i find the camera to be decent enough to take pictures.. i would never use my phone to take pictures to enlarge and print...

it doesn't matter how good a phone camera is cause i';m sure a LARGE percentage of people just use it to post to their choice of social network.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ps4d34958e.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ps5c4d2d52.jpg

1st pic is of my playing around with the depth
    2nd is taken at the top of THE ROCK in NYC
    pics look pretty good to me!
    Man that second pic is awesome, not caring about quality, just looking down the cp is taking my breath away... totally COOL! now there I do have love for the (Big) Apple thinggy...
    xBURK likes this.
    03-01-13 05:39 PM
    Also whilst I like the hub, what is up with just one Facebook and Twitter account. Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 06:26 PM
    Agreed, I'm tearing my hair out. This is not how you implement a keyboard, editing existing text and moving to a specific spot is an absolute nightmare. This has to be fixed as it is just not fit for purpose.
    That is the downside of any touchscreen editor as far as I'm concerned. Cursor positioning is a giant PITA.

I agree, I'm used to having several alarms during the week.
    My BBOS 6 device never had such a feature either, if you wanted 800 weekly alarms, there were 100 different clock apps you could install that could do that, if it was important.

{re: camera} Agreed, it is pretty pathetic and very very bad quality for a phone released in 2013.
    As stated previously, I really don't think the camera in the Z10, even with the initial software build, is not competitive. Might not beat a Lumia920 or an Experia Z, but I have NO problem with that. If I need to take super-quality pics, I'll pull out my Nikons.

Also whilst I like the hub, what is up with just one Facebook and Twitter account. Am I missing something?
    MANY reviews pointed this out from the day of launch or before.

I don't personally care because I have zero interest in twitter or FB. But I could imagine them adding to that in the future. The potential downside might be a crowded hub without room to include everything that someone might want to jam in there.

But I have a question for you: since both FB and LinkedIn are supposed to represent a person's "real identity", why would someone need more than one account there? For a social networking site where people are pseudonymous, that's a different matter.
    03-01-13 06:46 PM
    Tbh I've never had an issue positioning the cursor on ios, android nor webOS. It seems to be unique to be10. Sure an update might improve that yet it is still a pain today.

LinkedIn no need I agree. However with Facebook and Twitter I have not just personal but also company accounts.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:20 PM
    Tbh I've never had an issue positioning the cursor on ios, android nor webOS. It seems to be unique to be10. Sure an update might improve that yet it is still a pain today.

LinkedIn no need I agree. However with Facebook and Twitter I have not just personal but also company accounts.
    Thanks for that answer.

Re: cursor positioning, one of the big deals advertised as an improvement of ICS over Gingerbread for Android was a better cursor/copy/paste mechanism.

And FWIW: Many people reported that the "edit bubble" on BB10 improved substantially after the recent 10.0.10.85 OS bundle update.

Personally I still think editing text on a touch screen is horrible, especially when you are a fast conventional typist like myself.

One of the cool things about my Lenovo Thinkpad (Android ICS) tablet is I can plug a standard mouse or other pointing-device in, and up pops a conventional cursor I can move around with the mouse.

Which, as it turns out, is one of the main reasons I've been a loyal Thinkpad user since long before Lenovo took them over: best keyboards in the world, for a laptop. When you can type 100 WPM on a conventional keyboard, spending 2 minutes trying to get a cursor somewhere to edit out one single character sometimes makes me want to punch something. That's what killed WebOS for me: the original Pre was a disaster for operations like that.
    currentodysseys and xBURK like this.
    03-01-13 07:31 PM
    So you need 1 alarm per day. Frankly the only fixed time I have is during the work week. I imagine setting a different time before going to bed should be fairly easy.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-01-13 09:27 PM
    So you need 1 alarm per day. Frankly the only fixed time I have is during the work week. I imagine setting a different time before going to bed should be fairly easy.
    Good luck remembering to change your alarm every single time you need to set the alarm for a different time. Yes, if you wake up at the same time every.single.day, there would not be an issue, but a lot of people don't.

