Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JMDBERRY
  • 1 Post By TomJasper
  • 1 Post By jesse_h
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I'll Title This Thread - "Damn If They Didn't Listen,....Read on....

Well, it looks like RIM actually listen to their loyal BB users. That said, I made a post some time ago about what I thought would be the "Ultimate Blackberry". See link below. If you take a look at the post,....as recapped below, you will see that RIM 1) must have read my thread (..as well as others) here on CB.com and 2) they actually listened. Why do I say this? Well it appears that the BB 10 devices meet or exceeds over 90% of what I then thought RIM should do to get Blackberry back into the game.

( Suggestions For Ultimate 9810 w/QNX! )

In addition to the post, check out the replies,...as one person thought I should be a RIM engineer coming up with specs like these. Well, that's all good,...but I'll stick to being a CB.Com Abuser for now! So, c'mon RIM,...lets do like Forest,...Run RIM Run!!

Here is a recap of the post for those that do not desire to access the link:

1 - First, lets build off the theme of the current 9810 device with the following: -- Ok, this won't happen with the initial BB10 release, but eventually it will.
    a - Dual 1ghz Processors (It's time to seriously step up your game here) -- Exceeded!
    b - 16gb of Onboard Memory -- Met or will Exceed!!
    c - 1gb of RAM (No less....dammit! No less!) -- Exceeded!
    d - Dual Micro SD Slots (Don't ask why! Just do it because you can!!) -- Not! But, they could have been the first to do this!
    e - LTE/HSPA+/3G Radios/other fall back radios for those in rual areas -- Done!
    f - 802.11n WiFi -- Done,...but definitely expected!
    g - Larger screen - 3.7" to 4" no less! -- Exceeded!
    h - Back panel increased in size to allow larger battery capability -- Exceeded, the new BB10 device battery definitely is larger in size!
    (with at least 1000Mah capacity increase over current battery) -- Would have loved to see a 2400 Mah battery for the Z10!
    i - Ability to create its own HotSpot -- Expected! But now, we get an "LTE Hotspot"!
    j - 8mp DigiCam -- WooHoo - Done!
    k - 1.x mp FFC -- Ditto,...Exceeded and done!
    l - 1080p VidiCam (w/Micro HDMI Output) -- Done,...Done,...Done!

2 - A slightly wider device, yet also a slightly thinner device -- Done
    3 - Ability to Run Android Apps -- This will probably happen....as the PB can run Android apps.
    4 - Ability to Run "FLASH",...please,...freak'n please!!!!! -- Can you say "HTML5"? The baby is baked!
    5 - Ability to tether BT based PC peripherals,...mouse, keyboard, etc. -- Well, BB10 will have BT 4.0,...so lets see what it can do!
    6 - Oh! Don't let the weight of the unit bother you too much,...this would be a Big Boy,... Big Girl smartphone! Wimps need not apply!
    -- The BB 10 devices are bigger than previous BBs,...therefore, they are for bigger Boys 'n Girls! Done!
    7 - Name: Blackberry Titan 9890! -- Missed! RIM slept on this one and someone else snatched up the "Titan" name months ago!

The Z10 Rules!
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 01-10-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    JMDBerry
    ...BB Z10; OS 10.3.1.396
    ...Have Blackberry Z10 Will Travel~
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by JMDBERRY View Post
    Weel, it looks like RIM actually listen to their loyal BB users. That said, I made a post some time ago about what I thought would be the "Ultimate Blackberry". See link below. If you take a look at the post,....as recapped below, you will see that RIM 1) must have read my thread (..as well as others) here on CB.com and 2) they actually listened. Why do I say this? Well it appears that the BB 10 devices meet or exceeds over 90% of what I then thought RIM should do to get Blackberry back into the game.

( Suggestions For Ultimate 9810 w/QNX! )

In addition to the post, check out the replies,...as one person thought I should be a RIM engineer coming up with specs like these. Well, that's all good,...but I'll stick to being a CB.Com Abuser for now! So, c'mon RIM,...lets do like Forest,...Run RIM Run!!

Here is a recap of the post for those that do not desire to access the link:

1 - First, lets build off the theme of the current 9810 device with the following: -- Ok, this won't happen with the initial BB10 release, but eventually it will.
    a - Dual 1ghz Processors (It's time to seriously step up your game here) -- Exceeded!
    b - 16gb of Onboard Memory -- Met or will Exceed!!
    c - 1gb of RAM (No less....dammit! No less!) -- Exceeded!
    d - Dual Micro SD Slots (Don't ask why! Just do it because you can!!) -- Not! But, they could have been the first to do this!
    e - LTE/HSPA+/3G Radios/other fall back radios for those in rual areas -- Done!
    f - 802.11n WiFi -- Done,...but definitely expected!
    g - Larger screen - 3.7" to 4" no less! -- Exceeded!
    h - Back panel increased in size to allow larger battery capability -- Exceeded, the new BB10 device battery definitely is larger in size!
    (with at least 1000Mah capacity increase over current battery) -- Would have loved to see a 2400 Mah battery for the Z10!
    i - Ability to create its own HotSpot -- Expected! But now, we get an "LTE Hotspot"! Already in the options on the Dev devices
    j - 8mp DigiCam -- WooHoo - Done!
    k - 1.x mp FFC -- Ditto,...Exceeded and done!
    l - 1080p VidiCam (w/Micro HDMI Output) -- Done,...Done,...Done!

