OP is banned.
    So is the new username created to evade the ban. #fail
    02-14-13 03:05 PM
    I just found out when some puts me in a mass sms message, its replys to all seprate. thats stupid..........
    02-14-13 03:14 PM
    02-14-13 03:44 PM
    I just found out when some puts me in a mass sms message, its replys to all seprate. thats stupid..........
    That's how SMS works, how it has always worked since the first ever SMS. Unlike email there is no provision in the SMS specification for multiple addresses within one message when it is sent from your phone. Each recipient must have standalone message addressed to a single device, regardless how many recipients you set up when you write the message.
    b320 likes this.
    02-15-13 05:48 PM
    It's actually done to avoid high costs by mistakenly replying to a mass sms of many addresses.

However you can do a sensible chat on Z10 by enabling chat mode (tick the check box below the addresses of the recipients) when composing sms addressed to several people

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 03:01 PM
    So is the new username created to evade the ban. #fail
    Ha. I was wondering if OP was going to try that.
    02-17-13 12:57 PM
    I love that my Z10 can sync to itunes as well, a Still can't figure out the movies for itunes. they syc but don't play well. movies freeze and and all i hear is sound.
    those where my biggest diffrences........
    Sadly, most of your movies purchased through iTunes will not work due to DRM imposed by the movie studios. Playing movies purchased or rented through iTunes is only supported on iOS and in iTunes on Windows and Mac.
    02-17-13 01:02 PM
    This post reminds me of one of those conversations that start with "God doesn't exist. Every one gets into it and it never goes anywhere.
    02-17-13 01:18 PM
    Holy freaking crap, how can you not like the Maps app on BB10? It is clean uncluttered and a joy to use. Just though I would add that. P.S. I liked BlackBerry maps on my old BB much more than Google Maps too.
    b320 and dusdal like this.
    02-17-13 02:01 PM
    I ran out of breath when I got to the second line and gave up.
    02-17-13 02:12 PM
    It was a piece of constructive criticism when many would have just flamed you. As near as I can tell, you have some good things to say, but why should the reader have to work so hard to separate your thoughts?

Look, friend, it's on you. If you decide to ignore good advice, it won't hurt anyone here, but many will just be skimming over your posts to something more readable.

Cheers.
    Thank you for this. The guy's grammar was driving me insane. not sure he knows how forums work either. all the questions he's asked have been answered in specific posts about them.
    02-17-13 02:42 PM
    Using an lg 4x HDnow. Thing I think I like about blackberry is there updates. Using a playbook and everyone gets an update at the same time. Not sure if it's same for every others phone, I've heard different phones run different os, so fragmentation is an issue too?

I don't use many apps and message more, so was thinking of trying the new bb with a physical keyboard. Hope there are some basic Medical apps, whatsapp, which I here isn't in the list yet. Is Viber in?

Anyway I'm in Ireland and have heard no word if if coming to the shores yet
    02-17-13 02:49 PM
    I have to agree with the OP.

I had a BlackBerry for 5 years ( Storm, Storm2, Bold 9650, Bold 9930) before switching to the iPhone5 when it came out. I HATED the Storm series, but iPhone wasn't on Verizon yet. Then I got the Bold series and fell in love with the keyboard and themes and the such. Still lacked apps, but I had an iPod Touch and iPad. I thought the Bold 9930 was going to change it all, but after a few weeks, I was already having to pull the battery every other day, and the phone failed on me twice (fully bricked, couldn't bring it back).

I really wanted to like the Z10... but I've sadly been unimpressed with what I've seen. Definitely not even close to taking me away from my iPhone now. Plus, my BBM list was down from 160 to about 6 by the time I got rid of my BlackBerry when the iPhone came out, and I'm sure that list is smaller now as many of my friends made the switch with me.

Maybe the Q10 will be good (love the keyboard), but I'm still upset that there are no themes, other than BBM and the keyboard, themes were one of the only reasons I stuck with BB for so long before switching. I don't know if I could give up the apps and quickness of the iPhone5... the phone just works, and it works well (even if it isn't as customizable).

