I saw this over in the 'News & Rumors' section but thought this was pretty big. It seems like Instagram may be here sooner then later. Take a look at the picture below and you can clearly see the Instagram icon.

Instagram listed as an app in BBLive event-crackberry-image.jpg

Original thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8487296
    05-15-13 08:30 PM
    ...rather interesting.
    05-15-13 08:34 PM
    They had skype during PlayBook launch and it still doesn't have it. I'm not excited.

Posted via CB10
    rnhld likes this.
    05-15-13 08:36 PM
    Very cool to see, perhaps BlackBerry could be in for a surprise in the coming weeks?
    05-15-13 08:39 PM
    No need to get your hopes up.

They also show a YouTube app - which is currently just a web launcher.
    05-15-13 08:44 PM
    They had skype during PlayBook launch and it still doesn't have it. I'm not excited.

Posted via CB10
    I think we need to stop quoting this example to predict current situations. That was a different BlackBerry back then, different management, different environment. Things have changed significantly and they have learned from their mistakes. I feel like if they post an app at a BBLive event there is some merit to it.
    nuff_said and SDTRMG like this.
    05-15-13 08:49 PM
    What puzzles me is the fact they kept quiet during Tuesday. They announced a lot of other big apps like Moog, but no mention of Instagram, which to me would have been perfect timing unless its far from being ready. I'm sure lots of users would be happy to hear that its coming. Either way it is good to see it displayed like this, it gives me hope
    jdhooghe likes this.
    05-15-13 08:58 PM
    What puzzles me is the fact they kept quiet during Tuesday. They announced a lot of other big apps like Moog, but no mention of Instagram, which to me would have been perfect timing unless its far from being ready. I'm sure lots of users would be happy to hear that its coming. Either way it is good to see it displayed like this, it gives me hope
    Ya, good point, interesting why no announcement was made these past couple of days.
    05-15-13 10:06 PM
    Or they're planning a MINDBLOWING surprise

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17 likes this.
    05-15-13 10:10 PM
    I also agree that it is a bad sign that they didn't mention, through voice, instagram. That one is a BIG app and to just show it in passing isn't a good sign...
    05-15-13 10:18 PM
    Doesn't mean anything

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    They did not, and I really wish people would stop raising this. Skype showed up in a mockup of App World. And it was quickly taken down. Granted, it definitely implied that it would be there, but there was no explicit promise that Skype was going to be on the PlayBook.
    tonytraj17 likes this.
    05-16-13 12:47 AM