Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CamWonder
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Lightbulb Ideas for a better z10

Okay so we all know blackberry Z10 looks great. Still there are improvements to be made. I personally have been looking at the brand new HTC One and OMFG it looks amazing. I'm certain i will still buy the blackberry Z10 when it arrives. However, if i were not the flagrant blackberry pusher that i am HTC would have definitely had a sale and new fan. Granted it does mimic the Z10 a lot still i like it.

Anyway regarding the Z10 I've always felt :
    - blackberry should have extended the screen margins as far as possible.
    - the word blackberry at the bottom was not needed seeing how the symbol is pretty famous now
    - add more metal to the design. The best part about the 9900 series was the royal and distinguished weight and feel of it because of the metal.
    - the blackberry definitely needs the noise cancellation feature of the Iphone and new android devices which is done by creating a hollow-like effect where the sound from the "ear speaker" is thus controlled.

What are some of your ideas?
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

I also think the HTC one is pretty sexy.

Yer I think your points are pretty valid...i agree

Oh lets not forget apps too.
    CrackBerry User

BB10 has noise cancellation.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Z10 does have noise cancellation, the microphone for it is on the top of the phone next to the power button, and it works extremely well compared to my friend's I phone 5.

The Blackberry word and logo under the screen actually look nice, the logo on its own is recognisable to tech geeks but a lot of people don't automatically know it's Blackberry. And with such a big launch as the Z10 and what it means for BlackBerry its pretty crucial to have the name on the front, so that no matter who you are or how much you know about mobile phones etc, you're aware that you're looking at the new Blackberry.

As for the materials used on the Z10, i think Blackberry are aware that slightly higher end materials could have been used on the Z10, from reading interviews with the head designer, which is why they chose a metal frame and glass weave back for the Q10. The only thing I think would improve the Z10 would be a metal frame. However I'm not sure how this would affect the weight of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Curve 8520, Torch 9810, Playbook 64GB, Black Z10.
    CrackBerry Master

I think they need to extend the settings drop down menu. There should be a setting to turn GPS on and off like they did for Bluetooth and Wi - Fi. I also think it'd be cool to be able to tap the notifications icon and be able to cycle through all the sound profiles instead of the current and last used. That would save us having to search through the options to change profiles as it's a bit of a hassle for someone who changes them often like myself.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Hate the metal frame. So glad BlackBerry didn't go that route. Just makes a phone look and feel like an ugly brick. My opinion of course.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sequeiraracing View Post
    BB10 has noise cancellation.
    yep... it's the best! Everyone i've spoken to was like waw, the clarity is impressive... And i've had the Note and the 9900...not nearly as good as the Zed10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by UMLD View Post
    Hate the metal frame. So glad BlackBerry didn't go that route. Just makes a phone look and feel like an ugly brick. My opinion of course.
    I meant simply keep the aesthetic look of the Z10 exactly the same but change the material to metal, like on the Q10. Not just shove a big extra silver bit round the edge like the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    Curve 8520, Torch 9810, Playbook 64GB, Black Z10.
    CrackBerry Addict

Nah. I don't miss any metal. I am seeing I phones where the black paint is wearing out showing the metal underneath. I think the plastic surrounding is a better way to go