Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 260
Like Tree275Likes
  1. dmsbang's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    519 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default iPhone users jealous of my Z10...

    Some colleagues of mine have iPhone 4S and 5 devices. They get so mad when I show them the flow, peek/hub, Web browsing, and especially the keyboard...Timeshift also makes them jealous.

    They get so flustered, they don't even mention..well we have more apps than you...

    It's great that BlackBerry is starting this comeback.

    As for Android users, they are too busy trying to get their phone to work to compare devices!

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 3:
    John Pawling (05-06-2013),  Rezia (05-06-2013),  Tomas Carrillo (05-05-2013) 
  2. dannejanne's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    675 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    As a former Android user I was addicted to customizing. It kind of took over my sparetime. I didn't like it.

    iPhone to me, is boring and retro by now with it's old interface that does not ever change.

    I find the BB OS to be the perfect mix of a modern smartphone UI that looks good and is easy to use. And I just use it as it is intended. As a phone.
  3. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,291 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,145 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Customizing, for me, is a five minute thing. I do what is necessary to get my device to do what it needs to do. Getting something complex like swipe to wake on my Android phone took a bit longer, but the payoff is worth it

    It can be addictive for people new to customization.

    To be fair, I haven't seen too many people who dislike BB10. The UI is fantastic IMHO.
  4. jgz10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

    BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    Thanked by 5:
    BB1974 (05-05-2013),  ihys (05-06-2013),  scalemaster34 (05-06-2013),  Takmelius (05-21-2013),  zeteo (05-05-2013) 
    21stNow, taz323, pels_17 and 4 others like this.
  5. Kris Simundson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,520 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6832B1
    #5  

    Default

    I think every day I had a new rom or a rom update installed on my android device titanium backup was a life saver but it does kill all free time once your rooted

    Posted via CB10
    Device: BlackBerry Z30
    Tablet: Dell Venue Pro 8
    Twitter: @simundsonk
  6. manofice1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,536 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    All iPhone users have seen my phone and love the z10, whether they would switch...I doubt, but they like it. It's the best blackberry to date

    Posted via CB10
    Ballin with Blackberry Z10 OS 10.1.0.2354 and
    Blackberry Playbook y0!!
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)
    Thanked by:
    Papsilog (05-05-2013) 
  7. zten's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,410 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgz10 View Post
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

    BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    Lol can you list the ways, my BlackBerry does everything better than the iphone. I know because I have used one and a galaxy 3. There isn't one thing you can list besides app availability that the iphone does better.

    Posted via CB10
  8. TgeekB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,726 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgz10 View Post
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

    BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    That's one opinion, yours, and others may feel differently.
    thedose and Araslan like this.
  9. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,291 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,145 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgz10 View Post
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

    BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    I think if BBRY does a better job of explaining features, it will go along way in preventing adoption remorse.
  10. Dave Bourque's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,682 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgz10 View Post
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

    BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...
    Fail...


    Posted via CB10
  11. bbdodgersdude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I agree. For email and texting BlackBerry z10 wins. But the iPhone 5 and 4s can do more with apps and camera eta. You can even turn off your lights with the iphone. I have both and I love both of them. The best phone is the best phone that fit your needs. Who care what your friends think about your phone. Use what's best for you. That's why we have Imore and crackberry.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 2:
    berry4life99 (05-07-2013),  hsumra (05-06-2013) 
  12. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,291 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,145 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Simundson View Post
    I think every day I had a new rom or a rom update installed on my android device titanium backup was a life saver but it does kill all free time once your rooted

    Posted via CB10
    Yep, that would irritate me.

    I only pick ROMs based on a feature (for example, I have one with slide2wake; I crave gestures from BB10). After that, no change, unless there is another feature I need to increase productivity. I won't even update most times... if it works for me, why flash?

    On my current device, I have had only two ROMs since I have had it.
  13. dannejanne's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    675 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    Yep, that would irritate me.

    I only pick ROMs based on a feature (for example, I have one with slide2wake; I crave gestures from BB10). After that, no change, unless there is another feature I need to increase productivity. I won't even update most times... if it works for me, why flash?

    On my current device, I have had only two ROMs since I have had it.
    Slide2wake is kernel related. So you can get that on pretty much every ROM as long as your kernel supports it. Just flash a kernel that supports it.
  14. GJW
    GJW is offline
    GJW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    539 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Gentlemen,

    Instead of having a verbal dispute about whose daddy can beat up the other, how about some specific and concrete discussion about features, speed, flexibility, and "Fit and finish " between the two devices?

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 5:
    Berry_Pink (05-06-2013),  hpjrt (05-06-2013),  pkcable (05-06-2013),  Rooster99 (05-06-2013) 
    bquinney, pkcable, m1a1mg and 2 others like this.
  15. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,291 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,145 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
    Slide2wake is kernel related. So you can get that on pretty much every ROM as long as your kernel supports it. Just flash a kernel that supports it.
    Correct... Komodo is supported, but I think it only works on AOKP ROMs. Don't think there is a slide2wake kernel for Sense ROMs that supports my device yet. So, to be more correct, I flashed a new ROM to get the kernel. LOL, I guess that does support the idea that it can get overly involved...
  16. djenkins6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,788 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbdodgersdude View Post
    I agree. For email and texting BlackBerry z10 wins. But the iPhone 5 and 4s can do more with apps and camera eta. You can even turn off your lights with the iphone. I have both and I love both of them. The best phone is the best phone that fit your needs. Who care what your friends think about your phone. Use what's best for you. That's why we have Imore and crackberry.