Hopefully you guys can understand that I'm not a troll either (look at my post count, and hopefully some of you still remember me!)
    Sim_1 likes this.
    02-17-13 02:54 PM
    If you work for a living and need a much better email/calendar experience with your exchange server, the BB Z10 blows away iOS & Android....period. Its exchange integration is superior...yes... even without BES. Try to book a meeting on the other 2 o/s's and then try to check availability of the recipients....you can't with the other 2. Try to forward or reply to a calendar invite... go ahead. I had an iPhone and gladly gave it away... it's more of a toy. My biggest original concern was lack of Google Maps, but then I found out I could sideload it ... yes!
    Are there a few things to build into v10.1, sure this is, but for a v1 product from anyone... this hw & o/s knocked it way out the park. Great work BB!
    This is why I will try the Z10. I want the BB calendar, Contacts and hopefully email experience from BB7 in the BB10 / Z10 package. I also want the apps to come.

Flow, hub, peek, keyboard and hardware all look awesome.

I still love my iPhone 5 however. It rocks in many areas. I, unlike some, can actually appreciate and like both. I actually like a lot about Android and WP as well.
    sydsam likes this.
    02-18-13 07:33 PM
    For point 4 regarding the Hub. It is apparent you still don't understand how the Hub works. It is the central location for ALL, If you go into the Hub settings go to hub management and turn off what you don't want to see. All the categories such as email, Facebook, Twitter, BBM etc all still will be available in their respective fields. What you leave on is what will show in the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tjseaman; 02-18-13 at 10:28 PM.
    02-18-13 10:12 PM
    I'm having a habit of swiping up on my iphone hahaha
    02-18-13 10:30 PM
    A BBZ10 user experience with the iPhone,

I was reading this post with amusement. I have been a BB user since they were introduced and just got my BBZ10. Various family members use an iPhone. I was never concerned with the media capabilities of the iPhone as I use an iPod for that. For fun, I have been comparing my BBZ10 to m wife's iPhone. Here are some very basic observations.

Typing in landscape mode is easier and faster on a BB. The BB seems to adapt fast on words.

The Browser seems faster, so when you want to look up something important it does it FAST.

The connectivity to my BMW continues to win-out as I can push emails to the car's system and have them read to me...can't do that on an iPhone. The phone downloads all of my contacts very quickly and reception is very good.

The HUB is very effective from a business point of view; I can monitor a few email accounts fast.

I like holding down my thumb on the screen and scrolling up to see my upcoming meetings for the day.

I like the fact that my next meeting is noted on the home screen with the time.

These are the kinds of things I like. Media is nice, but I like the phone for what it can do. I seemed to be able to find things faster on the BB than the iPhone (I have little experience with both.) I could not find the adjustment for the font on the iPhone for the life of me.

I find the sweeping motion in the new BB fast once you get used to it. The home button on the iPhone seems cumbersome now. I am sure there are many Apps for the iPhone that don't exist for the BB and music and media synchronization is likely better in an iPhone.
    02-18-13 10:43 PM
    BlackBerry way of going in and out and about without closing apps is brilliant. Ios close-find-close-open approach is outdated. Paired with creepy multitasking it feels as outdated as wired phones. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 02:22 AM
    I was with BB for almost 5 years and loved my Curve and 9800. Butr after reading reviews from a number of sources and talking to people who had the Z10, I just had to have a phone that worked as well as the 9800 without any hassles. The apps issue I think is a big one. Yes, BB is working on them, but I need what I need now and I'm not versed enough to side load apps and hope they work and fix bugs if they don't. I went with Android. My son's a lawyer in Chicago and has an iPhone that works 1/2 the time. Of course, others I know really like it and that's fine. I got an Android after reading many of the reviews. It's great, just like my 9800 was with BB,but I felt like I was getting a divorce. Ok, maybe a little melodramatic! So, I'm waiting to see how the Z10 does and I do hope it succeeds. I'd like to go back to BB in two years. We'll see. I thought BB made us wait all this time for th e Z10, they can wait o me for once!! Good luck out there!
    06-09-13 01:38 PM
269 ... 91011