Today I had a trip planned out in London, and wanted to take both phones, use both of them equally as far as I could, and see which if either still had juice by the time I arrived home.

The test, as per my previous photograph test wasn't scientific, but MattLike..

1. Both phones fully charged at point of leaving.
    2. Both phones had WIFI / Bluetooth and anything else disabled, and network was 3G/2G.
    3. Both phones are on the same network, Voda
    4. No apps running

Playing music is meant to be a lower use of power.. so the only difference here was that I played some music for around 45 minutes but on the Blackberry I was playing a HD game for a little while.

Both phones I used to check in via Foursquare at exactly the same 2 locations. I received 2 calls and made 1 call, each no longer than 2 minutes. I made no other use of the phones while shopping and eating.

At 6pm I wanted to check the times for my train home.. out comes the iphone.. battery life remaining 3%.. oh no.. thats not gonna get me far.. out comes the blackberry, 65% remaining.. So at this point, quite surprised.

So to be fair to the Z10, I decided I should play the same game my entire journey home to perhaps simulate listening to the music I was listening to on the iphone enroute.. train journey home.. 75 minutes (Gotta love Sunday trains in the UK.. theyre bad enough Mon-Sat).

As I walked in the door.. I had 25% battery still remaining.

Left home at 11.30am.

I was totally surprised by this result.. the only thing I can state is that the iPhone was new a month after they came out whenever that was, so its had a good few months of battery life degradation.

The next test I do will be with music only on both devices.

Like I said, not scientific, and basic use of a phone, and not even a full day.. but the Z10 faired better than the iPhone.. and meant I wouldn't have been stranded.
    sydsam and Matt J like this.
    02-17-13 03:28 PM
    I mean, thats a considerable difference, even if I had used the iPhone more.. its such a vast difference it makes me think there must be a problem with the iPhone
    02-17-13 03:31 PM
    something was wrong on the iphone, no way its that much difference
    02-17-13 04:56 PM
    Maybe I will include a full reset of the device next time.. and do a scientific test of it sitting on a table running the same apps, making the same calls all the way until the battery goes.. was an interesting little test though
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-18-13 12:14 AM
    Do it scientifically and then get back to us.
    02-18-13 12:17 AM
    Good enough for me!!! LOL jk. Iphone did seem to die early on, very early. But glad to here how this turned out for you.
    02-18-13 02:58 AM
    something was wrong on the iphone, no way its that much difference
    I've seen an Iphone 4s die in less than a day with no data connection, not even a sim, just using instagram to take photos side by side with my 9900. Died way before my 9900. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 05:34 AM
    Maybe you should remove the battery in the iphone and try a new one. :P

O wait, jk scientific would be the best, maybe just leave them playing a video side-by-side or something when you have time?
    02-18-13 05:53 AM
    Maybe you should remove the battery in the iphone and try a new one. :P

O wait, jk scientific would be the best, maybe just leave them playing a video side-by-side or something when you have time?
    The problem with that is it's not really real life situation, a train trip with some entrentainment and work thrown in is more realistic. it's when the phone connects from cell tower to cell tower, from 2g to 3g to 4g and back all day that's the real test of a mobile phone, emphasising on mobile.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 06:05 AM
    Anyone here used a iphone 5 and bold 9900 and can compare the battery life of the two?
    04-01-15 03:12 AM
    I am one of those people who really have no complaints about my Z10 battery life.
    04-01-15 08:46 AM
    You do realize batteries degrade over time? The iPhone battery is probably on its way out. Actually there is a recall from apple on certain iPhone 5 models for poor battery performance. Google search and you will find out if that phone is affected and can get a free battery replacement.

My wife's iPhone 5 can sit idle at 100% charge all day and not drop a bit as long as there are no text, messages or calls coming in.

IOS has phenomenal idle power drain.

My old z10 would go thru 10-12%% charge sitting idle over night in bedside mode.

I since Upgraded to the z30 and it's much better...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 09:38 AM