- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
Ideas for a better z10
Okay so we all know blackberry Z10 looks great. Still there are improvements to be made. I personally have been looking at the brand new HTC One and OMFG it looks amazing. I'm certain i will still buy the blackberry Z10 when it arrives. However, if i were not the flagrant blackberry pusher that i am HTC would have definitely had a sale and new fan. Granted it does mimic the Z10 a lot still i like it.
Anyway regarding the Z10 I've always felt :
- blackberry should have extended the screen margins as far as possible.
- the word blackberry at the bottom was not needed seeing how the symbol is pretty famous now
- add more metal to the design. The best part about the 9900 series was the royal and distinguished weight and feel of it because of the metal.
- the blackberry definitely needs the noise cancellation feature of the Iphone and new android devices which is done by creating a hollow-like effect where the sound from the "ear speaker" is thus controlled.
What are some of your ideas?
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-07-2013, 11:05 AM #4
- 217 Posts
Z10 does have noise cancellation, the microphone for it is on the top of the phone next to the power button, and it works extremely well compared to my friend's I phone 5.
The Blackberry word and logo under the screen actually look nice, the logo on its own is recognisable to tech geeks but a lot of people don't automatically know it's Blackberry. And with such a big launch as the Z10 and what it means for BlackBerry its pretty crucial to have the name on the front, so that no matter who you are or how much you know about mobile phones etc, you're aware that you're looking at the new Blackberry.
As for the materials used on the Z10, i think Blackberry are aware that slightly higher end materials could have been used on the Z10, from reading interviews with the head designer, which is why they chose a metal frame and glass weave back for the Q10. The only thing I think would improve the Z10 would be a metal frame. However I'm not sure how this would affect the weight of the phone.
Posted via CB10Curve 8520, Torch 9810, Playbook 64GB, Black Z10.
- CrackBerry Master
03-07-2013, 11:14 AM #5
- 1,243 Posts
I think they need to extend the settings drop down menu. There should be a setting to turn GPS on and off like they did for Bluetooth and Wi - Fi. I also think it'd be cool to be able to tap the notifications icon and be able to cycle through all the sound profiles instead of the current and last used. That would save us having to search through the options to change profiles as it's a bit of a hassle for someone who changes them often like myself.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-07-2013, 12:09 PM #8Curve 8520, Torch 9810, Playbook 64GB, Black Z10.
- 217 Posts
- By DaveSeto in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 4Last Post: 02-19-2013, 09:35 PM
- By CDLacey in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
- By grahamf in forum AndroidReplies: 9Last Post: 12-17-2010, 03:41 PM
- By MRHIGHSPEED in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 02-29-2008, 12:07 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum Other PlatformsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2007, 06:03 AM