2 - A slightly wider device, yet also a slightly thinner device -- Done
    3 - Ability to Run Android Apps -- This will probably happen....as the PB can run Android apps. Already available on the Dev devices
    4 - Ability to Run "FLASH",...please,...freak'n please!!!!! -- Can you say "HTML5"? The baby is baked! Has both Flash and very high HTML5 compatibility
    5 - Ability to tether BT based PC peripherals,...mouse, keyboard, etc. -- Well, BB10 will have BT 4.0,...so lets see what it can do! Havent tested but worth checking out on a production device. Bluetooth sample programs are in the github so almost certainly.
    6 - Oh! Don't let the weight of the unit bother you too much,...this would be a Big Boy,... Big Girl smartphone! Wimps need not apply!
    -- The BB 10 devices are bigger than previous BBs,...therefore, they are for bigger Boys 'n Girls! Done!
    7 - Name: Blackberry Titan 9890! -- Missed! RIM slept on this one and someone else snatched up the "Titan" name months ago!

The Z10 Rules!
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

dual microSD slots seems a little redundant. a few years ago id maybe agree, but with the larger 64Gb cards and stuff i think that window has passed, especially when you add the fact itll most likely have 16Gb or larger internal storage.

USB OTG would be an option id like to see, as you`d then be able to throw a few bucks at a microusb to SDcard adaptor and use that way if ya really needed to, plus all the other benifits of USB OTG

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMDBERRY View Post
    Weel, it looks like RIM actually listen to their loyal BB users.

The Z10 Rules!
    Blackberry (RIM) has been listening to all input/suggestions for some time, as such "loyal BB users" can expect to see 85% to 95% of their wishes come to be Jan 30 2013.

Thoses who never used a BB product will be simply floored!
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

No offense OP, but those suggestions (not all of them) were logical adaptations that RIM would have had no choice but to include on a new device. You're being a bit naive to believe otherwise.
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    Thanked by 2:
    JMDBERRY (01-10-2013),  q649 (01-10-2013) 
    CairnsRock likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jesseh View Post
    No offense OP, but those suggestions (not all of them) were logical adaptations that RIM would have had no choice but to include on a new device. You're being a bit naive to believe otherwise.
    Naah,...not naive,...just more demanding!
    JMDBerry
    ...BB Z10; OS 10.3.1.396
    ...Have Blackberry Z10 Will Travel~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jesseh View Post
    You just rained on OP's parade. Of course they had no choice because they listened to what people were interested in or wanted or demanded. Chicken vs egg theory?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310E9B05

Someone's a tad uber excited.
    Feeding my addiction since o9..., now it's 2013 and I'm still here!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

I told you so threads are so......
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310E9B05

Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    I told you so threads are so......
    Annoying? Repetitive? Misplaced? Grating? Have no place? While I see where you're coming from, the truth is I like their excitement. I'd rather have folks being uber annoying, as long as their on board. I have an issue when folks aren't down for the cause and come with I told you so threads. It's condescending. Let the OP have his moment. He might end up giving RIM some good PR in his neighborhood lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,902 Global Posts

If RIM wanted to fight back then they Had to beef up the hardware, specs, software...everything to match what Other competitors are doing so they would not be crushed. Why you think Thorsten carries other Phones besides his BB10? For giggles? Geez, to See what Other competitors have and He supports them too. It was not just you. It was everyone.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310E9B05

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    If RIM wanted to fight back then they Had to beef up the hardware, specs, software...everything to match what Other competitors are doing so they would not be crushed. Why you think Thorsten carries other Phones besides his BB10? For giggles? Geez, to See what Other competitors have and He supports them too. It was not just you. It was everyone.
    Oh so negativeeeeeee, all the time! The OP already said other's input as well. I believe he's just happy on steroids. I thought cats don't like water? Why rain on the OP's parade?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,902 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PlaybookFanatic View Post
    Oh so negativeeeeeee, all the time! The OP already said other's input as well. I believe he's just happy on steroids. I thought cats don't like water? Why rain on the OP's parade?
    Because he's not the only one who came up with all of them. As others have stated RIM already had decided on these for a long time...so it's like the OP is crediting himself for making a BB10 device.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310E9B05

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Because he's not the only one who came up with all of them. As others have stated RIM already had decided on these for a long time...so it's like the OP is crediting himself for making a BB10 device.
    But what does it matter if they're excited that RIM is doing great things? It's pretty obvious that wasn't their intention. We all get hyped up like that sometimes. Would you like a Jolly Rancher? They make me feel less cranky.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts

name is the BlackBerry Silverado Zed10

now for a serious name

BlackBerry Slate
    BriniaSona
    Graphic Artist of Sanctity Design
    Founder and Administrator of Kwandrivia: Action Roleplay Forum
    and CrackBerry's Biggest Anime Fan
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't know why us bb people even bother talking specs. RIM is 'all new" and I love the direction the new CEO has taken the company. The new Z10 looks amazing... But common folks, get real... 'Spec' wise, RIM is releasing something that's a year old (in term of specs)... Thank goodness the qnx software is amazing and can destroy the competition anyway.
    Sent from my Bold 9900.