I know that EAS is no longer supported by Google. However, they're still supporting existing account setups/Google apps for business.

My current email accounts are all EAS. I'm thinking of switching my accounts over to IMAP because I've heard it helps save battery life. Yet, I'm reading that EAS is a much more "efficient" method managing email and battery life. To counter this, Adam suggests using IMAP - Ten tips and tricks to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life | CrackBerry.com

So, which is which? Which one is better for battery life?

Thanks folks.
    03-16-13 07:07 AM
    My sense is that EAS is generally more efficient especially in "complex" configurations because among other things it pipelines the various commands into a single session.

Whereas apparently IMAP has to open separate sockets for each synced folder, which increases overhead and potentially reduces battery life because all those folders have their own connection.

Not probably an issue if all you do is monitor the inbox, probably an issue if you monitor/sync tons of folders.

Be very careful about deleting an existing free Google email account currently using EAS, even just to play with IMAP, because it's possible you won't be able to set it up via EAS again now that they are not allowing new device connections using EAS. (It's theoretically possible that their system will "remember" your previously-connected devices GUID or something, but I certainly wouldn't depend on that if losing EAS would be a big problem)
    03-22-13 05:24 PM