I'm interested in hearing more about the media player.

The one on my 9800 is a little frustrating to use and I was hoping it was improved for the Z10.

Sometimes I like syncing an iTunes playlist, but other times I prefer to just "drag and drop" a few songs into an existing playlist on the phone. With the 9800 it has to rebuild all the playlists every time a file is added, and then the file is inevitably added to the bottom of the list. When you're using a playlist with 50+ songs, moving the song to the top of the list isn't a trivial process.

I still have no idea what this "Automatic" playlist is.
    02-28-13 12:25 AM
    Have you heard the audio quality of the iPHONE? No BB comes remotely close...you have no clue what you're talking about. Try making a phone call to the same person from an iPHONE and a Z10...if you can't tell the huge audio quality difference between the two, you need to go to an audiologist for a hearing exam. I have a Z10...and I actually like the device, but the OP is not wrong about this. I have had every BB device since 1999...and yes, they keep getting better, but the iPHONE does some things the BB will never do well, like audio quality. There's a reason that RIM has been losing huge market share for years. There's also a reason Apple almost killed them in a few short years.
    I have my iphone5 and my z10 side by side, tested the speaker quality. The z10 is louder.
    melb_me likes this.
    02-28-13 12:26 AM
    I recently just upgraded from Rogers from the Iphone 4s to the Z10. I was excited because I had about 4 different blackberries before the Iphone and gave them another chance to hopefully change my perceptions on the brand. The Iphone treated me well, no major software problems and no headaches for over a year.

My initial thoughts of the Z10

-Great screen
    -Great keyboard, love the predicting text
    -Liked the expandable memory as I can load all my music and movies on the 64 gig SD card
    -Even going off on my friends to switch over

5 days later with using the phone you start realizing the software flaws and glitches

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone
    -Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device
    - My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp
    - I've downloaded multiple apps and PAID for them and they don't even work properly, either laggy or crashing or freezing, ex Asphalt 7 and chasing yellow. I understand that might be the game software problem however I have never had a problem with any apps I've downloaded on iphone
    -It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot
    - ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day
    - Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone
    - Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus
    -Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app.

I am sure there are little things I am missing however for a customer to take the jump from IOS and give BlackBerry a new chance, these problems cannot happen 5 days into using the phone. Thank god Rogers did an exception to upgrade me back to Iphone 5 after hours of talking to management and not to give me another Z10

I am not trying to come on here and be negative about the phone but do yourself a favor and wait to purchase the phone until these software problems get sorted out or if even it ever does.

Posted via CB10
    Thank god indeed. Thank god. Thank god for Apple. Thank god for iPhone 5. Thank god for everything!
    tp2386 likes this.
    02-28-13 12:31 AM
    I have my iphone5 and my z10 side by side, tested the speaker quality. The z10 is louder.
    loud =/= quality.
    02-28-13 12:32 AM
    And thank you @jdhooghe for seeing the post for what it is. I did hours of research on the Z10 before getting it, so yes i was let down coming from an Iphone not to come on here to bash the Z10. This thread can be helpful for those who have an Iphone who are contemplating of switching. I am sure i will not be the last one bringing these issues up.
    02-28-13 12:32 AM
    Thank god indeed. Thank god. Thank god for Apple. Thank god for iPhone 5. Thank god for everything!
    Do you need to waste all that space quoting that entire post just to say that?
    02-28-13 12:33 AM
    I'm interested in hearing more about the media player.

The one on my 9800 is a little frustrating to use and I was hoping it was improved for the Z10.

Sometimes I like syncing an iTunes playlist, but other times I prefer to just "drag and drop" a few songs into an existing playlist on the phone. With the 9800 it has to rebuild all the playlists every time a file is added, and then the file is inevitably added to the bottom of the list. When you're using a playlist with 50+ songs, moving the song to the top of the list isn't a trivial process.

I still have no idea what this "Automatic" playlist is.
    The Z10 media player is great, particularly for music. Organises by artist/album/track # with artwork and everything. Its quite smooth and easy to use
    sooman54 likes this.
    02-28-13 12:36 AM
    Do you need to waste all that space quoting that entire post just to say that?
    Yes. I think after I have been forced for weeks to read garbage, garbage, and more garbage for posters with 10 or less posts who supposedly decided how their world is ending because they switched from -insert phone here- to Z10 I quite don't care that I am wasting anyone's time and space.

Oh and let's not forget....

INSTAGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!
    sooman54 and PatrickMJS like this.
    02-28-13 12:39 AM
    Jdhooghe- Yes I have, my 15yr old son has one. Why do you ask? 2-Z10's, 2-iphones and 2 droids in my household and I'm lucky enough to own one of the Z10's. I've listened to them all and in my opinion the sound quality is much better on the Z10. I am allowed my own opinion am I not? Have you heard the sound quality on the Z10 or any other phones for that matter?

Posted via CB10
    Then that is fantastic news then! How does it compare to dolby audio and have you compared the two with the same set of earphones? The apple earphones sound tiny.

@jdhooghe

Oh, I read his post, but thanks for your concern about my reading comprehension, champ.