Regardless, the calendar feature is the solution here (glad it was carried over from legacy OS), and I'm sure there will be/are third party alarm apps too.
    03-01-13 09:37 PM
    Wow! You are very organized. If I didn't have basically the same time Monday to Friday I would expect that I would have to set it before bed each night. I can't imagine knowing all those times would be the same each and every week.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:39 PM
    Oh, to your final comment; no, I don't expect you would put them in your calendar. I would expect you to set your alarm each night.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-01-13 10:41 PM
    it is unfortunate that you didn't give the phone a chance. 5 days is hardly a trial for something new. Your missing out on a good tool. I use mine for business and it does what i want it to do and more. Thank you RIM/Blackberry for stepping up to the plate and knocking it out of the park!
    03-01-13 10:54 PM
    Thanks for that answer.
    One of the cool things about my Lenovo Thinkpad (Android ICS) tablet is I can plug a standard mouse or other pointing-device in, and up pops a conventional cursor I can move around with the mouse.
    I've heard that as well. One of my friends was shopping for a laptop and I did her research as her IT friend. I was very surprised to discover that the Lenovo was rated as one of the best keyboards. Well, it was a particular model series which escapes me at the moment, but it received rave reviews.
    03-02-13 01:14 AM
    I've been able to upgrade last night to the latest version, and I have to admit the editing bubble is working correctly now. Very happy with that update, but also clear evidence I wasn't imagining things.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 01:52 AM
    Whoever whatever says, This is my opinion as a person who used 71 mobile phones within 12 years. I have been used many Nokia phones, Blackberry's, Samsung Mobiles and iPhones. I am not gonna talk about Nokia and Samsung here. Nokia already expired even they made amazing and lovable phones. Samsung.., No nothing on it. Sony is better than that. When comparing iPhone with Blackberry Z10, BBZ10 still in a childhood stage and long way to go. Most of the apps are not working properly. Facebook app introduced with BB Z10 is a basic one which developed by RIM not by Facebook. No chat is available. What you'll find on BB Hub is message reader not a chat. Never delete your FB message from BB HUB. It will remove entire conversation from your FB Profile permanently. Cannot share posts or edit comments. Lack of many features. However according to un-official contacts Facebook still developing the Messenger and FB app for BB 10 platform. Viber is still not available. No Google, FireFox or Opera browsers are available for BB Z10. Gmail unavailable. Youtube, yes of course available but another tricky app. Its just a link to a BB browser and once you click on the app icon, Youtube will open with the browser. There are some apps like "FastTube" to watch youtube videos but with basic functions. No pop up notifications. In iPhones you get pop notification and you will notify what email, facebook message or text message you receives on the top of screen while you are working on another app. BB Z10 has no notifications on lock screen. You have to unlock and switch BB Hub to check received mails, texts etc. Comparing to iPhone's Safari, BB browser is very fast But overall BB10 OS smoothness is very poor compares to iOS. In my experience, iPhone's WiFi is very powerful than the BB Z10. Anyway I am not gonna underestimate BB products since I have used many BB mobiles phones and it worked perfectly. But in smart phones, I prefer iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 but not the BB 10 or other Android phones. It is true this is BB's first Smartphone. So it will take couple of years to complete their mission and provide us perfectly working apps. When iPhone invented, they had the same problems same issues but now they have gone a long journey. My question is, Should we need to buy a product which does not support and run basic apps ? Should we wait another couple of years until they get success? Why? My suggestion is lets BB develop their smartphones within next couple of years. They will probably defeat all other smartphones one day with BB 10 platform. Until that do not get frustration and switch to an iPhone. Save your money, go through online reviews before purchase a mobile phone, go to your mobile phone centre/provider and compare the new one with your old one, Then make the purchase... Good Luck...!!!
    04-28-13 09:52 PM
    If nobody buy their the compagny wont be there to offer you a better product in 2-3 year like you said.
    scott0121 likes this.
    04-28-13 10:00 PM
    I was taking you seriously till you said the browser is slow compared to iOS

WhiteBerry Z10 by choice
    04-29-13 01:37 AM
    I recently just upgraded from Rogers from the Iphone 4s to the Z10. I was excited because I had about 4 different blackberries before the Iphone and gave them another chance to hopefully change my perceptions on the brand. The Iphone treated me well, no major software problems and no headaches for over a year.

My initial thoughts of the Z10

-Great screen
    -Great keyboard, love the predicting text
    -Liked the expandable memory as I can load all my music and movies on the 64 gig SD card
    -Even going off on my friends to switch over

5 days later with using the phone you start realizing the software flaws and glitches

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone
    -Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device
    - My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp
    - I've downloaded multiple apps and PAID for them and they don't even work properly, either laggy or crashing or freezing, ex Asphalt 7 and chasing yellow. I understand that might be the game software problem however I have never had a problem with any apps I've downloaded on iphone
    -It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot
    - ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day
    - Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone
    - Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus
    -Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app.

I am sure there are little things I am missing however for a customer to take the jump from IOS and give BlackBerry a new chance, these problems cannot happen 5 days into using the phone. Thank god Rogers did an exception to upgrade me back to Iphone 5 after hours of talking to management and not to give me another Z10

I am not trying to come on here and be negative about the phone but do yourself a favor and wait to purchase the phone until these software problems get sorted out or if even it ever does.

Posted via CB10
    On an iPhone 5 the above would have taken a day to type. On a blackberry z10... a few minutes. It's strange that my z10 had none of the problems yours did. I have the same apps as well, and besides the very rare crashing of asphalt due to what I suspect is overheating since the battery heats up like lava after a 10 minutes, I really have had no issues with call integrity. As for the map issue, it was probably set for the most direct route, which is usually the busiest route. There is also a traffic feature that would hav let you check if it was navigating you into gridlock. I find the map obviously not as detailed as Google maps, but the turn by turn directions are usually better. And I typed all this in a couple minutes because my z10 and it's keyboard are amazing.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:41 AM
    I am a big fan of Apple iphone. It’s my dream to own one of the iphone. Since two years I am using iphone. I didn’t even bother to look at Z10.
    05-10-13 06:56 AM
    I am a big fan of Apple iphone. It’s my dream to own one of the iphone. Since two years I am using iphone. I didn’t even bother to look at Z10.
    Yet you post on the Z10 thread....

.... have a nice day.
    05-10-13 07:13 AM
143 ... 456