Some colleagues of mine have iPhone 4S and 5 devices. They get so mad when I show them the flow, peek/hub, Web browsing, and especially the keyboard...Timeshift also makes them jealous.

They get so flustered, they don't even mention..well we have more apps than you...

It's great that BlackBerry is starting this comeback.

As for Android users, they are too busy trying to get their phone to work to compare devices!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:11 PM
    As a former Android user I was addicted to customizing. It kind of took over my sparetime. I didn't like it.

iPhone to me, is boring and retro by now with it's old interface that does not ever change.

I find the BB OS to be the perfect mix of a modern smartphone UI that looks good and is easy to use. And I just use it as it is intended. As a phone.
    05-05-13 01:18 PM
    Customizing, for me, is a five minute thing. I do what is necessary to get my device to do what it needs to do. Getting something complex like swipe to wake on my Android phone took a bit longer, but the payoff is worth it

It can be addictive for people new to customization.

To be fair, I haven't seen too many people who dislike BB10. The UI is fantastic IMHO.
    05-05-13 01:25 PM
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    21stNow, devin266, BB1974 and 6 others like this.
    05-05-13 01:35 PM
    I think every day I had a new rom or a rom update installed on my android device titanium backup was a life saver but it does kill all free time once your rooted

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:39 PM
    All iPhone users have seen my phone and love the z10, whether they would switch...I doubt, but they like it. It's the best blackberry to date

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:39 PM
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    Lol can you list the ways, my BlackBerry does everything better than the iphone. I know because I have used one and a galaxy 3. There isn't one thing you can list besides app availability that the iphone does better.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman, R Field, 2 Phonez and 2 others like this.
    05-05-13 01:40 PM

That's one opinion, yours, and others may feel differently.
    Araslan and thedose like this.
    05-05-13 01:42 PM

I think if BBRY does a better job of explaining features, it will go along way in preventing adoption remorse.
    05-05-13 01:44 PM

Fail...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:45 PM
    I agree. For email and texting BlackBerry z10 wins. But the iPhone 5 and 4s can do more with apps and camera eta. You can even turn off your lights with the iphone. I have both and I love both of them. The best phone is the best phone that fit your needs. Who care what your friends think about your phone. Use what's best for you. That's why we have Imore and crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:49 PM
    I think every day I had a new rom or a rom update installed on my android device titanium backup was a life saver but it does kill all free time once your rooted

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that would irritate me.

I only pick ROMs based on a feature (for example, I have one with slide2wake; I crave gestures from BB10). After that, no change, unless there is another feature I need to increase productivity. I won't even update most times... if it works for me, why flash?

On my current device, I have had only two ROMs since I have had it.
    05-05-13 01:51 PM
    Yep, that would irritate me.

I only pick ROMs based on a feature (for example, I have one with slide2wake; I crave gestures from BB10). After that, no change, unless there is another feature I need to increase productivity. I won't even update most times... if it works for me, why flash?

On my current device, I have had only two ROMs since I have had it.
    Slide2wake is kernel related. So you can get that on pretty much every ROM as long as your kernel supports it. Just flash a kernel that supports it.
    05-05-13 01:52 PM
    Gentlemen,

Instead of having a verbal dispute about whose daddy can beat up the other, how about some specific and concrete discussion about features, speed, flexibility, and "Fit and finish " between the two devices?

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg, pkcable, bquinney and 4 others like this.
    05-05-13 01:53 PM
    Slide2wake is kernel related. So you can get that on pretty much every ROM as long as your kernel supports it. Just flash a kernel that supports it.
    Correct... Komodo is supported, but I think it only works on AOKP ROMs. Don't think there is a slide2wake kernel for Sense ROMs that supports my device yet. So, to be more correct, I flashed a new ROM to get the kernel. LOL, I guess that does support the idea that it can get overly involved...
    05-05-13 01:59 PM
    I agree. For email and texting BlackBerry z10 wins. But the iPhone 5 and 4s can do more with apps and camera eta. You can even turn off your lights with the iphone. I have both and I love both of them. The best phone is the best phone that fit your needs. Who care what your friends think about your phone. Use what's best for you. That's why we have Imore and crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    I can turn the lights on and off and control zoned heating/cooling with my z10 connected to vera3 Zwave controller using home buddy app.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by djenkins6; 05-05-13 at 03:42 PM.
    05-05-13 02:06 PM
    I too am curious about these things that it does better. Other than apps of course.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:11 PM
    Correct... Komodo is supported, but I think it only works on AOKP ROMs. Don't think there is a slide2wake kernel for Sense ROMs that supports my device yet. So, to be more correct, I flashed a new ROM to get the kernel. LOL, I guess that does support the idea that it can get overly involved...
    That's the strenght AND weakness of Android in my opinion. That flashing stuff can get addicting and you become a flash addict. I was not much of a flash addict but rather modding addict. Decompiled apk's and modded them to my liking etc. It became an obsession pretty much. Feels nice not being able to do that stuff on the Z10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-05-13 02:12 PM
    I can turn the lights on and off and control zoned heating/colling with my z10 connected to vera3 Zwave controller using home buddy app.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I will look into this apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:23 PM
    That's one opinion, yours, and others may feel differently.
    Yes it's true the majority of us feel differently. I would like someone to explain to me how the ancient ios that hasn't really changed much from the first iPhone can compare to a brand new os built from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:24 PM
    Some colleagues of mine have iPhone 4S and 5 devices. They get so mad when I show them the flow, peek/hub, Web browsing, and especially the keyboard...Timeshift also makes them jealous.

They get so flustered, they don't even mention..well we have more apps than you...

It's great that BlackBerry is starting this comeback.

As for Android users, they are too busy trying to get their phone to work to compare devices!

Posted via CB10
    Then why don't they just buy one?
    05-05-13 02:25 PM

iPhone to me, is boring and retro by now with it's old interface that does not ever change.

I find the BB OS to be the perfect mix of a modern smartphone UI that looks good and is easy to use. And I just use it as it is intended. As a phone.
    From a home screen standpoint OS 10 is very similar to IOS.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    05-05-13 02:26 PM
    All iPhone users have seen my phone and love the z10, whether they would switch...I doubt, but they like it. It's the best blackberry to date

Posted via CB10
    I think more users would switch if OS10 had more apps available. I almost convinced a coworker to switch, but that went sour once she found out that app world didn't have any of her favorite apps.

05-05-13 02:30 PM
    Yes it's true the majority of us feel differently. I would like someone to explain to me how the ancient ios that hasn't really changed much from the first iPhone can compare to a brand new os built from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    It's been posted plenty of times...No need to beat a dead horse.

05-05-13 02:31 PM
    I own an iPhone 5 and a 9790. My friends got a Z10, I'm waiting for the Q10 but honestly as said above, BB10 has copied a few things from iOS and without iOs who knows Bb10 may have never existed. I'm not being bias, all phones are different. An iPhone is for different people compared to the people who use a Z10. You may now agree with me at first, but think.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-05-13 02:31 PM
260 123 ...