My point stands: if the OP was tickled pink with his iPhone, why go back to a brand he had been unhappy with previously, then - after deciding that he'd made a mistake - go to a BlackBerry enthusiast site and rip the product, particularly after he'd already made it clear that he no longer had his Z10. He quite obviously didn't come here to learn if there were fixes for his issues, nor to see if someone could help him with his problems. He came here to dump on the Z10.

Yet, you find it strange that people - on a BlackBerry enthusiast site - actually have the nerve to defend the Z10?

Amazing.
    No. Your point had zero. ZERO. Logic behind it. He told everyone that he WANTED to come back to blackberry because he LOVED it in the past. He DIDN'T want to be on an iPhone anymore. He ripped apart the inadequacies he found and posted it for people still on the fence. To people who's sight wasn't clouded by rose-colored glasses. This forum has arguments FOR and AGAINST a product. It is for opinions, news, and help. YOU accused him of lying and not having one and only being here to spread discord. HIS opinion. HIS findings. HIS thread. Not yours. We already know your opinion. Everything is peachy and it is the second coming of christ. Think before you post, Sport and give everyone's opinion respect.
    SlickCity likes this.
    02-28-13 12:49 AM
    The apple paid trolls are in full business

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and PatrickMJS like this.
    02-28-13 12:56 AM
    The point is the types of problems you were having AREN'T happening with a lot of ppl with this phone. Which is why yours probably had some problems specific to your unit and an exchange probably would have fixed you up.

.... and the problem with automatically downloaded and undeleteable NBA logos is, frankly, hard to swallow.
    I think it happens all the time. If I understand it correctly, this happens with my 9900. But it is a no-issue. When inside media, go to pictures, in the menu select "Import pictures". This opens up the temp. folders created for images that get downloaded on browsing. Import the temp. folder; you should see it listed in Pics under Media. Delete this folder to permanently get rid of those pics. Please ignore, if I got it wrong and this isn't what the issue was.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 02-28-13 at 02:54 AM.
    convenor likes this.
    02-28-13 12:56 AM
    The apple paid trolls are in full business

Posted via CB10
    *face palm*
    02-28-13 01:00 AM
    Side-load "The Chive" and see what ends up in your photo album after. Yikes!

8 times as many posts as he had....but who's counting.

My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp

If I was having a problem with my 5 day old phone I would be browsing the Crackberry site and perhaps asking if there were any suggestions (such as reloading the OS) I wouldn't be posting a long blog after I got my new iPhone about what was wrong with my BB.
    tjodalv likes this.
    02-28-13 01:35 AM
    And thank you @jdhooghe for seeing the post for what it is. I did hours of research on the Z10 before getting it, so yes i was let down coming from an Iphone not to come on here to bash the Z10. This thread can be helpful for those who have an Iphone who are contemplating of switching. I am sure i will not be the last one bringing these issues up.
    Hey, if you have issues with the Z10, I can understand that. I think there are things a first generation OS will need to fix and these are things that Blackberry can learn to improve on.

But... common, you came on "Crack"berry.com to complain about the phone, understandable, but then you rubbed salt into the wounds of people who love their Blackberrys by stating;

"I am sure there are little things I am missing however for a customer to take the jump from IOS and give BlackBerry a new chance, these problems cannot happen 5 days into using the phone. Thank god Rogers did an exception to upgrade me back to Iphone 5 after hours of talking to management and not to give me another Z10"

Whether it is Crackberry or you chewed up the iPhone on an Apple lover website and said, thank God for the Z10 because iPhone is stagnant, you are just going to get destroyed!!!!!

This right here is a learning experience my friend. Good luck with your iPhone, but I do hope that you come back home to the Blackberry family when these issues are fixed... as they will be!

I am digressing now, so you can stop reading if you want! Different train of thought, but if you are a people person, you love your Blackberry, if you want to get !hit done, you will love a Blackberry, if communicating is a priority, security, if you want a different user experience, multi-tasking, and now if you want to have any potential app to use on the phone that has endless potential, you will love this Z10. That is something I would say to someone coming from iPhone. To me if those aren't some of the core priorities, then the Z10 is not the phone for you.

Here is how I see it, all phones are now fun and do everything well including apps. But here is my summary of the major OS (not including windows phone):

Androids are good for customizing on an open platform (For me too messy)
    iPhones are good for apps and is so simple to use (For me too simple)
    Blackberrys are for communicators who want to get !hit done fast (For me, just right as it is so integrated)
    Windows is pretty (For me, love the tiles and colours!?)

Maybe I simplified it a little too much, but in this addition of in my opinion, you got to know what your priority is when picking up a phone.
    Last edited by BB_Ooo; 02-28-13 at 02:52 AM.
    02-28-13 02:27 AM
    You might want to actually find that mythical article to check on its validity. Just because you've heard it from a fan-person, doesn't mean it's true.
    No problem, here you go:

Apple's iPhone Australia map leading travellers to snake infested area, police warn

Australian Police: Using Apple Maps Could Be 'Life Threatening' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Australia police discourage use of Apple maps app after rescues | Apple - CNET News

I used those maps. They did suck. I think we can all agree that at this time, Google Maps has nailed it, and native OS maps are needing work.
    02-28-13 06:10 AM
    I don't know what is going on in this thread but I have fiddled extensively with the Z10 and at this point in time I cannot recommend it above the plethora of Androids out there as well as the iPhone.

