Does anyone here knows when Instagram will be up and running? Not the one we can sideload from android. Thanks!
    04-03-13 10:37 AM
    Search the forums before making a post... many others have asked the same question and got the same answer...

No one knows when until they say something or someone leaks it out. It would be nice for it to come out now but no one has this info.

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    04-03-13 10:39 AM
    hello and welcome to cb!

we have no direct answers for this, pestering instagram would be a good way to find out.
    04-03-13 10:42 AM
    There's a sideload android version that works. use the search function, it's your best friend.
    04-03-13 10:42 AM
    Maybe CB needs to post some rules for new members " have" to read before being approved for the board.... first and foremost... learn to use the search feature on the board... so many duplicate threads since the Z10 has been released... just an idea...
    04-03-13 11:18 AM
    The lack of moderation on this forum scares me and it's the reason im more of a lurker and don't post much.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    04-03-13 11:26 AM
    Ah the daily when will Instagram/Skype be available thread! What kills me is when you type in the topic to start a new thread it shows similar ones that are already open.
    Serkle K likes this.
    04-03-13 12:27 PM
    No official word on a native app. You can sideload it though.

forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/list-sideloaded-apps-working-z10-766594/
    04-03-13 12:46 PM
    Search the forums before making a post... many others have asked the same question and got the same answer...

No one knows when until they say something or someone leaks it out. It would be nice for it to come out now but no one has this info.

Posted via CB10
    +100!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-03-13 03:40 PM
    Guys it's his first post, so he's obviously new here. Give the guy a break. Why is everyone so jumpy?

Posted via CB10
    III 4U2NV III and Camelhmpz like this.
    04-03-13 03:43 PM
    04-03-13 03:44 PM
    Guys it's his first post, so he's obviously new here. Give the guy a break. Why is everyone so jumpy?

Posted via CB10
    I can understand they are new but there is something called " Search".Everyone is new, yet most of us search before me make threads. Even when making a new thread and you out something in the title bar, it will show u the list with what u are about to make.

Not trying to be rude but i and others are tired of seeing the same threads over and over.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree, it's the same in every message board -- noob gets reamed for not searching as if it's the end of the world that something is brought up for the 100th time.

Also agree w/above, more moderation would take care of these kinds of posts and second, be a pal and do a search for the OP and paste a link, you obviously had the time to post to tell him what he did wrong and what he should do.
    04-03-13 03:52 PM
    As a newbie myself I'm not finding CB to be very welcoming in general as a community. Maybe it should be noted in these days of hopeful resurgence of BlackBerry users that in a distant yet real way CB also represents BlackBerry as an operating environment. Just my...two cents.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 03:55 PM
    Instagram?-img_20130403_135645.jpg

This post is so good, I'm instagramming it. In all seriousness, not yet! But I can dig out the address to send a petition to. Keep in mind that instagram still isn't available for WP8 and that has been out for months. It might be awhile!

So I found the twitter address: @instagram, if you want to spam them with tweets.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 04-03-13 at 04:15 PM.
    04-03-13 04:00 PM
    I know what you guys mean. I just try to see it from their perspective. They just got the phone, excited, joining crackberry, and then get shot down lol.
    I know about the search option and I still mess up from time to time :P

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:05 PM
    I agree, it's the same in every message board -- noob gets reamed for not searching as if it's the end of the world that something is brought up for the 100th time.

Also agree w/above, more moderation would take care of these kinds of posts and second, be a pal and do a search for the OP and paste a link, you obviously had the time to post to tell him what he did wrong and what he should do.
    Valid point. Didn't mean to "+100" and add to any hostility. My bad there.

As a long time reader and recent member I do see both sides. The z10 release has clearly ramped up the use of this site and its forums. There are many active members that I see on here daily, actively engaging with and helping other users.

I can also understand that a new user prob just wants a straight answer and not have to read through dozens of threads.

But by seeing the same things asked almost daily, understandably there is a little frustration. Some of the answers are so detailed and thought out that that repeating the info gets pretty time consuming. I can name a dozen users who must put in hours of time on this site weekly.

Perhaps a happy medium would be for CB to have a message pop up at account creation with a friendly reminder to search the forums first. And the rest of us to take a deep breathe and " be a Pal" as you mentioned.

Again my bad. Go z10!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-03-13 04:05 PM
    As a newbie myself I'm not finding CB to be very welcoming in general as a community. Maybe it should be noted in these days of hopeful resurgence of BlackBerry users that in a distant yet real way CB also represents BlackBerry as an operating environment. Just my...two cents.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you... one of my first responses to a post had me slammed against the floor and stepped on for several days... Welcome!!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    This forum is usually really awesome, but I know what you mean. Recently everyone's been on edge, possibly due to the influx of unhelpful threads

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:10 PM