If the Z10 was a smart phone, it might know:

• A number doesn't change when you add a dialling code
    • That pasting in the dialler requires a cursor
    • That we don't always want to copy the entire BBM
    • That I need to know exactly when a call was made even if it was a year ago
    • That I need to read a message before I respond to it
    • That sometimes I need to start a new line in an sms
    • That I don't want to add every single number to my contacts, but I might want to send one an sms
    • That if you are going to help me remember something, give me an alarm
    • Not to hide emoticons in between pages
    • That when I delete a number, that means I want it deleted
    • That when I copy a number (from the hub) I would like to paste it somewhere
    • That I will not put the phone to my ear until I've accepted the call
    • That if I lock the phone, I don't want it to keep listening
    • Not to lock the phone while I'm in a call
    • That i would like it sleep when I sleep and wake up when I wake up

My 9780 kicks it's *** everyday!!!
    06-02-13 06:00 AM
    Then feel free to happily enjoy your 9780.

I will happily enjoy my Z10 while new features are added, as the OS matures.

Posted from my amazing Z10 via CB10
    06-02-13 06:04 AM
    Enjoy your daily battery pull

Posted with RedBerry 10
    06-02-13 06:39 AM
    Coming from my bricking BB7 devices, a random reboot every other day while I sleep has minimal impact. The phone is always live when I need it during the day.

Prefer it over bricking 9930s and 9810 in the middle of the day while on my commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-13 07:02 AM
    What's the point of having a thread like this?? If you don't like the phone return it. If you don't own one shut your trap, and voice your displeasure somewhere else!!!

Sick of post like this from people with 40 posts!
    06-02-13 07:07 AM
    This is a stupid thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 07:16 AM
    What's the point of having a thread like this?? If you don't like the phone return it. If you don't own one shut your trap, and voice your displeasure somewhere else!!!

Sick of post like this from people with 40 posts!
    Especially when the solution is so simple.

Stay with the phone that suits you better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-13 07:17 AM
    If you were a smart user, you wouldn't let a phone out smart you.......some people wow

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by BB_Junky; 06-02-13 at 08:09 AM.
    06-02-13 07:53 AM
    Wow. BlackBerry on BlackBerry hate.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 07:56 AM
    Wow. BlackBerry on BlackBerry hate.

Posted via CB10
    Seems there is a crop of legacy users bashing everything about the BB10 devices. Which in turn gets the BB10 fans going.

Frankly, if someone comes at me with that line of thinking, all I have to do is to remember that I left BlackBerry because the BB7 devices did not work for me. And I let them know that. I would not dream of going back to legacy, it did not work for me. But if it rocks someone's world, enjoy it.

The OP has started several threads all with the same theme. He hates the Z10. In one post he says he absolutely will not go back to his 9780.

I'm violently resisting going back to my 9780.
    Which begs the question....why, if you don't like the product, do you need to rant on incessantly about it in thread after thread after thread? Life is much too short to spend a minute of it on that level of hate and frustration.

Or maybe the whole point is to get attention?
    06-02-13 08:02 AM
    Not really a stupid thread but these are in fact that went missing from the OS, we all do need those functionalities and I hope BlackBerry is hearing these suggestions or reading these threads as a genuine feedback.

I for one really do need these and BlackBerry should get these baked into the 10, sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:04 AM
    Seems there is a crop of legacy users bashing everything about the BB10 devices. Which in turn gets the BB10 fans going.

Frankly, if someone comes at me with that line of thinking, all I have to do is to remember that I left BlackBerry because the BB7 devices did not work for me. And I let them know that. I would not dream of going back to legacy, it did not work for me. But if it rocks someone's world, enjoy it.

The OP has started several threads all with the same theme. He hates the Z10. In one post he says he absolutely will not go back to his 9780.

Which begs the question....why, if you don't like the product, do you need to rant on incessantly about it in thread after thread after thread? Life is much too short to spend a minute of it on that level of hate and frustration.

Or maybe the whole point is to get attention?
    BlackBerry 7 did not work for a lot of us as it kept hanging every other day, including me for some time. But the features presented in legacy are long gone now. I absolutely love the 10 and will never go back to 7, but we do miss having a lot of those features that the OP is talking about.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:09 AM
    Not really a stupid thread but these are in fact that went missing from the OS, we all do need those functionalities and I hope BlackBerry is hearing these suggestions or reading these threads as a genuine feedback.