The positives are:

The phone is nicely made and is the perfect size in my opinion.

The virtual keyboard is a treat and quite possibly the Z10's crowning glory

The browser is super quick... Very, very impressed with this.

Negatives are:

Second rate image processing under low light. Must be said that the camera performs adequately otherwise.

Vastly improved app selection over the PlayBook but still nowhere near the standard set by iOS and I refuse to side load some of the more popular Android apps.

Lack of themes. Although not a killer for me I enjoyed theming my previous BlackBerry's. There were some talented theme devs and by removing this they've moved to a more closed iOS like system.

Some apps are laggy, especially the Android ports. It just takes away from the experience somewhat but I haven't been able to ascertain if it is app specific or just the Android runtime.

Phone is terrible to use outside while in direct sunlight.

Other than that I'm really on the fence with the active frames (I just don't like them) and the Blackberry Hub (find it cumbersome for some reason).

So all in all it just doesn't offer anything new except the gesture UI which some might not like.

It is a promising start for BlackBerry 10 though. I'm actually leaning toward getting the Q10 to replace my 9900. Hopefully by then some of the teething problems will have been attended to.
    02-28-13 06:33 AM
    Might as well make use of the forum to give insight before I send back my phone

Posted via CB10
    I haven't read past this post but...bit I've read a lot of posts with this same theme, but then post a retraction when they actually give the Z10 another go.
    02-28-13 07:18 AM
    Sounds like you got a dud...my Z10 has had none of those problems, and is as stable as any phone I've ever used. There's been a couple slight quirks that I've noticed and quickly found there to be fixes available or in the pipeline for the first update, but on the whole, the phone is a dream to use...the features and apps work amazingly well for a 1st generation device, better than a lot of much more mature products.
    took the words right out of my mouth
    02-28-13 07:36 AM
    Weather listening through headphones or connecting DIRECTLY to my stereo the Z10 simply destroys my ipod. Sorry! And because listening to music from these devices is a very large part of what they are all about I give the Z10 a big +1. Oh and I really like the stock music player on the Z10. It has no equalizer...because it really does not need one. These are just my opinions of course.
    02-28-13 07:47 AM
    Weather listening through headphones or connecting DIRECTLY to my stereo the Z10 simply destroys my ipod. Sorry! And because listening to music from these devices is a very large part of what they are all about I give the Z10 a big +1. Oh and I really like the stock music player on the Z10. It has no equalizer...because it really does not need one. These are just my opinions of course.
    Agreed. I find that it is much louder. When I was at the gym, I could not turn my iphone volume high enough to drown out the background noise around me. My Z10 doesn't even need to get to the highest volume setting to accomplish that.
    sooman54 likes this.
    02-28-13 07:57 AM
    I am not related to OP, have to admit what OP claimed is quite true. I own iPhone 4S and BB 9900 (latest OS installed). And I am one of those waiting in line to get Z10. I had 9800 Torch which then upgraded to 9900, which I thought would relief me from the pain such as slow, loading-sand-glass time, which then requires me to do "battery pull" which is not cool at all. I mean what kind of phone requires a battery-pull? My dad's old Nokia don't do that. Yet I don't give up on BB. I am hoping that it won't happen in Z10.
    QERNB likes this.
    02-28-13 08:25 AM
    sound to me that you are an iphone guy that tryed the bb just to see what it was like and did not give it a reasonable time to figure it out. So you went to what you really wanted anyway. Please, go whine in imore.
    02-28-13 08:28 AM
    I find it odd you can post from an iPhone using the cb10 app.

Lol
    02-28-13 08:33 AM
    Also, with 4 posts, I'd wager that you specifically joined this site to make this crap thread that isn't seeking help, but just plain whining.

I don't blame you though, I blame the mods here at crackberry for not making a minimum posts requirement to start new threads. Very stupid on their part.
    Yeah Crackberry should really institute this policy ASAP. The amount of Troll Threads since the Z10 launched is ridiculous & it's only going to get worse once the Z10 launches in the USA.

Another option would be a Sticky Thread for all these people claiming to be returning their Z10's. Then any time yet another new Thread is started the Mods could just quickly move it into the Stickied Thread.
    02-28-13 08:59 AM
    .... and the problem with automatically downloaded and undeleteable NBA logos is, frankly, hard to swallow.
    The same thing happened to my PlayBook but the icons only show for me when attaching a picture to an email. They do not appear in pictures or downloads folders. There must be a couple hundred of these logos that I picked up at some travel website and I haven't been able to figure a way to delete them.
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4s to Z10 - My experience-img_00000646.jpg  
    02-28-13 10:02 AM
143 12345 ...