Huuum....odd. I actually can't find any good reason to get an iPhone

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Even though I am buying nexus 7 and i ditched playbook i love z10 and I would not trade it in the world

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-13 09:03 PM
    I have no idea if this will offend anyone, but my aging mother who has dementia settling in was completely incapable of using the android phone we bought for her but has been able to adapt to her new iphone much better. There is nothing wrong with developing a system suitable for the elderly or those new to smart phones. I don't view that as a slam but just reality.
    07-24-13 09:15 PM
    I have no idea if this will offend anyone, but my aging mother who has dementia settling in was completely incapable of using the android phone we bought for her but has been able to adapt to her new iphone much better. There is nothing wrong with developing a system suitable for the elderly or those new to smart phones. I don't view that as a slam but just reality.
    Presented the way you did, no problem. Making a sweeping generalisation to ecompass the whole of a group, not the same thing.

And let's not suddenly develop collective amnesia as to the derisive comments some posters have made regarding who uses iPhones, have we?
    07-25-13 04:07 AM
    Just because I've been predicting Apple's reign supreme is coming to an end.

Apple's market share slips to lowest point in last 4 years.

http://usat.ly/1dZQvF8

While #3 and #4 manufacturers sales doubled.

Gotta admit, I didn't even know Lenovo made phones. Are they the ones making all those cheap androids you get at the prepaid places?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:24 AM
    Just because I've been predicting Apple's reign supreme is coming to an end.

Apple's market share slips to lowest point in last 4 years.

http://usat.ly/1dZQvF8

While #3 and #4 manufacturers sales doubled.

Gotta admit, I didn't even know Lenovo made phones. Are they the ones making all those cheap androids you get at the prepaid places?

Posted via CB10
    Apple has their budget iPhone coming, at which point we shall see what happens. It's easy for androids and BBs to own low end market share when Apple isn't even competing there, and that's where all those devices are moving. Our store, if people want a cheap but outright phone or $0 contract phone, it's a cheap POS Samsung or LG running android. As far as high end higher price phones, it's iPhone 4S or 5 every time. We only sold 1 GS4, we've sold 3 or 4 Xperia ZL, 2 HTC One, and a lot of Z10. No Q. No ones even asking about the Q.

And as far as the financial side , Apple stock may be lower than usual but...

I'm sure BB would love to be doing as poorly. One of those is the US stock and the other is the TSX.

Shhhh qbnkelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-13 10:46 AM
    Apple has their budget iPhone coming, at which point we shall see what happens. It's easy for androids and BBs to own low end market share when Apple isn't even competing there, and that's where all those devices are moving. Our store, if people want a cheap but outright phone or $0 contract phone, it's a cheap POS Samsung or LG running android. As far as high end higher price phones, it's iPhone 4S or 5 every time. We only sold 1 GS4, we've sold 3 or 4 Xperia ZL, 2 HTC One, and a lot of Z10. No Q. No ones even asking about the Q.

And as far as the financial side , Apple stock may be lower than usual but...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/27/zubatama.jpg

I'm sure BB would love to be doing as poorly. One of those is the US stock and the other is the TSX.

Life is tough in the tech smartphone industry. Who you are and your value as a human being has nothing to do with the Phone Platform you use. Some here enjoy taking little jabs, some swing for the fences. Others respond jab for jab, and still others seek to destroy for the slightest or largest provocation. If you live by the eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth mantra all you will end up with is sightless and toothless people. These are phones for goodness sakes. Now a healthy disagreement is fine. Debate away all you want. But ease up on one another people.

Now let me do something that might induce a little levity and truth to this discussion. I read a great article on N4BB and posted a link in the General Discussion threads that everyone needs to see. It is perceptions people have of BlackBerry thru pictures. I would post it here, but don't know how because I am on my amazingly beautiful Z10 that always works (qbnkelt) but I don't know how to work it.

So I switched to my computer. This is by Ross Cheriton: Enjoy.
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-actually-perceived/

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-27-13 11:06 AM
    I wouldn't give that site the click through.

They make a hobby out of trash talking users here and actively trying to sabotage this site while name calling the owners and having users there who've been banned here encourage people creating alts to troll this site. And the site owner does nothing to stop it.

No thanks.

07-27-13 11:19 AM
    I wouldn't give that site the click through.

They make a hobby out of trash talking users here and actively trying to sabotage this site while name calling the owners and having users there who've been banned here encourage people creating alts to troll this site. And the site owner does nothing to stop it.

No thanks.

I find your response interesting since there have times that CrackBerry Kevin and others link or refer to articles that first appear on that site. If you will click through, you will laugh because of the creativity of the article. N4BB is not like BGR. Trust me on this one. You will find it quite a refreshing and humorous tongue in cheek pictorial essay. C'mon, just one click through. One itsy bitsy click is all it takes. You will be glad you did.
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-27-13 12:00 PM
    I find your response interesting since there have times that CrackBerry Kevin and others link or refer to articles that first appear on that site. If you will click through, you will laugh because of the creativity of the article. N4BB is not like BGR. Trust me on this one. You will find it quite a refreshing and humorous tongue in cheek pictorial essay. C'mon, just one click through. One itsy bitsy click is all it takes. You will be glad you did.
    I am one of the people they bash on that site.

No.

07-27-13 12:28 PM
    Life is tough in the tech smartphone industry. Who you are and your value as a human being has nothing to do with the Phone Platform you use. Some here enjoy taking little jabs, some swing for the fences. Others respond jab for jab, and still others seek to destroy for the slightest or largest provocation. If you live by the eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth mantra all you will end up with is sightless and toothless people. These are phones for goodness sakes. Now a healthy disagreement is fine. Debate away all you want. But ease up on one another people.

Now let me do something that might induce a little levity and truth to this discussion. I read a great article on N4BB and posted a link in the General Discussion threads that everyone needs to see. It is perceptions people have of BlackBerry thru pictures. I would post it here, but don't know how because I am on my amazingly beautiful Z10 that always works (qbnkelt) but I don't know how to work it.

So I switched to my computer. This is by Ross Cheriton: Enjoy.
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-actually-perceived/

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    My point with the article was that several pages ago I brought up the fact that all but one of my friends are going to be trading in their Iphones for something else when their contracts come up, and some rather pleasant person decided to call my statement funny and question the truthfulness of it. When this article popped up in my USA Today app, my initial reaction was, well, I guess my friends aren't the only ones leaving the iPhone, and I wanted to share in the thread I was bashed in.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 03:09 PM
    That site makes it a habit of insulting CB, the mods here, Kevin. They actually discuss how to disrupt this site. And they are in a campaign to pooch members from here. These are facts.

That site is made up of the worst grandstanding self promoting banned trolls ever. These are facts.

Last year I got an invite to join, I checked what was going on there and I refused. And this year they're still going at it, people from there posting here to click through there for more info. There is no more info, just a ploy to get hits. Because it is an absolutely dead site.

Sent from my beautiful, always-working, never-failing white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...
    07-27-13 03:29 PM
    I love my Z. Correct. But I don't understand how time and time again, people are allowed to make snide comments and then the person that defends is the one that gets the wrist slapped. Please look at my profile, I've been around a while too, just haven't felt the need to jump in until recently. Do I think BlackBerry is best on market? Best for me yes. Best for them, obviously not. Best spec wise, nope. Does their opinion count? Of course. Does mine? Yes.

So when I make a statement, of a fact, that of everyone I know in real life, that have Iphones, only one is sticking with iPhone, the rest will be leaving the platform for something else (and I think I made it clear that they were not all jumping to bb, that it's not a case of Yay, BlackBerry wins apple), and that I take this to mean that I truly think the time of apple's absolute dominance is over. Never claimed they were going out of business, never claimed they'd stop making Iphones. But I'm the only phone geek I know, my friends and aquantances are all typical American consumers. They don't visit this site or any of the mobile nations. They get all their info from TV commercials basically, typical America consumers, and they are leaving ios.

Now, I think my statement tied in with the topic, and did not deserve the immediate reaction from those two. And the fact that I am used to reading these reactions from them, on an almost daily basis, I feel I have the right to defend myself.

Posted via CB10
    The numbers don't support your theory. Especially in the US. Here in Australia Blackberry's TOTAL market share is less than 1%. It's actually .6%. That's not an ecosystem that I would classify as "popular".
    07-27-13 08:17 PM
    The numbers don't support your theory. Especially in the US. Here in Australia Blackberry's TOTAL market share is less than 1%. It's actually .6%. That's not an ecosystem that I would classify as "popular".
    And at what point did I say it was popular? I said it was king I believe, back when it was BlackBerry and palm. Back before iPhone and Android. My point was that apple's time as king is coming to a close. I've said several times, I don't think the iPhone is going anywhere. It will always have fans, just like BlackBerry does. I think people are already leaving iPhone. And when the new ones come out, there will probably be lines to get it, just like every other time, but I think those lines will be shorter than ever before. Because Apple is doing the same thing that BlackBerry did before. It's time for them to innovate. They're being arrogant. Saying we don't need to move forward while everyone else is. And I think it's time for ios users to admit that now that BlackBerry has jumped in to modern phones, they're the ones using an outdated os with hardware that lacks so many options all the other phones have as standard. Honestly, can't we all agree it's not the top phone now? Samsung sells more phones, if Samsung made one phone, or apple made more than one, I don't think there'd be any question, Samsung holds the crown. That's why apple keeps sueing them. And that's my problem. Apple does not want competition, and goes extreme routes to kill competition. The only time they've liked competition was when Bill Gates bailed them out.

Please re-read what I've wrote. I never said BlackBerry is winning, on the contrary, I've said they can be number 4 and be happy as long as they stay profitable. And I think that if what I predict comes true, android will be the top os, Samsung the top phone maker, and yes, BlackBerry and Windows will pick up a lot of users. And if they're still 3 and 4? Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:49 PM
    Aaaawwww shut yar trap......

ssssshhhhhh.....Reeneebob and I have a sooper dooper seekret....we're the same person so we use the same iPhone 5 with Tapatalk.....ssssshhhhh.....
    Lol. Worth a shot.
    07-29-13 11:14 AM
    If this offends anyone, they shouldn't be on the Internet.
    I would begin putting BB10 up there with android when it comes to complexity. The nature of the OS is to keep moving.the efficiency on this phone is incredible but for the elderly who are a bit slower, I don't think BB10 would be the right choice. IPhone is much simpler

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:18 AM
    If this offends anyone, they shouldn't be on the Internet.
    I would begin putting BB10 up there with android when it comes to complexity. The nature of the OS is to keep moving.the efficiency on this phone is incredible but for the elderly who are a bit slower, I don't think BB10 would be the right choice. IPhone is much simpler

Posted via CB10
    And THAT in a nutshell, is why Apple still has the most desireable and most well-known smartphone in the world. It's the reason they sell more smartphones than anybody. It's the reason they still have (in most polls) the highest customer satisfaction numbers in the business.

BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE MOST INTUITIVE, MOST POLISHED, YET MOST SIMPLE OPERATING SYSTEM IN THE BUSINESS.

I remember the moment that I viewed the iPhone's decline from uber-exclusivity, and that's when a elderly couple sat next to me at the Best Buy Mobile service bar and both pulled out iPhone 4S's and started using them like pros. I felt my own percieved "coolness" drop about 100-points! It was also then when I got the revelation as to why Apple has been so damned successful. They have the amazing ability to market to what is important to everyday non-geeky people...reliability, simplicity, effectiveness...and "coolness" (yes, the iPhone is still kind of "cool" to a lot of people).

I would love to see BB rise to that level. But looking at their marketing structure at present (or the lack thereof), I doubt that will happen.
    08-03-13 09:34 AM
    I have always loved my BlackBerry devices and same goes for my new BB10 device. The IOS comparisons are getting old, I've never owned an iPhone and I would never buy one and that's only because I prefer BlackBerry. To me, BlackBerry is a smartphone and Iphone is nothing but a glorified smart Ipod with voice call capabilities (my opinion). Word of mouth sells BlackBerries and that is not about to change with BB10. So lets stop talking about Ipods, now, can somebody tell me what is taking up so much of my onboard storage space.

Posted via The Fantastic Z10
    08-03-13 09:41 AM
    Are we really too late?
    Probably.
    08-14-13 03:19 PM
243 ... 8910