I for one really do need these and BlackBerry should get these baked into the 10, sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    There are features that have not been added in to the new OS yet. I, for one, am willing to use the device until those features arrive. If I had not been willing to be an early adopter of a new OS I would have stayed with my SGIII and my iPhone 4S, which suited me much better than the 9900 device with its history of bricking, sub par camera, checkerboarding, laggy OS, and slow browser. Instead, I came back to BlackBerry for a new device on a new platform understanding what that entailed.
    maddie1128 and Dunmanway Emar like this.
    06-02-13 08:09 AM
    If the Z10 was a smartphone it would be just another Android or iOS copy. Thankfully it is a genius phone.
    06-02-13 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry 7 did not work for a lot of us as it kept hanging every other day, including me for some time. But the features presented in legacy are long gone now. I absolutely love the 10 and will never go back to 7, but we do miss having a lot of those features that the OP is talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Subsequent OS iterations will bring new features. I just upgraded last night from stock AT&T .116 to 10.1.0.2342. I am now getting acquainted with this new OS and there are new features, particularly in the Hub, that I really like.

If I hadn't understood software development cycles I would not have come back to BlackBerry.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 06-02-13 at 08:24 AM. Reason: corrected OS number
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    06-02-13 08:12 AM
    There's a difference between starting a thread to say "I wish the Z10 had x, y, and z" and starting a thread that is clearly meant to start an argument.
    jayemmbee likes this.
    06-02-13 08:43 AM
    For what it's worth, a lot of OP's points are certainly valid complaints, I know I certainly expected most of them would be addressed on the initial builds and a bunch of then haven't been. Let's try not to lynch him too much.

Posted via CB10
    Takmelius and richardat like this.
    06-02-13 08:46 AM
    Ehmm....I don't understand any of the points. Just weird.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:49 AM
    Ehmm....I don't understand any of the points. Just weird.

Posted via CB10
    If you'd like, just take a look at any of his literally dozens of posts on the same subject matter. He explains better on any of those.
    06-02-13 09:13 AM
    For what it's worth, a lot of OP's points are certainly valid complaints, I know I certainly expected most of them would be addressed on the initial builds and a bunch of then haven't been. Let's try not to lynch him too much.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure they are, for some. I'm pointing out that there are literally dozens of posts by the OP on the same subject. Is it to be accepted that a new thread on the same subject matter by the same poster would be opened with reliable predictability?
    06-02-13 09:15 AM
    Subsequent OS iterations will bring new features. I just upgraded last night from stock AT&T .116 to 10.1.0.2342. I am now getting acquainted with this new OS and there are new features, particularly in the Hub, that I really like.

If I hadn't understood software development cycles I would not have come back to BlackBerry.
    Just a suggestion.... don't settle in to the .2342 leak too much as I think it was rejected in testing (due to battery drain ?)
    Install .2354 as soon as it becomes available as an autoloader.
    Andrea Rocco likes this.
    06-02-13 09:18 AM
    I don't understand why people buy BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 if they don't like the phone because it lacks of apps or they must to troll to bash the phone. I own BlackBerry Z10 upgraded from an Iphone 4S and loving it every minute. Its HUB, Flow, Peek, Best Virtual Keyboard, Camera TimeShift and Video Screen Sharing are the best features for me. Its UI is the way to go for the next century. I'm glad BB10 UI is not like Android or IOS.
    06-02-13 09:21 AM
    I'm sure they are, for some. I'm pointing out that there are literally dozens of posts by the OP on the same subject. Is it to be accepted that a new thread on the same subject matter by the same poster would be opened with reliable predictability?
    No, certainly not. I haven't noticed any of the OP's other threads myself, this is the first I've seen. Definitely valid complaints, but obviously their are community rules that need to be followed and multiple threads on the same subject matter is a general 'no go'. If these are such major grievances, it might be best for OP to move onto another device. For me, a lot of the functionality the OP is after are things I would like addressed as well, but they're not 'essentials' right now, if they were I'd probably have to switch devices as well.
    06-02-13 09:25 AM
    Just a suggestion.... don't settle in to the .2342 leak too much as I think it was rejected in testing (due to battery drain ?)
    Install .2354 as soon as it becomes available as an autoloader.
    Gotcha!!!! Many thanks!!!
    06-02-13 09:32 AM
    If the OP was a smart person he wouldn't have named the thread this way. No offense here.. Just trying to make a point about getting other members worked up for no reason. Sure you have annoyances which are just that annoyances that you're not use to because you're on a legacy device and OS10 is a new operating system. The new OS is getting finetuned all the time. If you have no patience for this process then go to the phone that work best for you. No need to insult other people's choices. To imply that because of these minor annoyances that the z10 is not a smartphone is ridiculous.
    Bobcat665 and tangyboy like this.
    06-02-13 09:56 AM
78 123 ...