I'm having an issue with IMAP on my Z10 (10.3.1.1865, Telus Canada) : I can only connect to the email server when using an unencrypted connection to port 143. When using the SSL connection settings from the provider (port 993) I keep getting the error message, "The IMAP server for your account is not responding. Please check your settings and try again."

I have two other IMAP accounts that are working fine, I can connect to this account over SSL from any other device, and SMTP over SSL works fine as well. It's IMAP over SSL specifically, for this account, on this device, that has the issue.

Googling the issue, I've found a few reports from a couple of years ago, but not one with any actual solution.

The provider (namespro.ca) is at a loss.

If anyone has any ideas, they'd be appreciated.

I've tried over both WiFi and the network, and the Email Account Validation Tool on the BlackBerry website has no issues, either.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:52 PM
    Have you enabled secure password authentication (SPA)? I've read that it is not needed when using SSL/TLS encryption and will not work.
    03-29-15 08:07 PM
    Sorry, I don't think I know what that is? I don't see anything about that in the account setup menu?
    03-29-15 08:15 PM
    Is your email provider using TLSv1.2 only? Than probably it would not work.

I have same issue with ActiveSync.
    I modified my server to accept TLSv1.2 only. But my Z10 stop syncing without an error.
    So if the server accept TLSv1.0 then is it fine.

This issue has been resolved with working as expected. Here is the feedback from our development team:

Quote from Blackberry: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-2990
    This is intentional. TLS 1.0 is the most broadly compatible version with the wider internet; TLS 1.2 has compatibility issues with some servers.
    Possible solutions:
    1) Enable TLS 1.0 on the server.
    2) Use a BES, which has a policy to force TLS 1.2 for a corporate account.
    03-30-15 02:54 AM
    I found it always helpful to try a PC program (Thunderbird) for those issues. You get a bit more flexibility (many more options), better error messages and propably an online help. If you then achieved a working configuration with that program you can do the same settings onto your BB device.
    03-30-15 03:51 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions so far;

As I mentioned in the initial post, I've had no trouble using this account on other devices, but the same settings fail on my Z10.

I'll send a ticket to my host asking about TLS.
    03-30-15 11:46 AM
    This is the SSL IMAP configuration from their website:

SSL connection (standard, secure connection - highly recommended)

SMTP server = mail.yourdomain.ca

SSL SMTP port = 465

IMAP server = mail.yourdomain.ca

SSL IMAP port = 993

username = [email protected] (entire e-mail address)

password = your own password

Outgoing Authentication = ON

Secure (SSL) Logon = ON

Ensure that you have the account set to match, including the Secure (SSL) Logon. You may need to set up some time with support so they can look at the logs to see if you pone is configured properly.

They specifically mentioned BlackBerry on the set up page so it may be as simple as getting someone to give you an option by option setup list.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    03-30-15 04:01 PM