The first what? I thought we were talking about the card metaphor for app switching. Palm did that before Blackberry and shipped actual phones to actual customers with this interface idea in 2009.

If we're talking about integrated phones with PDA and email capability, then didn't the Palm Treo 180 ship before the first Blackberry phones?

Or is your point that Blackberry made pagers first?
    As far as I know BlackBerry borrowed that from WebOs. Correct me if I'm wrong
    07-13-13 01:28 PM
    BASED on history, palm came after BlackBerry.... 8 years later.

So palm and the rest copied BlackBerry, they were the first ones

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 10.2.0.483 from Sweden. [2ABA2B4C]
    Dude, we are talking about the Operating Systems, you're talking about the companies themselves. In terms of Os'es WebOS was first, it was released in january 2009 and has thus been in development since at least 2007. Bbry's tablet OS was announced in september 2010.
    There is no way WebOS could have been copied from something that hasn't been released yet.
    raremage likes this.
    07-13-13 01:30 PM
    As far as I know BlackBerry borrowed that from WebOs. Correct me if I'm wrong
    I don't know if BB designers/engineers borrowed the card metaphor from WebOS necessarily. There may have been other UI's with that metaphor even before that.

But the fact of the matter is the Palm team was using this idea before Playbook or BB10 existed.
    07-13-13 01:31 PM
    Dude, we are talking about the Operating Systems, you're talking about the companies themselves. In terms of Os'es WebOS was first, it was released in january 2009 and has thus been in development since at least 2007. Bbry's tablet OS was announced in september 2010.
    There is no way WebOS could have been copied from something that hasn't been released yet.
    Bbry had os4 or so? Can't it be that they just continued from there?

And that it looks like webos?

07-13-13 01:32 PM
    Bbry had os4 or so? Can't it be that they just continued from there?

And that it looks like webos?

If you will recall, the title of this thread is "iOS7 Copying Blackberry 10". The "copying" that is cited is the card metaphor used to switch between apps in BB10 and iOS7.

The point I and others are making is that you can't say that Apple borrowed the idea from Blackberry, when Palm was already using that idea a couple of years earlier.

And the bigger point is that the whole "X copied from Y" thing is silly, because everyone in inspired by ideas they see in other products around them. Where do you think Blackberry got the idea of making a full touch screen tablet device?
    gillaz and mikeo007 like this.
    07-13-13 01:41 PM
    What a stupid argument? Who cares? Ultimately BB probably paid some patent fee for it anyway
    07-13-13 02:24 PM
    07-13-13 02:43 PM
    Apple could have bought webOS / Palm . Not sure why not. It was the most loved OS in 2011 . If I were Rim I would have bought Palm and copied what everyone else loves but BB10 have some of those features. I would like to dismiss apps with a swipe up instead of touch an X. We do this for Folders, why not active frames?
    07-13-13 03:03 PM
    Who cares.
    Apparently you don't but we do and the reason I made the post is cuz as BlackBerry user I hadn't notice that until now and maybe a few others either. Now I have something to rub in my brother face. Even tho I know that's going to be an original and revolutionary idea because they are going to name it different
    07-13-13 03:07 PM
    Apparently you don't but we do and the reason I made the post is cuz as BlackBerry user I hadn't notice that until now and maybe a few others either. Now I have something to rub in my brother face. Even tho I know that's going to be an original and revolutionary idea because they are going to name it different
    Jeez, ok. Enjoy fighting with your brother over who's phone is better.
    07-13-13 04:21 PM
    Webos was first as said earlier. However the multitasking used on BB10 has more similarities with meego in my opinion. Both would have been a great idea ! The way you close an application on Webos was clearly brillant.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 04:28 PM
    Same os with new layout and some new apps build in. It's fine and let them. Ios is getting worser every upgrade to a newer version.

It's following symbian path

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:10 PM
    I hope you are not serious. They all copy them all or what they think is good out them. Get over it.
    Sadly, he appears to be. Lost a little more faith in humanity from reading this gubbins
    07-13-13 05:33 PM
38 12