I'm considering buying a new Z10 to replace my water damaged Z10. My phone plan would be for 2 years (current 2 year plan finishes in January). Will the z10 be obsolete soon? I ran across this problem with a previous LG phone on a 3 year plan. The hardware could not support an OS upgrade, and the phone just limped along for the last 6 months of my plan with minimal capabilities.
    11-19-15 07:22 PM
    I'm considering buying a new Z10 to replace my water damaged Z10. My phone plan would be for 2 years (current 2 year plan finishes in January). Will the z10 be obsolete soon? I ran across this problem with a previous LG phone on a 3 year plan. The hardware could not support an OS upgrade, and the phone just limped along for the last 6 months of my plan with minimal capabilities.
    What mobile carrier are you using?
    11-19-15 07:28 PM
    It's already obsolete, BlackBerry haven't manufactured new ones for years. Why not buy a Leap?
    11-19-15 07:30 PM
    Excellent plan with Telus
    11-19-15 07:44 PM
    Been looking at the Leap. It is a much larger phone - not as portable when running and hiking, but the larger screen is appealing. It is missing any features from the Z10?
    11-19-15 07:45 PM
    You're beat suited to answer that, since it all depends on how you use the phone. IMHO, the Z10 is getting a bit long in the tooth, and I'm not a big app user.
    DeMow likes this.
    11-19-15 07:47 PM
    The Z10 is NOT getting 'long in the tooth' at all in my opinion, and I think its a meaningless generalization unless backed up with some specific information by the users experience, and is not the experience I am having.

If I were you, however, I would look on ebay or amazon for a good deal instead of going through the carrier where you will pay at least 3x the cost in the end. I generally look for top rated sellers, or at least check their customer satisfaction score, and trust ebay just a little bit more than Amazon for being able to check out who you're buying from. Price can be anywhere from $75-$200 for a good working or NIB item. So far I have always found and chosen NIB.

My LG Optimus Pro was dropped for carrier updates before the two year contract ended (AND, it was hot-off- the press when I bought it!), and exactly when the contract ended the microphone went kapooy, and ATnT wanted me to send it in under insurance (wasted my money buying insurance too!), it was going to cost me $200 deductable for that. For a phone I hated. That cost me $700 on contract bc I didnt know how to buy a cellphone. Or sending my phone in for replacement with total liability on me if it gets lost in the mail. I just said no I just wont bother, which strangely seemed to really exasperate two employees who weren't expecting that. (the LG microphone came back to life later, BTW!)

That is when i blindly jumped off the cliff and went BlackBerry, on ebay, knowing nothing. Been enjoying my phones and saving money ever since. So when talking BlackBerry, 'obsolete' is a subjective phrase. I know I save a ton of $$ on just not having apps waste my data anymore, alone.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-20-15 09:21 AM