The app store needs more free apps. As a full time college under grad with no money, I'm too cheap to spend on apps. I would rather have ads on my apps than having to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    andymurraylover likes this.
    08-27-13 06:03 PM
    I know what you mean. Starting college with no financial aid whatsoever. I'm working just to pay for school and have no money at all left over. Free apps would be awesome. But realistically it won't happen. Devs expect to make money somehow

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-27-13 06:07 PM
    Despite this sanctimonious crap's opinion, I agree with the OP. I worked during summers and gave 95% of my time the rest of the year to school. That $2 is better spent on coffee. That $5 is better spent on a beer at the campus pub.
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    08-27-13 06:19 PM
    lol if i may tell the "when i was your age" tale. then i would say as a student i had 2 FT jobs and a PT job and still made 4.0 gpa lol.
    So since you have exhausted the BB free apps, goto the sideloading thread and learn how to side load the free andriod apps too.
    08-27-13 06:29 PM
    lol if i may tell the "when i was your age" tale. then i would say as a student i had 2 FT jobs and a PT job and still made 4.0 gpa lol.
    So since you have exhausted the BB free apps, goto the sideloading thread and learn how to side load the free andriod apps too.
    I call shinanigans.

but you're right about sideloading
    08-27-13 06:38 PM
    Whoa so much hate. The thing is, most apps are around 1or 2 bucks. If I think about it, I probably bought enough coffee in one day to satisfy my app purchases for a year.

If you think about it, on a lucky day, you could find enough money on the ground to pay for an app. It's getting over that cheapness. I only spend money on apps when I really need to, like a OCR app for projects or to make note taking way easier.
    08-27-13 07:32 PM
    Stop the name calling and insults!
    08-27-13 07:34 PM
    I guess I have to ask why you have a brand new Z10 if you are too cheap. I'm not going to question whether you work or not. I get it and understand the expenses. Did an undergrad and doctorate. But really, maybe the focus should be on school and not the apps you can get for your smart phone.

All that said, I will say you get what you pay for. Somehow someone has to get paid for putting the effort into offering a product. Since when did everyone expect everything for free? To be honest I am more concerned how the free apps are monetizing their product...is it your personal info they scour for and sell? Who knows. but with everything that is going on recently I wouldn't be surprised. With that then, perhaps 2 bucks for an app is fair...

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:36 PM
    Stop the name calling and insults!
    Lol. Sorry. Got angry at being called lazy.

08-27-13 07:39 PM
    I guess I have to ask why you have a brand new Z10 if you are too cheap. I'm not going to question whether you work or not. I get it and understand the expenses. Did an undergrad and doctorate. But really, maybe the focus should be on school and not the apps you can get for your smart phone.

All that said, I will say you get what you pay for. Somehow someone has to get paid for putting the effort into offering a product. Since when did everyone expect everything for free? To be honest I am more concerned how the free apps are monetizing their product...is it your personal info they scour for and sell? Who knows. but with everything that is going on recently I wouldn't be surprised. With that then, perhaps 2 bucks for an app is fair...

Posted via CB10
    I buy apps. I really dont mind that. I merely said it would be nice to get MORE free apps. And I got my Z10 as a grad gift

08-27-13 07:40 PM
    OP I feel your pain-indirectly but one of my part time staff is going to school and is dirt poor. Can't buy food sometimes before payday - sideloading sounds great- more free apps! Or splurge and buy an app that has great utility and or replay ability! Like the role play Bards tale (I think). You can use the Hdmi output and play on your 55" inch flat screen! - or I mean your 17" computer screen!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:46 PM
    There are plenty of free apps for Android and iOS, and the reason is simple: competition. There are so many apps that do everything under the sun, so some are free just to get people to download them instead of a competitor's app. Then, of course, you can use the apps to market your other apps or a paid version of the app. On BB the apps are more expensive because there are fewer trying to compete.
    08-27-13 07:52 PM
    I guess I have to ask why you have a brand new Z10 if you are too cheap.
    OP already said it was a gift, but noting The Z10 is actually $50-free depending in the carrier with contract. Pretty darn nice phone for being free.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:44 PM
    TheBBjock your right we need more free apps

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 01:34 AM