    Posted via CB10
    I can turn the lights on and off and control zoned heating/cooling with my z10 connected to vera3 Zwave controller using home buddy app.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    SDTRMG (05-05-2013) 
  17. wasabiGT's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    575 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I too am curious about these things that it does better. Other than apps of course.


    Quote Originally Posted by jgz10 View Post
    OP....unfortunately the BB10 does look good on initial inspections but after about a week with the z10 the iPhone users would be screaming for their old phones back. (I can only give my opinion on iphone because I haven't owned an Android)

    BB10 falls short in just so many functional ways compared to IOS. Too bad though, I was pulling for BB. Maybe the Q10 will be the sweet spot, because the z10 sure isn't it. I will be looking for a replacement when my year is up...


    Posted via CB10
    Phone: current - HTC One past - Z10, SGS3, SGS2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, BB9000, iPhone 3G, BB Curve, BB Pearl, iPhone 2, iPhone 1, Sony P990, Sony P900, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 8890, various Nokias
    Tablet: Playbook Wifi
  18. dannejanne's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    675 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    Correct... Komodo is supported, but I think it only works on AOKP ROMs. Don't think there is a slide2wake kernel for Sense ROMs that supports my device yet. So, to be more correct, I flashed a new ROM to get the kernel. LOL, I guess that does support the idea that it can get overly involved...
    That's the strenght AND weakness of Android in my opinion. That flashing stuff can get addicting and you become a flash addict. I was not much of a flash addict but rather modding addict. Decompiled apk's and modded them to my liking etc. It became an obsession pretty much. Feels nice not being able to do that stuff on the Z10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
  19. bbdodgersdude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    I can turn the lights on and off and control zoned heating/colling with my z10 connected to vera3 Zwave controller using home buddy app.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanks I will look into this apps.

    Posted via CB10
  20. beamolite's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    831 Posts
    Global Posts
    840 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ab5b28f
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TgeekB View Post
    That's one opinion, yours, and others may feel differently.
    Yes it's true the majority of us feel differently. I would like someone to explain to me how the ancient ios that hasn't really changed much from the first iPhone can compare to a brand new os built from the ground up.

    Posted via CB10
    Left BlackBerry in May 2014 after very poor customer service and poor build quality. Had been a BlackBerry user since 2007 with the BlackBerry Pearl 8100.
    Now rocking a HTC One M8.
  21. donnation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,777 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,851 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmsbang View Post
    Some colleagues of mine have iPhone 4S and 5 devices. They get so mad when I show them the flow, peek/hub, Web browsing, and especially the keyboard...Timeshift also makes them jealous.

    They get so flustered, they don't even mention..well we have more apps than you...

    It's great that BlackBerry is starting this comeback.

    As for Android users, they are too busy trying to get their phone to work to compare devices!

    Posted via CB10
    Then why don't they just buy one?
  22. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post

    iPhone to me, is boring and retro by now with it's old interface that does not ever change.

    I find the BB OS to be the perfect mix of a modern smartphone UI that looks good and is easy to use. And I just use it as it is intended. As a phone.
    From a home screen standpoint OS 10 is very similar to IOS.



    Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
  23. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    All iPhone users have seen my phone and love the z10, whether they would switch...I doubt, but they like it. It's the best blackberry to date

    Posted via CB10
    I think more users would switch if OS10 had more apps available. I almost convinced a coworker to switch, but that went sour once she found out that app world didn't have any of her favorite apps.


    Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
  24. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,030 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beamolite View Post
    Yes it's true the majority of us feel differently. I would like someone to explain to me how the ancient ios that hasn't really changed much from the first iPhone can compare to a brand new os built from the ground up.

    Posted via CB10
    It's been posted plenty of times...No need to beat a dead horse.


    Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
  25. iPhone4iPad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    785 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me :)
    #25  

    Default

    I own an iPhone 5 and a 9790. My friends got a Z10, I'm waiting for the Q10 but honestly as said above, BB10 has copied a few things from iOS and without iOs who knows Bb10 may have never existed. I'm not being bias, all phones are different. An iPhone is for different people compared to the people who use a Z10. You may now agree with me at first, but think.
    Owner And Founder Of Zamkato - http://zamkato.com
    BBM Channel - C002BF8A7
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. jealous of my bb!!!!
    By purpleberry218 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 12:00 AM
  2. I'm So Jealous of My Friends Pimped out iPhone
    By thymaster in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500 Themes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 05:25 PM
  3. I am now officially jealous of my wife's iPhone
    By crazy canuck in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 11:30 AM
  4. Can't send pics to Iphone users all of a sudden, info anyone?
    By pontoon78 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 02:32 PM
  5. jealous of my bb!!
    By purpleberry218 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions