Dear BlackBerry, please do something extremely cool, and integrate a translation setting into the keyboard. Allow me to type in English, and have my messages arrive at sender in French, or Spanish, etc. That would be a mini revolution in human communication...do it before Apple or Android do!

PS - Please do it!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 11:54 AM
    I wouldn't support that cause I noticed from automatic translations that a lot get lost or the meaning is totally different. Personally I speak more than 5 languages fluently and when I use these automatic translations like Google the complete meaning of the text is really different. I wouldn't blind trust any automatic translation.

CB10 - Q10
    08-03-13 12:10 PM
    I am bilingual as well, and I do agree that translations are often too literal and lack idiomatic accuracy. Still, when you are dealing with two people who have little to no understanding of each other's languages, such an aid would be quote useful. All one would have to do is set their phone to a given language, and whoever sends texts would be able to communicate, no matter where in the world they happen to be. Or, they could just learn English, which is what people tend to do now, I suppose. Again, I entirely agree that translation by computer is not perfect, but eventually I think someone is going to do it, and I think it would be more helpful than harmful.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 04:54 PM