the other poster, so I invite you to my workplace with your Z10. I bought my first two Z10s unlocked and the same model as yours and had the same thing happen with them as far as the Wi-fi network.
    so all your Z10 could not work on your company's Wi-Fi. android and iphone have no problem?
    you said at home it worked fine??
    05-05-13 11:07 PM
    I am with jstarret: STL 100-3>3 months of use; not reboot, no crashes

but had some minor problem tho, not a biggy for me

os leak took care of some of it
    05-05-13 11:14 PM
    @ op Whatever floats your boat
    05-05-13 11:17 PM
260 12345 ...